Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

New Home wrote: »
    450829.jpg

Literally yesterday I said I was gonna try do a month off booze for feb. It’s feb 1st and I’m thinking I have all the equipment needed for a fridge wine dispenser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Mellor wrote: »
    Literally yesterday I said I was gonna try do a month off booze for feb. It’s feb 1st and I’m thinking I have all the equipment needed for a fridge wine dispenser.
    Want to try it together Mellor?? The off-booze month, not the wine dispenser :) I could do with the moral support.

ON TOPIC:
    Didn't realise that you could happily freeze orange zest. Will last up to 3 months. Great way to always have it on hand for baking.

Also, frozen rosemary is WAY easier to pluck off the branch than fresh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Surely that would slide the glasses down on your nose all day and wreck yer head.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not if the elastic is silicon based, it's non-slip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,638 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I prefer my own solution: tie a thin black shoestring between the two ear loops, and put it over your crown :D

Works for non-glasses wearers too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

My own solution was to get a strap off safety glasses (as below) and sewed them to my reusable masks. They have a little toggle on them, and although it can look like a top knot it makes them really comfortable to wear.

16855__14985.1483359662.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought hacks were supposed to make things easier! That’s more of an eggsperiment!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

wow.. gotta get me some of those

That reminds me, have you ever seen the tiny Japanese apartment with all the hidden furniture that folds away? I must have a look and see if I can find a link to it, it's the coolest thing ever.

On a smaller scale, I stole this from from Cool Gifs:

https://i.imgur.com/wGhW4f8.gif

That reminds me, have you ever seen the tiny Japanese apartment with all the hidden furniture that folds away? I must have a look and see if I can find a link to it, it's the coolest thing ever.

On a smaller scale, I stole this from from Cool Gifs:

https://i.imgur.com/wGhW4f8.gif

I slept in several capsule hotels while I was touring Japan... they had everything you'd ever need within reach while lying down and fold away after. Surprisingly comfortable and efficient!

Stuff for use on boats can be pretty space saving too.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I slept in several capsule hotels while I was touring Japan... they had everything you'd ever need within reach while lying down and fold away after. Surprisingly comfortable and efficient!

Ireland needs to embrace furniture-less rentals. That way life hackers like us can embrace multi-use furniture.

I'd design and build a coffee table that converts into a dining table.

This was something else, it was something like a 22sqm flat where the owner (who had lived there since his childhood with his whole family, 4 or 5 people, I think) renovated the place by building a moveable wall with build-in hidden furniture - it was something like 10 or 12 rooms in one and counting. I'm still looking for a link. Back in a while.

Meanwhile, while I was down the small flats' rabbit hole, I came across this (don't ask):
    clipimage-60126fd67ceec__700.jpg

Found it. It was Hong Kong, not Japan.

clever-life-hacks-403-5f3e831d875e0__700.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This was something else, it was something like a 22sqm flat where the owner (who had lived there since his childhood with his whole family, 4 or 5 people, I think) renovated the place by building a moveable wall with build-in hidden furniture - it was something like 10 or 12 rooms in one and counting. I'm still looking for a link. Back in a while.
    Was it this one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1MVqwvOqvY
    Ireland needs to embrace furniture-less rentals.

I really never understood the obsession with furnished rentals

"I Was Running Late For Work And Couldn't Find Her Leash, This Is How I Walked My Dog This Morning"

5efb392d595a7_4aDUHWX__700.jpg

Mellor wrote: »

No, this, but that's pretty cool, too.

5f3fad2d1c964_z4but6brepj41__700.jpg

5f16d9f4df7f0_6eat5x7ez3h41__700.jpg

"Writing Dates And Hours On The Packaging Of Your Medication Eliminates The "Did I Remember To Take It This Afternoon Or Do I Need To Take It Now?" Problem"

5e95ce7075d9e_huwr6uqqnqb31__700.jpg

clever-life-hacks-309-5f3e91e848116__700.jpg

No, this, but that's pretty cool, too.

That is just amazing!

oSndCMki.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

oSndCMki.jpg

Ahh , what's the tv taped to ? Surely not just the paintwork ? Meh ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement