Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

lidl-2802.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Duck legs again.

1ocimz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

,those mozzarella burgers will please any of your household vegetarians, and anyone else really, theyre quite yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Just done the scratchcard from the shop in Moore St earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Just done the scratchcard from the shop in Moore St earlier today
    Dont keep us in suspense :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,621 ✭✭✭✭zell12

50c off on scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

zell12 wrote: »
    50c off on scratchcard

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlondeLou

Toffee Hitz (Lidl’s Toffee Pops) or Indian Sauces (Tikka/Korma) is the next one (after 50c)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tx_tx

BlondeLou wrote: »
    Toffee Hitz (Lidl’s Toffee Pops) or Indian Sauces (Tikka/Korma) is the next one (after 50c)

I thought you could only get scratchers every 10 hours and new prizes were issued on Thursdays, has it changed again?

• Advertisement

tx_tx wrote: »
    I thought you could only get scratchers every 12 hours and new prizes were issued on Thursdays, has it changed again?
    It''s a Lidl PR boardsie!!:pac:

It''s a Lidl PR boardsie!!:pac:

I'll take that as a compliment :P

I'll take that as a compliment :P
    I must've said it wrong :pac:

This weeks treats are the most appealing by quite a bit so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

No longer getting scratchcards when we shop in our local, anyone else getting the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Got the cream cleaner or sugar free drops on the scratch card yesterday. Im only in Lidl at best every two weeks so I went back around to get one of the them but couldnt find either, the cream cleaner definitely wasnt stocked in the cleaning section as I checked it twice. Maybe Im unlucky but this has happened a good bit now over the last few months. I know its a freebie and everything but when theres no stock its a bit annoying. They know through the app how many people have activated it so it should be possible to maintain stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

No longer getting scratchcards when we shop in our local, anyone else getting the same?

again I thought I didn't get the scratch card but it was in with my receipts, that's happened to me twice

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Got the cream cleaner or sugar free drops on the scratch card yesterday. Im only in Lidl at best every two weeks so I went back around to get one of the them but couldnt find either, the cream cleaner definitely wasnt stocked in the cleaning section as I checked it twice. Maybe Im unlucky but this has happened a good bit now over the last few months. I know its a freebie and everything but when theres no stock its a bit annoying. They know through the app how many people have activated it so it should be possible to maintain stocks.

The freebies seem like a bait and switch to me. Give out freebies to get people coming back to the store but keep low levels of stock so it's not costing you too much. I've had loads of freebies on the app but rarely get any of them due to a lack of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

most enjoyable freebies so far for me were the cherry tart thingys

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The freebies seem like a bait and switch to me. Give out freebies to get people coming back to the store but keep low levels of stock so it's not costing you too much. I've had loads of freebies on the app but rarely get any of them due to a lack of stock.

yeah its kind of feeling like a bait and switch to me lately, its one thing to not be able to get the freebie 2 or 3 times but its happened me almost every time on the last 6 or 7 visits. I get the app became more popular but they dont seem to have risen their stock levels to match that and its not like they dont know how many people have the app, how many have scratchcards, etc.

At this point I dont think I'll bother hunting around for the freebies again unless its something I genuinely need. Its all a bit counter productive when theyre out of stock because you end up feeling like a mug for having wasted your time even trying to find something that you know is likely not there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gussieg wrote: »
    most enjoyable freebies so far for me were the cherry tart thingys

They sounded tasty alright. I would have liked to try them... but no stock.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah its kind of feeling like a bait and switch to me lately, its one thing to not be able to get the freebie 2 or 3 times but its happened me almost every time on the last 6 or 7 visits. I get the app became more popular but they dont seem to have risen their stock levels to match that and its not like they dont know how many people have the app, how many have scratchcards, etc.

At this point I dont think I'll bother hunting around for the freebies again unless its something I genuinely need. Its all a bit counter productive when theyre out of stock because you end up feeling like a mug for having wasted your time even trying to find something that you know is likely not there.

I live close enough to my Lidl so I'm usually in there every few days so I have a few opportunities to get the freebies. The only ones I remember them having stock of is the sugar free drops and they were shíte.

Ah it's not, the trick is to get there in the morning, when shelves have been stocked.

Ah it's not, the trick is to get there in the morning, when shelves have been stocked.

It does help. But when something is out of stock, it also happens that your scratchcard expires before the day they restock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

There must be a higher usage (or population in general) of the app in certain areas because apart from once or maybe twice since the app started I've always been able to get the freebies with no issue, picked up the cream cleaner last time and there were tonnes on the shelf. This is between two Lidl stores that are nearby (could also be less Lidl's in the area :pac:). The only thing I have trouble getting is the fresh bread offers but I tend to shop in the evenings although oddly the Lidl with the smaller fresh bread section tends to have much better stock at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

grimm2005 wrote: »
    There must be a higher usage (or population in general) of the app in certain areas because apart from once or maybe twice since the app started I've always been able to get the freebies with no issue, picked up the cream cleaner last time and there were tonnes on the shelf. This is between two Lidl stores that are nearby (could also be less Lidl's in the area :pac:). The only thing I have trouble getting is the fresh bread offers but I tend to shop in the evenings although oddly the Lidl with the smaller fresh bread section tends to have much better stock at that time.

Also bear in mind they are pushing the app to everybody that shops there so more and more people are signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Also bear in mind they are pushing the app to everybody that shops there so more and more people are signing up.

Lidl making fools of the customers, multiple times I tried and no stock of w5 cream cleaner or carrots 50% off last week, jam a previous week etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Went into lidl this morning. Was amazed at how much is generally out of stock yet again of just the basics.

Anytime I go to aldi the Shelves are full.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlondeLou

I thought you could only get scratchers every 10 hours and new prizes were issued on Thursdays, has it changed again?

I don’t think so. My app just plays up a lot with getting delayed scratchcards.

Next one is the Nuts/Fruits Tub (again!) or.... Moist Toilet Paper :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have rarely not gotten what I needed and that includes the free stuff.
    It must all depend on the store.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I rarely pick up the freebies but I always use the money off :pac: Used a €1 off earlier and got a 50c off in the scratch & win. That'll do me. I find with some of the money off offers it can be hit and miss as to whether they are on their normal shelves or in a congregated spot so you really have to keep an eye out for the ones you want. I find in our local Lidl, if they are just in their normal spot (e.g. carrots last week with 50% off) there is no sign that they are the Lidl Plus special offer ones, I have to check the pack size and price in the app to be sure.

Advertisement