Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Gates wants 1 Billion dead.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

uprising2 wrote: »
    Organic?, just maybe, do you think mysterious would not look into what he wants to grow.

And again confusing what nature does naturally and what genetic manipulation does artificially, have a read of this, clear your confusion.
    http://www.theorganiccentre.ie/what_is_organic

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Genetic+manipulation

I am absolutely sure Mysterious will, and that why i asked the question on where he is getting his seeds from....

and you are mistaking, Organic has nothing to do with this, organic is about soil and plant care the natural way...

the point i was trying to make is that this, over the 100 years we humans have taken food plants and have selectively bred them to produce a more robust stock, better quailty food, more resiliant to disease and produce better yields.....
    what this amounts to is selective breeding to produce the best genetics possible...
    unfortuanely this takes years for this stuff to come about, but it slowly changes the plant life to what farmers want...and changes the product itself.
    GM food just does this process rapidly as we can alter the make up of the product easily.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

robtri wrote: »
    I am absolutely sure Mysterious will, and that why i asked the question on where he is getting his seeds from....

and you are mistaking, Organic has nothing to do with this, organic is about soil and plant care the natural way...

the point i was trying to make is that this, over the 100 years we humans have taken food plants and have selectively bred them to produce a more robust stock, better quailty food, more resiliant to disease and produce better yields.....
    what this amounts to is selective breeding to produce the best genetics possible...
    unfortuanely this takes years for this stuff to come about, but it slowly changes the plant life to what farmers want...and changes the product itself.
    GM food just does this process rapidly as we can alter the make up of the product easily.....

And the point I'm making is there are seeds available that have never had any chemicals used on its ancestors and therefore are organic.
    Can you explain a little more clearly what your saying or link to what it is, because as far as I know animal DNA has never been part of any plant until genetic modification came about, again you are confusing selective breeding with GM.
    Please link to what you are attempting to get at because I think you've just made it up and assume its true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

where are you geeting your seeds from???? to grow your own...

you do realise that if you buying them, the are selectively bred over generations to force nature to produce better crops and better products....
    Done by farmers and scientists over the years to help produce better food and more resiliant foods than what nature offered (exact same as GM foods)...

its not a huge step away from GM food...... in reality its virtually the same...

I wont be growing anything tropical or freaks in my garden. It will be Brocolli, cabbage, lettuce, Spring onions, Tomatoes, and Herbs. They weren't created in the lab thankfully.

We already have apple trees and berry bushes.

Lol at your post....:D What I'm growing and what is there is what natured has already offered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I think everyone has it backwards... Bill Gates wants a billion XP operating systems to be replaced with Windows 7. He wants XP and Vista to die, not potential customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Sorry but your sounding like a politician now :)
    Picking the best plants for preparing seeds is not the same and genetically engineering plants to already have these attributes.
    When plants are cross bred too much i believe they also deform in the way of going hermaphrodite after going into flower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The way this discussion is going on and people talking about growing their own vegatables an all that, you'd swear there were GM vegatables in every supermarket or something.

I hate to tell ya but when we're talking about GMO, it's mostly animal feed and cooking oils, not giant killer tomatoes. In fact the genetically modified tomato was actually crap and didn't survive like a regular one! So mysterious is gonna need a bigger garden.

Traceability requirements for food produced from GMO's is set out in Regulation (EC) No 1830/2003 which requires that the labelling of such products is in accordance with the requirements of Regulation (EC) No 1829/2003 so as to ensure that accurate information is available to operators and consumers to enable them to exercise their freedom of choice in an effective manner as well as to enable control and verification of labelling claims.

Guess we have the head lizards in Bruxelles to thank for that. Gotta love the EU.

So can we grow a second head from eating GM food from a secondary source? Well, so far no...
    Most of Ireland's animal feed importers are still selling genetically modified (GM) feedstuffs to our farmers, while repeating the biotech industry PR spin that GM-free feed is unavailable or prohibitively expensive. As a result, the majority of Irish non-organic meat, poultry and dairy produce continues to be produced from livestock fed on GM ingredients, with no GM label to inform consumers.

I think everyone has it backwards... Bill Gates wants a billion XP operating systems to be replaced with Windows 7. He wants XP and Vista to die, not potential customers.

Never as long as they hold onto backwards compatability...

studiorat wrote: »
    The way this discussion is going on and people talking about growing their own vegatables an all that, you'd swear there were GM vegatables in every supermarket or something.

I hate to tell ya but when we're talking about GMO, it's mostly animal feed and cooking oils, not giant killer tomatoes. In fact the genetically modified tomato was actually crap and didn't survive like a regular one! So mysterious is gonna need a bigger garden.

Guess we have the head lizards in Bruxelles to thank for that. Gotta love the EU.

So can we grow a second head from eating GM food from a secondary source? Well, so far no...

http://www.gmfreeireland.org/food/index.php

IRISH RETAILERS WHICH SELL GM FOOD:

Most Irish retailers still sell non-organic Irish and foreign meat and dairy produce from livestock that have been fed on animal feed contaminated with
    GM ingredients including GM soya, GM maize gluten, and GM oilseed rape. A giant loophole in EU law enables such produce to be sold without a GM label. Moreover, hotels and restaurants can sell food cooked in GM oil without informing their customers.

Unlike the UK, most Irish retailers do not have a policy to exclude GM ingredients. Marks & Spencers is the exception, with an excellent policy to avoid GM ingredients in its own-brand food and also to avoid selling fresh meat and dairy produce from animals that have been fed a GM diet.

didn't read the post did ya? That repeats what I quoted from the same site...
    Most of Ireland's animal feed importers are still selling genetically modified (GM) feedstuffs to our farmers, blah blah

So you'll have to start growing your own cows as well.

The blah,blah bit said

This page identifies only those GM foods on sale in Ireland which we have identified so far, both legal and illegal (i.e. not approved for human consumption under EU law). It is not a comprehensive listing. Please contact us if you discover any other GM-labelled food on sale in Ireland or Northern Ireland.

Food now being sold in the Irish market may contain ingredients derived from the following GM crops:

soya bean that is resistant to weedkillers
    maize that is resistant to weedkillers and/or produces built-in pesticides
    oil from rapeseed that is resistant to weedkillers
    oil from cottonseed that is resistant to weedkillers and/or produces built-in pesticide

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) has identified GM ingredients in the following types of food:

breadcrumbs for chicken and burger
    corn snacks derived from maize
    gluten-free reduced sugar rusks
    lecithin granules derived from soya bean and maize meal
    soya protein mince
    soya protein chunks
    soya biscuits and cakes
    soya bran
    soya flour
    infant formula
    soya cream
    soya yogurt
    soya drink
    soya dessert
    taco shells
    tortilla chips
    vegetable casserole

However, the above list does not mean that there are not other food types on the market with GM maize or soya ingredients. For updated list of GM foods sold in Ireland, visit the Food Safety Authority web site at www.fsai.ie.

• Advertisement

That's it alright.

Bit of scaremongering going on there too.
    It doesn't mention that Soya is GM derived though so it doesn't actually end up as an ingredient. The processing breaks down the DNA so the difference can't be told between GM and non-GM DNA.

Regarding eating animals that have been fed on GM foods, we eat their DNA and have done for millenia without any health issues, we break it down just like any protien. GMO DNA is still DNA why should it be any different?

Likewise with dairy products, the GM is used in the processing not in the actual ingredient. Hard cheese, the bacteria that's used to harden the cheese has a GM ingredient not the actual product.

I concurr with the argument for biodiversity, the health issues are minor compared.

Torakx wrote: »
    Sorry but your sounding like a politician now :)
    Picking the best plants for preparing seeds is not the same and genetically engineering plants to already have these attributes.
    When plants are cross bred too much i believe they also deform in the way of going hermaphrodite after going into flower.

ha ha..not a politician.. wish i was think of all the money :)

yes it is the same, picking best plants is picking plants with the best genetic material to ensure best products, best harvests to make more and more money....
    this process just takes a long while to ensure that the denetic material of the plant changes to the desired results...

GM does the eact same instead of decades it does it in days/months

no difference

ohhh that part of the thread is long gone.... we are talking about food products now....

but on that subject, has anyone here seen the full video... not an excert, a part taken out of context... Bill Gates does not want to cull any population....

ha ha..not a politician.. wish i was think of all the money :)

yes it is the same, picking best plants is picking plants with the best genetic material to ensure best products, best harvests to make more and more money....
    this process just takes a long while to ensure that the denetic material of the plant changes to the desired results...

GM does the eact same instead of decades it does it in days/months

no difference

GM adds animal DNA to plant DNA, it is not the same, you are starting to sound ridiculous at this stage, I think your the only person under the illusion that GM crops are some how a natural continuation of what would have been, just speeds it up.
    ohhh that part of the thread is long gone.... we are talking about food products now....

but on that subject, has anyone here seen the full video... not an excert, a part taken out of context... Bill Gates does not want to cull any population....

Here now see what has been taken out of contex and after you watch it please report exactly what has been taken out of contex.

GM adds animal DNA to plant DNA, it is not the same, you are starting to sound ridiculous at this stage, I think your the only person under the illusion that GM crops are some how a natural continuation of what would have been, just speeds it up.

What product adds animal DNA to plant DNA? That sounds like a conspiracy to me. I think you are being lied to there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

What product adds animal DNA to plant DNA? That sounds like a conspiracy to me. I think you are being lied to there...

I've heard of the genes of fish who have developed a resistence to cold waters gene's being added to crop, to allow them to survive frosts. Which to be honest if its true, seems like a bloody great breakthrough to me. It opens a whole host of possibilities, and means that we could use the advantages evolution has imbued on various genes over the course of millions of years to our advantage.

Imagine if the DNA of thermophiles could be used in crops. Essentially it would mean that we could grow crops anywhere. Although thats probably a pipe dream. However, greenpeace and the rest of the organic only brigade are opposed to it. Ever notice how the people vehemently opposed to this kind of research aren't struggling to grow crops in harsh climates to feed their families, they're usually rich westerners who have the luxury of choosing to grow their own cabbage patch.

some of it does, very little of it does....
    and i think you are being very naieve about this, there is nothing natural about modern farming techiques at all... weeding out the weak stock to develop the stronger DNA plants for future crop production.... crossbreeding varieties to ensure traits pass from one variety to another variety...

Here now see what has been taken out of contex and after you watch it please report exactly what has been taken out of contex.

the whole video is about providing a fututure for the poorest in the world to ensure their survial....
    not about eliminating them..... watch the whole video and get a grasp for what the man is trying to get accross..

yekahs wrote: »
    I've heard of the genes of fish who have developed a resistence to cold waters gene's being added to crop, to allow them to survive frosts. Which to be honest if its true, seems like a bloody great breakthrough to me. It opens a whole host of possibilities, and means that we could use the advantages evolution has imbued on various genes over the course of millions of years to our advantage.

They tried it with Tobacco in experiments, it didn't work. Better results are being had with Artic plants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

TYFNB.jpg

Well as far as i have always known they have been known to use animal and insect dna or genes mixed with plant genes or dna and that is why i have always been against gm foods.
    I honestly thing messing around with nature like that needs some serious testing over 50-100 years minimum to see the results and changes in peoples dna over that period.
    Am i wrong to say that all things we eat become a part of us in some ways?
    Dont we absorb nutrients and protiens from the food we eat?
    How do we know in 300 years something wont go seriously wrong with humans because of this and all the normal crops have been taken over by gm corporations?

I would have thought it would be much easier just to stop destroying countries economies and actually let them feed themselves.
    That secret of Oz documentary is also a good one to watch for anyone debating on here about poor countries unable to feed themselves.
    There are solutions that dont require corperate gm crops and massive debt for these places to have a better standard of living.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

the whole video is about providing a fututure for the poorest in the world to ensure their survial....
    not about eliminating them..... watch the whole video and get a grasp for what the man is trying to get accross..[/QUOTE]

Very noble
    But it seems his whole presentation is based on a crock of sh*t
    http://www.assassinationscience.com/climategate/

@enno99

I know you guys like your videos:

If videos don't work, see link to his channel below.

by http://www.youtube.com/user/potholer54

I don't want to drag this thread off-topic, so I will not be responding to any climate posts in order to acheive this goal.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Your videos are not playing for me

Your videos are not playing for me

Ok, the link to his channel is at the bottom, all his climate change stuff is numbered, and what I provided is 6, 7, 8, 8a.

http://www.youtube.com/user/potholer54

... or dna and that is why i have always been against gm foods.
    I honestly thing messing around with nature like that needs some serious testing over 50-100 years minimum to see the results and changes in peoples dna over that period.
    Am i wrong to say that all things we eat become a part of us in some ways?

we've been eating animal DNA for thousands of years, no one has turned into a cow yet.

we've been eating animal DNA for thousands of years, no one has turned into a cow yet.
    But alot of people act and llive like cows. Thats the perspective the illuminati look at us like, the same way we look at the very animals such as cows and sheep.

For example we are not supposed to drink cows breast milk, but we do. As adults we are not supposed to drink human breast milk, but we drnik processed cows breast milk which is normally given to young calves. Pigs are half human anyway. :P So there you go your eating something thats close to our species.

mysterious wrote: »
    But alot of people act and llive like cows. Thats the perspective the illuminati look at us like, the same way we look at the very animals such as cows and sheep.

For example we are not supposed to drink cows breast milk, but we do. As adults we are not supposed to drink human breast milk, but we drnik processed cows breast milk which is normally given to young calves. Pigs are half human anyway. :P So there you go your eating something thats close to our species.

:D
    Half pigs acting like cows.
    Made my day again...

Yes we eat animal and plant dna.
    Im just a bit skeptical about the sort of things they are mixing genes with.I dont want to be eating hybrid genes from frog plant mixes or whatever else they use.
    There is no need for gm crops.Its going to be and is a big scam to leech more resources.

Yes we eat animal and plant dna.
    Im just a bit skeptical about the sort of things they are mixing genes with.I dont want to be eating hybrid genes from frog plant mixes or whatever else they use.
    There is no need for gm crops.Its going to be and is a big scam to leech more resources.

They already genetically tamper with animals, give them hormones and steroids to beef them up. Give them bonemeal and crap food. Keep them in harsh environments.

Man is really messing and tampering with nature and its going to backfire very soon. Its bad enough that the iluminati have programmed our food over the thousands of years but we are now doing the exact same thing. We are putting harmful chemicals and synethics into our food to ensure wealth over the health of the people.

I read somewhere that animal who have been given GM foods pass the genetic faults onto their off spring.

• Advertisement

mysterious wrote: »
    I read somewhere that animal who have been given GM foods pass the genetic faults onto their off spring.

Please, please, read this...

biology_cover.jpg

Advertisement