Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Plague Tale: Innocence (PC, PS4, XB1)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Bought it SH, played it, sold it. I have no idea why it is so highly rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

cnocbui wrote: »

Did you make it through to the end? I was similarly curious for about 6 chapters as to why it was recieving such high praise. I've found the mechanics diversified enough from there on to keep me interested though and I've ended up really enjoying the back half of the game. I should point out that I am playing it on game pass though, so not having to shell out specifically for it has perhaps made me more forgiving than I would be otherwise.

I defintely still think it was hugely overrated by some outlets that reviewed it last year, I wouldn't have had it near any game of the year conversations personally, but found it solid enough in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

goon_magee wrote: »
    Did you make it through to the end? I was similarly curious for about 6 chapters as to why it was recieving such high praise. I've found the mechanics diversified enough from there on to keep me interested though and I've ended up really enjoying the back half of the game. I should point out that I am playing it on game pass though, so not having to shell out specifically for it has perhaps made me more forgiving than I would be otherwise.

I defintely still think it was hugely overrated by some outlets that reviewed it last year, I wouldn't have had it near any game of the year conversations personally, but found it solid enough in the end.

Yeah, I played it through to the end on max difficulty. I just found it incredibly lacking in depth, complexity or interest. It's about 1/20th of a Witcher 3; it's not even close to a Dishonored title. I think I'd rank Thief ahead of it.

Yeah, I played it through to the end on max difficulty. I just found it incredibly lacking in depth, complexity or interest. It's about 1/20th of a Witcher 3; it's not even close to a Dishonored title. I think I'd rank Thief ahead of it.

Yeah it definitely is lacking in depth so I can appreciate that view, and what mechanics are there are incredibly basic. I think perhaps shaving a couple of the rat puzzles of here and there to streamline and shorten the experience a bit more might have helped, less time to become worn down by repetitive mechanics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

SH?

• Advertisement

SH?

Second hand maybe?

Finished.

Really glad I stuck with it after very nearly calling it quits around chapter 6. Enjoyed the story and thought the majority of the characters were really well written/acted. I would have liked some more depth to the gameplay, but as said earlier I think they varied it just enough in the back half to keep things interesting.

A solid 7 out of 10 for me, maybe would have been an 8 had they shaved a couple of chapters off, as the pacing felt off in a couple of parts and I think that could have been helped if the game was an hour or two shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Finished it there also. Was really looking forward to this one after the reviews and it's a nice enough game but not as great as it's been hyped to be. It's a huge achievement I'm sure for a indie studio to make such an impressive looking game, and its definitely up there with most AAA titles looks wise but the gameplay I found very frustrating at times. Just thought there was a huge trail and error aspect to some sections and a hell of a lot of cheap deaths (at least for me there was). Had a pain in my thumb from switching ammo types quickly in some sections which was relied on too much I think as a means of introducing difficulty.
    Overall I'm glad I played it and would probably give it a 7.5 out of 10 just to be awkward.

Just coming to the end of this now. Exactly the type of relatively linear, engaging and atmospheric story that I like. Actually enjoying it rather than enduring it (hello RDR2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Damn, I been meaning to get back to this game and can't remember what chapter I'm on, but I'm sure it's close to 14, now I'm dreading it lol

• Advertisement

Damn, I been meaning to get back to this game and can't remember what chapter I'm on, but I'm sure it's close to 14, now I'm dreading it lol

I got through chapter 14 grand, actually enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I got through chapter 14 grand, actually enjoyed it.

Good to know, I was getting right into the game but then I started playing the Witcher 3 and Plague got side lined. Have since finished TW3 [bar the DLC] so must get back to this.

Advertisement