Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC WDYTYA? new series

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Even though there was not much real genealogy, I enjoyed last night's episode. The idea of his grandfather racing across open fields on his motorbike carrying boxes of ammo, near a enemy advance of 300 tanks being shot at is mad! If that happened in a movie it would be dismissed as unrealistic.

Agree with the best of episodes that pinkypinky mentioned - never heard of Hugh Quarshie before, but his episode was very interesting.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Yeah Hugh's was great for the genealogy of it, but I just found him very dull and I didn't really care too much about him, and so ended up caring less about his story.

Even though Alan's whole programme was just about his grandad, no further genealogy, I found it very touching from an entertainment view I suppose. Sometimes a person's family tree may not be that exciting but the stories about a particular family member or two can really add a new dimension to the genealogy of it all, and help you connect more to that relative, and the family line.

Advertisement