Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Schtop :eek: veritas videos, sister angela i feel pukey now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Ah lads, you should have done biology in school. Coitus was explained in very mechanical terms, it would nearly have turned you off it for life.

No such excitement here, although I did have the thrill of laundry and hit and miss cleaning. :(

I got told not to turn up for the biology exam.

But I did! I showed 'em.

Got an "E" but I was still there. Amoeba and stuff. WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Schtop :eek: veritas videos, sister angela i feel pukey now.

We had a religion teacher who separated the boys for one talk and the girls for another. The girls talk involved hand drawn pictures by the very red faced religion teacher. The male genitalia picture had each testes about a foot either side of the main attraction, if it was to scale. In my innocence I wondered how they managed with underwear and trousers.

God only knows what the boys were shown!

The irony is that the services of that teacher were deemed no longer necessary after she became pregnant outside of the sacrament of marriage. :D

We did have a more progressive science teacher though. He acknowledged we were all mortified but told us we needed to know this stuff. He also stressed that if any of the girls got pregnant it would change the course of our lives and we needed to remember that.

And there goes all the excitement of Jupiter's shenanigans ...

NewRed2 wrote: »
    I got told not to turn up for the biology exam.

But I did! I showed 'em.

And look at you now, emptying the dishwasher on a Friday night! :pac:

• Advertisement

And look at you now, emptying the dishwasher on a Friday night! :pac:

:D

haha yeah Oh if they could see me now. It's something I'd love to go back and say look at me now, I own my own dishwasher.
    It's not just Fridays either. I could be emptying this on a tuesday or a wednesday just the same.
    The same buzz exists either way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Serious side eye at this effing covid19 craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Latin is not the best language of shenanigans.
    Not Roman Latin anyway. Although I've always liked "In flagrante delicto" myself. In my head it translates visually to a tangle of bodies with clothes strewn all over the place.
    The French have the best words. "La petite mort" ! :)

I maxed my alcohol limit (2 drinks, just cider) , went to bed and slept like the dead. Just the normal dead not the sexy post coital French kind.

I'm up waiting for bird tv to start in the garden.

Oh i'd forgotten that one, the little death, i think it's wonderful. Appeals to my dark side perhaps? :P

Deskside disinfecting mouse, phone, keyboard and desk for handover..

Same here!

Is it standard procedure or a new rule, Grem? If that's not nosy.

The birds are still festering in their nests. I will have them sacked if they don't pull their socks up!

1st morning it hasn't been cold before sunrise here. There was strong heat from the sun at times yesterday. Please please let this be a proper summer.

• Advertisement

Me too ! I was too embarrassed to admit though :o

I knew what it meant Sephers, I'm embarrassed that I've never smoked a joint,I've always been afraid to try it ,going to sort that out soon but in the privacy of my own house in case I make a dope 😂 of myself.

Same here!

Is it standard procedure or a new rule, Grem? If that's not nosy.

The birds are still festering in their nests. I will have them sacked if they don't pull their socks up!

1st morning it hasn't been cold before sunrise here. There was strong heat from the sun at times yesterday. Please please let this be a proper summer.

I've always wiped these things down along with keypads and doors etc, hoping that it might become a regular thing with the rest of the dirty rats!.

I've smoked half a joint on two separate occasions. The 1st one when I was 16 made me overly chatty and hungry, the 2nd when I was 27 made me sick and I couldn't hold my head up. I thought I'd been handed heroin by mistake. I'm told some of it is laced/mixed with something stronger, not sure if it's a stronger strain of funny tobacco or another substance altogether but I'd be careful to get plain 'tobacco' if I was to try it again. Have considered it for stress but not needed now and I'm too addictive anyway, to go by my devotion to nicotine (I dont believe people who say funny tobacco isn't adductive, some people are predisposed to it by my friends' own admission)

No wonder the birds are on strike. I've just been out to talk to my neighbour and it's horrible out there :(

Thats good practise Grem, I do it at home with the fridge and cupboard and other door handles. It disgusts me how my phone screen picks up faint fingerprints at times even though I have the hands washed off myself.

I've always wiped these things down along with keypads and doors etc, hoping that it might become a regular thing with the rest of the dirty rats!.

I'm the same,hate the dirt between the keyboard keys,I've also always pulled my sleeve over my hand opening doors especially in the toilets,there's definitely people out there who don't bother washing their hands as you'd hear them heading straight out the door. dirt bags.

I need to get up and showered and head for bj,no mind for it tbh.

I have to take an old toothbrush to the crack around the lightswitches in a couple of rooms. Gughhhh

Ah day to myself today..... What to do what to do........
    Might see if any houses worth viewing this morning. Pity it looks like rain......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading for the shower

I ,going to sort that out soon but in the privacy of my own house .

While wearing a cat costume ?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

I knew what it meant Sephers, I'm embarrassed that I've never smoked a joint,I've always been afraid to try it ,going to sort that out soon but in the privacy of my own house in case I make a dope �� of myself.

Duvet yourself and mam should plan a trip to Amsterdam that’s the place to go to try it ! We went years ago after I had the all clear from a cancer scare a bucket list thing . I kept walking sideways laughing after it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Duvet yourself and mam should plan a trip to Amsterdam that’s the place to go to try it ! We went years ago after I had the all clear from a cancer scare a bucket list thing . I kept walking sideways laughing after it :)

That happened to me once from just drink.
    I was at a marquee party up from home, my Mrs didn't go, at around 5am I rang her to come pick me up, I was grand I thought.
    She pulled up at the gate of the house and I started to walk towards the car, but for some reason I could only move to my left, I kept going in to the lawn, I ended up having to walk sideways to the car, one of my friends has a video of it, I get it thrown at me once in a while.
    I'm heading shopping with Mrs shortly, horrible mizzly wet morning here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

What a great day it is :) I'm off to the hairdressers now for some pampering :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Bedside. I have a pair of door banging neighbours and they have been banging their front door for nearly 30 minutes. On a Saturday morning. What kind of people do that!!!???

Anyway, feeling fresh! No where to be. In good form for the most part. I may stay in the nest another while I think :)

@Leg, your post on sex Ed was hilarious... wondering about the trousers!?? Amazing hahahaha

Re. Sex education in schools. An older friend (early 40s) once said "its a pity they didnt teach us to put on a condom in school" as apparently he had some issues there. I thought they did? I've heard a banana was used for demonstration purposes? Maybe not in every school or maybe not in his day?

Am I going too off track here? Lol sorry

Homeside wondering if customised medical masks might be a money spinner :D

Widders, the banana and condom came (sniggers) much later I think.

I going to check my dishwasher, if necessary I'll just load it with clean things. NewRed2 shouldn't be the only one having fun.

Enjoy the bjs Duvet and Auto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

My child had 2 friends friends stay for a sleepover last night ...pizza sad chickflicks, tears....and that was just me!!
    Taking them into town now for clothes shopping and lunch #prayforerik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the spirit of the day that's in it (being Saturday!) , doors all scrubbed and windows all cleaned , sparkling .
    Am not awaiting the rain to fall , this is what usually happens when I clean windows :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In the spirit of the day that's in it (being Saturday!) , doors all scrubbed and windows all cleaned , sparkling .
    Am not awaiting the rain to fall , this is what usually happens when I clean windows :pac:

Would that be a regular Saturday?

I was feeling a bit virtuous that I ran the hoover over the living room, thanks mam :)

I might as well get up now. My friend is cooking me dinner later and there will be wine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Would that be a regular Saturday?

I was feeling a bit virtuous that I ran the hoover over the living room, thanks mam :)

No , I don't do the windows every Saturday PC !
    Different days , different things done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    No , I don't do the windows every Saturday PC !
    Different days , different things done :)

But they are washed more than once a year at Christmas.

I really need to adult up :D... Next year :)

• Advertisement

Up again, on the road today, praying to red bull and monster for assistance at this trying time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement