Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

this is now my bible

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Markcheese wrote: »
    Ahh , what's the tv taped to ? Surely not just the paintwork ? Meh ...

I doubt the car is 'real' in fairness :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's such a shame that the sellotape will ruin the box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

New Home wrote: »

post 926

bugmenot.com

You're welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

48inch TV 500 dollars

Overheating Ferrari Testarossa, priceless...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

182213.jpg

339640.jpg

94577.jpg

Creative? Yes
    Lifehack? No
    Cunning Marketing? Priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

oSndCMki.jpg

magnum PI doing his weekend shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Lifehack? No

How is it not a lifehack?

It solves the issue of needing a laptop stand in a cheap (free?) manner

fryup wrote: »
    magnum PI doing his weekend shopping?
    Higgins won't be happy.

mrcheez wrote: »
    How is it not a lifehack?

It solves the issue of needing a laptop stand in a cheap (free?) manner

If thats a lifehack then so is this:

If you need a comfortable place to stand your laptop here is a free solution: place your laptop, on your lap. This gives you easy access to the keys, touchpad, and you can see the screen!

If you need a comfortable place to stand your laptop here is a free solution: place your laptop, on your lap. This gives you easy access to the keys, touchpad, and you can see the screen!

Not really the same... this is a cheap replacement for a device that normally costs €30 or something.

It's about using everyday objects to solve problems that they weren't originally created to solve.

It's about using everyday objects to solve problems that they weren't originally created to solve.

Oh is that what a lifehack is? Good to know.

Oh is that what a lifehack is? Good to know.

indeed.. only took 946 posts :D

Except that your lap can block the vents and cause said laptop to overheat. It's one of the reasons they started calling them notepads, etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

V2rWtjN9.jpg

Except that your lap can block the vents and cause said laptop to overheat. It's one of the reasons they started calling them notepads, etc.

So how does placing a laptop onto a pizza box not block the vents?

• Advertisement

So how does placing a laptop onto a pizza box not block the vents?

Flat surface so the rubber feet on the laptop lifts it enough to allow air flow.

If you put it on your lap it's not necessarily resting on the rubber feet.

That. ^^^ Also, your body is warmer than the box.

You can also increase the air flow by cutting slots in the areas corresponding to the vents (not recommended on laps).

Flat surface so the rubber feet on the laptop lifts it enough to allow air flow.

If you put it on your lap it's not necessarily resting on the rubber feet.

I'm sorry. It's still not a life hack in my opinion.

Quick question: How many people here use laptop stands?

Ok, what is a hack for you, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'm sorry. It's still not a life hack in my opinion.

Quick question: How many people here use laptop stands?

Me.

+1

Ok, what is a hack for you, then?

A good example of a lifehack is

"Bored? Frustrated? Have an argument on an internet forum, get your anger out, and watch the time fly by"

"We're not arguing, we're just having a discussion".
    That's what Mummy and Daddy always say...

A good example of a lifehack is

"Bored? Frustrated? Have an argument on an internet forum, get your anger out, and watch the time fly by"

I guess there are 2 types... coping techniques (like the above) and physical solutions (like using a pizza box in place of buying a designated laptop stand)

Definition is apparently: "a usually simple and clever tip or technique for accomplishing some familiar task more easily and efficiently "

• Advertisement

I guess there are 2 types... coping techniques (like the above) and physical solutions (like using a pizza box in place of buying a designated laptop stand)

Definition is apparently: "a usually simple and clever tip or technique for accomplishing some familiar task more easily and efficiently "

Thats maybe my problem then. I've never required or desired a laptop stand to begin with.

Advertisement