Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap card queries

Options
  • 22-01-2020 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, probably terribly stupid questions but here goes;

1) I currently use my topped up leap card for occasional use on the Swords Express (as I have an annual ticket for Dublin Bus). With effect from 1 Feb I will have an annual ticket for Swords Express but will use Dublin Bus occasionally and want to use my remaining credit on that. When last topped up I selected 'load location' as 'Swords Express' - does this prevent me using the remaining credit on Dublin Bus?

2) When topping up for use on Dublin Bus what do I select as the 'load location'? Is it 'Payzone leap card agent'? If so, do I need to go to an agent to "collect the credit" before the ticket is available for use?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

The "load location" is where your leap card collects the top-up. It doesn't matter which one you choose, just pick whichever is most convenient for you. If you pick the Swords Express you can still use your credit on Dublin Bus and all other forms of transport.

If you have an Android phone with NFC, that's the easiest way to load your top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DocR

Briliant thank you - I half thought I might lose the credit on my card as I will no longer be using it on the Swords Express!

When I top up in future (for use on Dublin Bus) there is no 'Dublin Bus' option in the 'load location' - is it 'payzone leap card agent' that I should select?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

DocR wrote: »
    Briliant thank you - I half thought I might lose the credit on my card as I will no longer be using it on the Swords Express!

When I top up in future (for use on Dublin Bus) there is no 'Dublin Bus' option in the 'load location' - is it 'payzone leap card agent' that I should select?

Yes, you will have to load it in a shop that does Leap card top ups (meaning it might be easier just to top up in the shop). You can't load credit from Dublin Bus validators.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DocR wrote: »

https://www.transportforireland.ie/fares/leap-card/leap-card-top-up/

In future you should use this!

It's by far more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://www.transportforireland.ie/fares/leap-card/leap-card-top-up/

In future you should use this!

It's by far more convenient.

iPhone users don't have the option, poor sheep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 DocR

Thanks all, much appreciated!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Anyone know how to add a new payment card to Leap?

My old bank card has been replaced, but I can't find anywhere on the app or website where I can enter my new payment card details.

I usually top up credit using the android app.

Advertisement