Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-antagonistic way to get dog from neighbour??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yes I know that but regardless, if the ISPCA rock up, its gonna be pretty obvious who called them so until the OP got a good response from the son, it wasnt looking like there was a viable alternative.

Happily enough its all sorted and everyone seems happy

I have tried this both ways with similar situations. In rural areas the diplomatic patient way is always more conducive to peaceful living. Learned that the very hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭selfbuildache

DBB wrote: »
    A guarded well done op, guarded until the dog is gone and out of reach :)
    That was super work on your behalf, aided by your son and dog!
    Just a word of advice, from experience of having run a rescue for quite a few years now... get him out of there sooner rather than later, before she changes her mind or something else happens that takes the dog out of your hands... once she has voluntarily relinquished the dog, she has no legal claim to him any more. To add to this, get him chipped and licensed to your name (if the rescue take him, they'll do it... but again, needs to happen sooner rather than later. I am assuming that he's neither chipped nor licensed though!)
    Well done again! Great work :)

I hear ya. I thought about not posting at all until the dog was out but couldn't resist 'telling', seeing as nothing would have happened except I came on here.
    The earliest the rescue can take him is 2 days, hence the wait. Had hoped to call over today but weather too bad. Will call again tomorrow for another walk and to keep contact. Plus he's good for my old dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭selfbuildache

Yes I know that but regardless, if the ISPCA rock up, its gonna be pretty obvious who called them

The rescue will give me a ring and I'll go and get the dog. There's no way they'd hand the dog to an official looking crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The rescue will give me a ring and I'll go and get the dog. There's no way they'd hand the dog to an official looking crowd!

All very good and strong and RIGHT! THANK YOU! Lucky dog to have you on his side.

Advertisement