Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut BF deals - inc 3 months Indo for €3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Caution: had a problem when linking to Independent.ie from my Revolut app so went directly to Independent.ie on the understanding that when I paid using my Revolut card I would only be charged €3 but to my horror I was charged 79.99.
    Have emailed their support to either rectify or cancel as no way am I paying the full amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubG12

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Caution: had a problem when linking to Independent.ie from my Revolut app so went directly to Independent.ie on the understanding that when I paid using my Revolut card I would only be charged €3 but to my horror I was charged 79.99.
    Have emailed their support to either rectify or cancel as no way am I paying the full amount.

So you just went to the website directly and purchased a full price bundle? Yea no, you have to use the Revolut link to get the offer. I get why you're having trouble though - I found the link quite slow to load at first.

https://subscribe.independent.ie/redeem/?coupon_code=rev765

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cirrus Incus

The Irish Independent is poor and it shouldn't be promoted. It's basically a tabloid. Wouldn't read it if it was free. Irish Times, Sunday Business Post and the Economist are where it's at if you want quality journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

DubG12 wrote: »
    So you just went to the website directly and purchased a full price bundle? Yea no, you have to use the Revolut link to get the offer. I get why you're having trouble though - I found the link quite slow to load at first.

https://subscribe.independent.ie/redeem/?coupon_code=rev765

Opening the link from my iPad didn’t let me access the page fully but on the basis that paying with my Revolut card would qualify me for the deal I regrettably proceeded. Hopefully their support will rectify it for me quickly.

The Irish Independent is poor and it shouldn't be promoted. It's basically a tabloid. Wouldn't read it if it was free. Irish Times, Sunday Business Post and the Economist are where it's at if you want quality journalism.

This is a bargain alerts thread, if you're not interested just move along to another forum to give out.

• Advertisement

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Opening the link from my iPad didn’t let me access the page fully but on the basis that paying with my Revolut card would qualify me for the deal I regrettably proceeded. Hopefully their support will rectify it for me quickly.

Understandable mistake. Did you see the 3% cashback on Apple accessories? Not sure when it ends. Only 3%, but all ads up to justify the Revolut metal monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Is this offer expired? Was hoping it would run until end of the month but looks like it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

emclau wrote: »
    Have to say I’m very pleased with this. I thought it would just give me access to the premium articles on the website, however it also includes ‘print’ editions of Indo and Sunday world to view in a newsreader app..

what is the app you need to view this? Do you know if it's available on amazon appstore or just play/apple stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

sweetie wrote: »
    what is the app you need to view this? Do you know if it's available on amazon appstore or just play/apple stores?

Newstand is the app ( orange harp), am using this on my fire 8. Works perfectly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

The three months are almost over. I like the Independent but not willing to pay for the full 13.99 Euro per month. Any cheaper alternatives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

tfeldi wrote: »
    The three months are almost over. I like the Independent but not willing to pay for the full 13.99 Euro per month. Any cheaper alternatives?

Not an indo fan, but 13.99 for access to Indo and Herald 6 days a week, and the sindo as well seems like a bargain to me. Support journalism and Irish jobs fgs. Do you have a sky sub ? Netflix ? Now Tv? At some point , you will have to stump up for things.

I pay 20 a month for the Irish Times and get the Saturday edition delivered, and access to daily editions via epaper app and it's well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Best value of the lot is Times/Sunday Times for €5 per month inclusive of freebies of Times 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Best value of the lot is Times/Sunday Times for €5 per month inclusive of freebies of Times 2.

Do you mean €5 per week? If not, where can I get it for €5 per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

I sub to that as well and definitely great value, but the freebies have been reduced - no more rakuten points and the cinema thing went away even before first lockdown last year.

J2CVC wrote: »

€5 per month. I got it on here a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

A large number of people including myself wouldn’t pick up the Indo or click into it if we were paid €3 per month....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

J2CVC wrote: »
    €5 per month. I got it on here a few years ago.

it's worth mentioning this isn't the Irish times, just the uk times with some Irish content, it's good value all the same

sweetie wrote: »
    it's worth mentioning this isn't the Irish times, just the uk times with some Irish content, it's good value all the same

Correct. Better than IT IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Is the 3 month Indo deal still active? Can't seem to find it in rewards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Is the 3 month Indo deal still active? Can't seem to find it in rewards.

Well gone, that’s was at the end of November I think.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Well gone, that’s was at the end of November I think.

Cheers, half guessed that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Perfect, thanks for the heads up. Just signed up there.

Just got a few notifications on this thread - I guess because the Revolut offer is ending this month and people looking for an alternative to paying full price. So, just a heads up to yourself and anyone else on the trials...There's a lower monthly price if you take an annual bundle, think they only launched this week, charged at €5.99 or €6.99 per month. Not as good as the prepay Black Friday deal, but pretty good value for the number of newspapers you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

Signed up for the Indo deal in November and coming up to the end. Do we have to call to cancel it or is there an easier way?

Niall20 wrote: »
    Signed up for the Indo deal in November and coming up to the end. Do we have to call to cancel it or is there an easier way?

Just ring. I got through to someone who must be working from home with a lousy phone signal and it seemed as if she was trying to run around the kitchen trying to find the best location.

I had to give her my email address using the phonetic alphabet but I got the cancellation reply 5 minutes after putting the phone down.

Only bonus was her poor reception meant that there was no pressure applied as to why I was leaving or did I want to renew again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

DubG12 wrote: »
    Just got a few notifications on this thread - I guess because the Revolut offer is ending this month and people looking for an alternative to paying full price. So, just a heads up to yourself and anyone else on the trials...There's a lower monthly price if you take an annual bundle, think they only launched this week, charged at €5.99 or €6.99 per month. Not as good as the prepay Black Friday deal, but pretty good value for the number of newspapers you get.

If you don't cancel your subscription, you're changed €13.99 every 3 months, so €4.66 p/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Niall20 wrote: »

I just cancelled and it took less than 2 minutes.
    Dial the number below, then 1 for customer care, and 1 again for subscriptions.
    tel:+35317055333

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

If you don't cancel your subscription, you're changed €13.99 every 3 months, so €4.66 p/m.

It's 13.99 per month not for three months

Advertisement