Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is a thread about the 2020 Six Nations, formerly the Five Nations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Yeah - seems like Russell and Townsend maybe don't work well together...?

Also there was the whole fall out with Russell's father and the SRFU last year.

Looking at Russell's stats for Scotland. No doubt he is a great player but he's only averaging 3 points per game for Scotland. Sexton avg 9 points per game. Maybe Russells is offset by Laidlaw kick sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's chat around Scottish Rugby there's a few concerns regarding him.
    I've heard it from two different unconnected folk.

Bazzo wrote: »
    For real though can we fix the title

I don't even understand it. Is it supposed to be a star wars reference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

I don't even understand it. Is it supposed to be a star wars reference

maybe a play on a Soda Farrell and Star Wars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

razorblunt wrote: »
    There's chat around Scottish Rugby there's a few concerns regarding him.
    I've heard it from two different unconnected folk.

What kind of concerns? Physical? Mental?

• Advertisement

From reading a variety of media and social media there is a suggestion that it wasn't a fallout with Townsend that precipitated this departure but a fallout with the senior playing group.

There is also a suggestion that he is a bit of a piece of work and has fairly serious notions about himself.

He's only ruled out of the opening game. He may be back for the remainder of the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

so I came into this thread to see the reason and so far there's about 6 different ones

I heard all of Scotland are out for the first round because it was Finn Russell's ball

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

I heard W P Nel went into a restaurant and he ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

Ok so all you experts it appears it was because he left camp without permission, imagine if we had that rule back when Paul McGrath was a habitual escapee

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Russell is finnished.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Exclusive footage of Finn Russell leaving the Scotland team hotel https://t.co/4Uh7jmK4ZK

God that made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

prawnsambo wrote: »

I heard it was 7up and he drank 6,000 litres of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Russell is finnished.

Thank you.

He's moved to Helsinki? Who'd have thought it........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

From reading a variety of media and social media there is a suggestion that it wasn't a fallout with Townsend that precipitated this departure but a fallout with the senior playing group.

There is also a suggestion that he is a bit of a piece of work and has fairly serious notions about himself.

He's only ruled out of the opening game. He may be back for the remainder of the tournament.

Seems to be a bit of a Scottish thing... Getting ahead of yourself.. these same boys were heading off to the WC to win it..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Glad the six nations is back around. This competition and the time of year give me a nice warm fuzzy feeling.. probably deeply rooted in nostalgia.

The exact opposite feeling I have for the RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

lawred2 wrote: »
    Seems to be a bit of a Scottish thing... Getting ahead of yourself.. these same boys were heading off to the WC to win it..

Not the only nation, in general, that that can be said for, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Who'd start at 10 for Scotland

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Who'd start at 10 for Scotland

Hastings

hp6pm77r9lc41.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Missed a trick by not photoshopping two bottles of XXXX into those hands

He's a bit loose on the booze in general apparently, especially as he's a bit "out of sight, out of mind" over in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

razorblunt wrote: »
    He's a bit loose on the booze in general apparently, especially as he's a bit "out of sight, out of mind" over in Paris.

I would imagine he’s not missing training sessions though, he’d be in the sh1t quick enough if that was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

stephen_n wrote: »
    I would imagine he’s not missing training sessions though, he’d be in the sh1t quick enough if that was happening.

Yeah, considering how Racing dealt with Nakarawa I can't see them letting someone missing training slide either.

Yeah fair point but an interesting observation made by his fellow pros none the less.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Missed a trick by not photoshopping two bottles of XXXX into those hands

500923.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Zzippy wrote: »
    500923.jpg

So much more appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Advertisement