Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is a thread about the 2020 Six Nations, formerly the Five Nations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This is what you get when you select a lock to play blindside flanker and a smallish openside at 8.

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/status/1224089732336037888?s=19

Russell didn't return to Scotland camp for this week's training. No chance he's playing at all this Six Nations. Probably won't play for Townsend again either.

https://twitter.com/ScotsmanSport/status/1224315448369479681?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Clegg wrote: »
    Russell didn't return to Scotland camp for this week's training. No chance he's playing at all this Six Nations. Probably won't play for Townsend again either.

Probably for the best, Hastings went quite well on Saturday all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Clegg wrote: »

Great unseen work by Simon Zebo. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Probably for the best, Hastings went quite well on Saturday all things considered.

I'm a fan of Hastings. I think he has real class and will get much better with all this exposure.

Russell is obviously a quality player but sometimes you need a bit of restraint in the 10 position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Now they have absolutely no back up though..

AdamD wrote: »
    Now they have absolutely no back up though..

Duncan Weir was called up after Russell was dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

England team named.

Furbank; May, Joseph, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Heinz; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Kruis, Itoje, Ludlam, Underhill, Curry

Replacements: Dunn, Genge, Stuart, Launchbury, Lawes, Earl, Youngs, Devoto

6/2 bench split

LCD's partner in labour, no idea what happened to Marler?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,831 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

a bit tough on Ewels... but itoje / kruis with launchbury backup is probably englands best lock combo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

WALES TEAM TO PLAY IRELAND (Saturday February 8 KO 14.15 ITV & S4C)

15. Leigh Halfpenny (86 Caps)
    14. George North (92 Caps)
    13. Nick Tompkins (1 Cap)
    12. Hadleigh Parkes (26 Caps)
    11. Josh Adams (22 Caps)
    10. Dan Biggar (80 Caps)
    9. Tomos Williams (17 Caps)
    1. Wyn Jones (23 Caps)
    2. Ken Owens (74 Caps)
    3. Dillon Lewis (23 Caps)
    4. Jake Ball (43 Caps)
    5. Alun Wyn Jones (C) (135 Caps)
    6. Aaron Wainwright (19 Caps)
    7. Justin Tipuric (73 Caps)
    8. Taulupe Faletau (73 Caps)

Replacements:
    16. Ryan Elias (10 Caps)
    17. Rhys Carre (6 Caps)
    18. Leon Brown (7 Caps)
    19. Adam Beard (20 Caps)
    20. Ross Moriarty (42 Caps)
    21. Gareth Davies (51 Caps)
    22. Owen Williams (3 Caps)
    23. Johnny McNicholl (1 Cap)​

• Advertisement

I've a real mental block about Wales. I think it comes from their club performances but I look at that 23 and I don't see many players who would make an Irish 23.

Ken Owens, Wyn Jone, faletau from the pack.

North in the backs, Biggar into the 22 jersey.

And yet we always struggle against them. Gatland was a great coach, Pivac looks to have the calibre but needs to show it at National team level.

I've no idea what to expect from Saturday. I've a narrow Irish win but anything could happen from either team trashing the other to a narrow win for either.

North in the backs, Biggar into the 22 jersey.

Josh Adams before North, hes a shadow of what he once was, and has lost some pace.

both welsh SHs would be challenging ours too, and either could make an argument for starting in green.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Finding it s really difficult one to call; 16/1 on the draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Scotland named.

Murrayfield Stadium

15. Stuart Hogg CAPTAIN (Exeter Chiefs) – 73 caps

14. Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 45 caps
    13. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 24 caps
    12. Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) – 10 caps
    11. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh) – 18 caps

10. Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps
    9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 29 caps

1. Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh) – 4 caps
    2. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 47 caps
    3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 26 caps
    4. Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors) – 9 caps
    5. Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 56 caps
    6. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
    7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh) – 29 caps
    8. Magnus Bradbury (Edinburgh) – 11 caps

Substitutes:
    16. Stuart McInally (Edinburgh) – 34 caps
    17. Allan Dell (London Irish) – 29 caps
    18. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh) – 24 caps
    19. Ben Toolis (Edinburgh) – 23 caps
    20. Nick Haining (Edinburgh) – 1 cap
    21. George Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 11 caps
    22. Rory Hutchinson (Northampton Saints) – 4 caps
    23. Chris Harris (Gloucester) – 15 caps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whens the French team announced?

Whens the French team announced?

when they sober up .....

bERHGMg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

qcGWeqZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

bERHGMg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

2 saffa locks...Must be something in the water down there to make so many good big men.

hahashake wrote: »
    2 saffa locks...Must be something in the water down there to make so many good big men.

did you see the size of leRoux roets this morning???

good jesus he must have pushed more drugs than harold shipman !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Speaking of Saffas, the Mail is claiming they'll all be here this time a few years away
    [url]

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That would be the end of Australian rugby almost certainly. And possibly New Zealand too. SA are the ones bringing in the big money in SH rugby. Without them I dont know how the others would survive. I cant see it being allowed by WR tbh. It would be incredibly bad for the game as a whole.

Daily mail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jesus, the size of Rob Wainwright now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Scotland looked better against ireland than Wales did today. I think if Scotland are up for this game and cut out the mistakes then they will win.

Big moment for Stuart Hogg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Now to watch Itoje be constantly told to stop doing things by the ref but somehow getting away with it all

Now to watch Itoje be constantly told to stop doing things by the ref but somehow getting away with it all

Neck roll on Brown, nothing said, nothing given.

I read Finn Russell's piece in the Times and I have to say I think any future Scottish coach would be well within their rights to rule him persona non grata and leave him out.

If a player and coach disagree, the final call is the coaches - end of discussion. Russell strikes me as incredibly entitled and far too self important. Townsend no doubt has his failings but that's not a justification and Finn's childishness on social media leaves me in little doubt as to who is the more guilty party in all this.

Scotland are also playing a lot better without him. They did enough to beat us and stood up well in an arm wrestle against England.

"The current set-up and environment, I don't think I want to play in that, I don't think it's good for me as a person or a player. I've felt like this for more than a year.

"I'd love to play for Scotland again because I love playing for my country. But until I see or feel the big changes that I need to get back playing my best, it's going to be very hard for me to do it."

I think that quote sums up everything about Russell and his ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

"The current set-up and environment, I don't think I want to play in that, I don't think it's good for me as a person or a player. I've felt like this for more than a year.

"I'd love to play for Scotland again because I love playing for my country. But until I see or feel the big changes that I need to get back playing my best, it's going to be very hard for me to do it."

He seems well placed in Racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Is he one part Roy Keane, one part Simon Zebo!? :D

If team rules say only two drinks them you only have two drinks. It's not hard. Russell is disrespect ling his own teammates and setting himself above them but flouting the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

The RFU having to deny newspaper reports that Rassie Erasmus is being lined up to replace Eddie as England boss
    Rassie was present at the game yesterday and some of the saffer press have gotten wind of something they think

The size of Joe Worsley’s head!

Strange last two posts by me I concur.

I read Finn Russell's piece in the Times and I have to say I think any future Scottish coach would be well within their rights to rule him persona non grata and leave him out.

If a player and coach disagree, the final call is the coaches - end of discussion. Russell strikes me as incredibly entitled and far too self important. Townsend no doubt has his failings but that's not a justification and Finn's childishness on social media leaves me in little doubt as to who is the more guilty party in all this.

Scotland are also playing a lot better without him. They did enough to beat us and stood up well in an arm wrestle against England.

A nothing article, half a paragraph about the missed training session. Hardly cutting edge from Mark Palmer who wrote it. Russell doesn’t come across well at all in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

France look to be in the mood. If they stay in the mood for 80 minutes they could rack up 40+ points here.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Could be bleak for Italy here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Dupont is a joy to watch. Right on top of his game. Add in a top 8 and a pretty decent 10. If they beat Wales in Cardiff I reckon they do the slam.

Italian scrum half wants the ball on a plate. Needs to get in there and get it.

Im late for this one but Tommy “bloody” Allen.

Thought Olivon dropped that in the ruck under the posts.

• Advertisement

It's sad to see the progress Italy were making over the last couple of years almost completely disappear.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Dupont is a joy to watch. Right on top of his game. Add in a top 8 and a pretty decent 10. If they beat Wales in Cardiff I reckon they do the slam.

Agree.

I've thought for a while that their dominance of the last few U20 WCs is bound to come to the fore at some point.

Plus they have Edwards to add a bit of structure.

I think they are the NH team to watch over the next 4 years.

It's sad to see the progress Italy were making over the last couple of years almost completely disappear.

They are getting worse, although ironically Benetton and Zebre are getting better.

They seem to have a decent crop of U20s this year which is a good thing, but they need a lot more than one "decent" year

Edit - good try by Italy!!

Nice one Minozzi.
    Thomas’ defence again.

They’re not Mexican Waving now.

Minozzi scoring.

You love to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

bilston wrote: »
    They are getting worse, although ironically Benetton and Zebre are getting better.

They seem to have a decent crop of U20s this year which is a good thing, but they need a lot more than one "decent" year

Edit - good try by Italy!!

I’ve never really rated Le Roux but his tackling and and ruck work this tournament so far has been very good.

bilston wrote: »

They've been strong at U20 level for a few seasons now. I guess like France that will eventually seep through to the senior team.

Subpopulus wrote: »
    They've been strong at U20 level for a few seasons now. I guess like France that will eventually seep through to the senior team.

Hopefully.

They are showing a bit of character here anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

France should have touched that down, its from a kick off so would be a scrum on half way
    Young lads not reading the law book.

• Advertisement

What a pass by Dupont

Advertisement