Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

So I reset the clock last time I filled, maybe cost 50 quid for full fill, currently at 580 miles (930km) and I still have according to computer 170km left of petrol....not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So I reset the clock last time I filled, maybe cost 50 quid for full fill, currently at 580 miles (930km) and I still have according to computer 170km left of petrol....not too shabby

Did you get rid of the eGolf?!!

peposhi wrote: »
    Did you get rid of the eGolf?!!

No I have both, eGolf and outlander.....misses has the eGolf the last few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Would you be using the electric only much? They seem like very good numbers. I see a lot complaning that when it's in petrol mode it's a guzzler but surely if you are still getting the bones of 1,000-1,100 for €50 quid that's excellent value.

I've currently a 1.2 3008 and for €60 you get about 550-600km.

Looking down the line at an Outlander and as our second car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I use YNAB for my budgeting so have a good idea on my petrol spending.

In December I spent €113. But I had a few not normal petrol trips. One 150km trip to the kids xmas party and another 200km to visit my parents that did use a lot.

In Jan I only spent €49. All I really did was drive to work and one or two drives on a sunday to try and kill time and get the baby to sleep.

The watchdog says I went from 124890-129189 did around 4299 km.

€162 for over 4000km is great, especially when you consider it is winter and you get less range and have the heating on some days.

General word of warning around using the pre-heating. It is killing my battery. I dropped from 80% to 74% over the last 4000km. Before that I was losing around 1% per 5K. It must be that it heats, uses battery and charges up in a short time frame as it is plugged in.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Would you be using the electric only much? They seem like very good numbers. I see a lot complaning that when it's in petrol mode it's a guzzler but surely if you are still getting the bones of 1,000-1,100 for €50 quid that's excellent value.

I've currently a 1.2 3008 and for €60 you get about 550-600km.

Looking down the line at an Outlander and as our second car.

I use the electric a lot.

To be honest I don't see it as a huge guzzler. The petrol tank is small on it so you will struggle to get the same KM per tank as a non PHEV but then again you ain't putting as much in. I posted a good bit back a trip to Mayo and I got 7ltr/100km which I was impressed with myself, I thought it would be worse

Most days now I will get into work on electric, then I will end up running in hybrid mode on way home, no charger in work yet. Then 3 days a week I work from other office so can do whole day on electric.

I would expect to get at least another 200 miles with the petrol left in tank ;)

Like all cars you need to buy what suits your requirements, if you are on the motorway all day/every day then I wouldnot be buying a Outlander. But most of my stuff is short runs, traffic etc so it is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Like all cars you need to buy what suits your requirements, if you are on the motorway all day/every day then I wouldnot be buying a Outlander. But most of my stuff is short runs, traffic etc so it is perfect.

Down with that sort of stuff.... PHEV's are the devil incarnate! ;)

KCross wrote: »
    Down with that sort of stuff.... PHEV's are the devil incarnate! ;)

My wife has kidnapped the eGolf. I tried to get it off her the other day and no chance. So I'm left with the Outlander.

To be honest I do enjoy the height but I think next week I might hide the keys of the eGolf and let her back into the Outlander. I love bombing around town in it :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Jofspring wrote: »

Posted examples recently of the Outlander with regard to fuel consumption in two different scenarios.
    Post here.

PHEV's benefits, as said, are entirely down to usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I reckon it'll be ideal for me. 30km round trip to work Mon-Fri. Short distance trips at the weekend. I'd be lucky to average one long distance trip a month over the course of a year I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Hi all,

I've a 151 with 48k miles about to come out of warranty in March. I'm sending it in for a service and just wanted to know if there is anything I should ask to be checked before the warranty expires?

I had the brake caliper recall done last year.

Also has anyone had issues with squeaking noises going over speed bumps from shock absorbers?

Thanks in advance.

Sparrowcar.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've a 151 with 48k miles about to come out of warranty in March. I'm sending it in for a service and just wanted to know if there is anything I should ask to be checked before the warranty expires?

I had the brake caliper recall done last year.

Also has anyone had issues with squeaking noises going over speed bumps from shock absorbers?

Thanks in advance.

Sparrowcar.

wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭wally79

ggggggggggggggg

Tire pressure monitors.....in my 151 it went soon after warranty was over.

In my new one they are dodgy as well.

Yeah I had the sweaks in my 151, when I asked on the eGolf forum a number of people said the same. When they checked with VW seemingly this is the way they are on all Golf's, except with the eGolf you can hear because of no engine noise :-)

You can hear your e golf squeaking when your outlander goes over a speed bump. Wow

wally79 wrote: »
    You can hear your e golf squeaking when your outlander goes over a speed bump. Wow

Hahaha....opp's wrong thread :p:p:p:p

Hahaha....opp's wrong thread :p:p:p:p

No harm done :)

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Probably the suspension arm bushings more than the shocks.

They have a tendency to dry out and squeak in the cold (not just the Outlander).

Don't think they'd change them under warranty, and I probably wouldn't pay main dealer prices for changing them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Are there any issue with warranty transfer from a UK purchase to over here. Looking to pick one up in the Uk next month ideally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Are there any issue with warranty transfer from a UK purchase to over here. Looking to pick one up in the Uk next month ideally.

No issues at all, it's a pan European warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Butson

Hi all,

My Outlander PHEV is due its first service
    Do you need to to go a dealer, or can your local mechanic service a Hybrid?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Looking into getting a new one of these, any opinions from anyone who owns one? I do about 50km a day in traffic mostly and need the space as have 3 kids.

Butson wrote: »
    Hi all,

My Outlander PHEV is due its first service
    Do you need to to go a dealer, or can your local mechanic service a Hybrid?

thanks

If its still under warranty you'll need to go the dealer - if not then yes, call your local dealer; a lot of them can service PHEVs

Looking into getting a new one of these, any opinions from anyone who owns one? I do about 50km a day in traffic mostly and need the space as have 3 kids.

fair play if you can afford one new :)
    if you have the ability to charge at home or work you'll manage a fair chunk (but not all) of your 50km daily drive. I've not had mine that long but this of the year I'm getting 33-35km on a charge. I expect it will be closer to 40 (or more) in the summer

as for space - I've only 2 kids (both in car seats) and there's loads of room for 2. I'd say you can fit 3 car seats in the back but haven't tried.

very happy with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

fair play if you can afford one new :)
    if you have the ability to charge at home or work you'll manage a fair chunk (but not all) of your 50km daily drive. I've not had mine that long but this of the year I'm getting 33-35km on a charge. I expect it will be closer to 40 (or more) in the summer

as for space - I've only 2 kids (both in car seats) and there's loads of room for 2. I'd say you can fit 3 car seats in the back but haven't tried.

very happy with mine

who said i could afford it :pac::pac:

Thanks the kids are out of boosters so that is good. hard to find 1 or 2 year old ones which is a good sign i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Today I done 50 km, used 1.4 liters of petrol, my phone died so I cannot give the figures for the return 50 km.

If your getting a newish car, then try to get the 14 kw version an extra 2 kw should help you get your daily commute in EV mode.

FYI

Got a 50k miles service done in Nearys Lusk.
    €225 with a few minor bits requiring replacement (filters etc).

Out on my own from March onwards to hopefully no major issues pop up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

FYI

Got a 50k miles service done in Nearys Lusk.
    €225 with a few minor bits requiring replacement (filters etc).

Out on my own from March onwards to hopefully no major issues pop up.
    What does it include I am due to get a service in the next couple of months and it looks like it needs to get the software updated as well.

What does it include I am due to get a service in the next couple of months and it looks like it needs to get the software updated as well.

Exactly that, a software update and usual filters and oil. Clean bill of health.

Exactly that, a software update and usual filters and oil. Clean bill of health.

Nice one cheers, I'll have to look at booking it soon

Does the software update make the phone system any better?

Maybe it is just me but when you are on a call it doesn't show up the number of who you are on phone to? just a blank screen. Imported my contacts to system etc but still nothing. I dont think even when ringing it shows up.....annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

im liking the look of this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

phill106 wrote: »

I paid €29k for a 2016 GX5Hs in Nov 2018 with 12000 miles. I recon that is right on the money at €24k. Worth it for the napa leather and the safety kit IMHO. If buying from the U.K. you might negotiate on the price as they won’t have to stand over the warranty.

I couldn’t do that leather

kanuseeme wrote: »
    Vrt on the white around 2735 euro

Vrt on my choice 1907 euro.

If you spend another 3300 pounds on this https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002117205990?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&postcode=cv92pz&maximum-badge-engine-size=2.6&fuel-type=Hybrid%20%E2%80%93%20Petrol%2FElectric%20Plug-in&minimum-badge-engine-size=2.2&radius=1500&make=MITSUBISHI&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&page=1
    you will get an extra 2 kw in battery size.

it would be a 182 reg but not an "S" and also it has not got those flamboyant leather seats.

Good luck

S is the safety kit - auto brake if, radar cruise and all that jazz. Personally I’d rather have the 2.0 with all the kit unless my commute was over 30km.

You explained the S to me before thanks.

For only 3113 euro more its a 1.5 year old with a slightly bigger battery compared to a 3 year old with 18000 more miles with safety kit and red leather interior, of which I am not a fan of.

the 2.4 liter does seem to have a blind spot warning, which I could find useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

I cant find online what the difference is between the 2020 model & 2019 (MY2020 vs MY2019) - are these differences listed anywhere ?

stimpson wrote: »
    I paid €29k for a 2016 GX5Hs in Nov 2018 with 12000 miles. I recon that is right on the money at €24k. Worth it for the napa leather and the safety kit IMHO. If buying from the U.K. you might negotiate on the price as they won’t have to stand over the warranty.

Im a gadget guy, i love all the little extras it has, like those safety features you mentioned. And i actually like the red leather, inside of most outlanders seems quite dark :)
    Did you buy yours in the uk too?

Im a gadget guy, i love all the little extras it has, like those safety features you mentioned. And i actually like the red leather, inside of most outlanders seems quite dark :)

I bought mine from an Irish non Mitsu dealer. It was an ex Mitsubishi U.K. car. It was used as a long term review car for one of the larger car websites.

The napa isn’t as dark as the standard leather on the GX4H.

This is a long shot, I cant find the lock nut on outlander, would anyone have the same as in the pic?

Checking with garage as not sure if Iever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

If you are after gadgets, forget the Outlander.
    The interface is very spartan,designed by like a junior student.
    Phone system,non existent.
    Audio,primitive.

I have most of the time the clock running on the main screen to see it functional.

• Advertisement

rolion wrote: »
    If you are after gadgets, forget the Outlander.
    The interface is very spartan,designed by like a junior student.
    Phone system,non existent.
    Audio,primitive.

I have most of the time the clock running on the main screen to see it functional.

have 3 boys,13 10 and 7, i need the room :(
    I like the phev watchdog and the info from the headunit about energy usage etc.
    Dual charging points in the back seat on the 5hs along with the cruise controls and ldw sound fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Has anyone had to replace the central console computer? This is the one with the rear view camera, radio, bluetooth, battery monitors etc.
    Ours keeled over, (during a service, oddly) main dealer has quoted us 700 to do a repair, or 2500 euro for a replacement unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

pwurple wrote: »
    Has anyone had to replace the central console computer? This is the one with the rear view camera, radio, bluetooth, battery monitors etc.
    Ours keeled over, (during a service, oddly) main dealer has quoted us 700 to do a repair, or 2500 euro for a replacement unit.

Maybe the mechanic made a boo boo and blew it somehow?

pwurple wrote: »

I would be very supicous of that. Does sound like something blew, and if it was in the care of a qualified mechanic at the time, wouldnt it be on them to fix?
    How old is the car?

If it's in warranty I'd be looking for them to fix it for free. If not then there is no way I'd be paying €700 for the awful Mitsubishi MMC. (assuming it'#s not the later android/carplay one?)

If I had to pay for it, i'd be looking at a decent aftermarket Android/Carplay unit. Kenwood or similar.

This is a long shot, I cant find the lock nut on outlander, would anyone have the same as in the pic?

Checking with garage as not sure if Iever seen

No, sorry.

Mine is in a small yellow cloth bag.

kanuseeme wrote: »
    No, sorry.

Mine is in a small yellow cloth bag.

Where in the car? I have looked everywhere but could be stupid

Where in the car? I have looked everywhere but could be stupid

Mine is down where the compressor for inflating the tyres in the boot

Mine is down where the compressor for inflating the tyres in the boot

Thanks, checked all that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

stimpson wrote: »
    If it's in warranty I'd be looking for them to fix it for free. If not then there is no way I'd be paying €700 for the awful Mitsubishi MMC. (assuming it'#s not the later android/carplay one?)

If I had to pay for it, i'd be looking at a decent aftermarket Android/Carplay unit. Kenwood or similar.

It's not in warranty, Its an import, 2014.

Yes, would consider an aftermarket one, but which supports the battery readouts, mapping and camera functionality?

Advertisement