Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Questions that are Stupid

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Why is the cuckoos nest the bin of After Hours?

Why am I so itchy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

The cuckoos nest is not really a forum it was sort of an experimental dumping ground
    sort of like burying the toxic waste out in the boonies where years later things seep out and cause strange mutations. That is the real reason there are no thanks allowed.
    Ah, and that probably is the explanation for your itchiness. You don't have any little itchy nubs might be turning into an extra limb do you? I'd keep an eye open for any changes - you know scaly patches of fish skin or maybe a set of gills opening beneath your arms?

Do you spend a lot of time in the nest?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

a fair amount

put this on

banana%20boat.jpg

http://www.reallifedeals.com/?p=3904

I will but it may be too late for some of us. It would explain that one around here that yells so much. You know the tentacled one. I think AH toxic dumps have taken their toll on him poor thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Balfie wrote: »
    If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?
    A new monk arrived at the monastery. He was assigned to help the other monks in copying the old texts by hand. He noticed, however, that they were copying copies, not the original books. The new monk went to the head monk to ask him about this. He pointed out that if there were an error in the first copy, that error would be continued in all of the other copies.

The head monk said, 'We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son.' The head monk went down into the cellar with one of the copies to check it against the original.

Hours later, nobody had seen him, so one of the monks went downstairs to look for him. He heard a sobbing coming from the back of the cellar and found the old monk leaning over one of the original books, crying.

He asked what was wrong.

'The word is celebrate', sobbed the head monk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Balfie wrote: »
    If two identical twin brothers married identical twin sisters, would there kids be identical?
    if you ignore mutations and crossing over then the chances are 8,388,608 to 1
    (because we have 23 chromosome pairs)

Of course the odds go down if they have more than one kid each

'The word is celebrate', sobbed the head monk.

Poor old thing all those years wasted.

Are we just characters in someone elses dream? And if so whose dreaming up this stuff?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Deki wrote: »
    Are we just characters in someone elses dream? And if so whose dreaming up this stuff?:(

It's my dream. I can control my dreams. What would you like to happen next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It's my dream. I can control my dreams. What would you like to happen next?

OH kevin you know what a filthy mind I have:p

hondasam wrote: »
    OH kevin you know what a filthy mind I have:p

You're already in there. You won't believe what happens next for you. You wouldn't believe some of the things that have already happened!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

You're already in there. You won't believe what happens next for you. You wouldn't believe some of the things that have already happened!

I would believe it :p

hondasam wrote: »
    I would believe it :p

You even drew a picture of part of it there........

Just stay asleep is all I'm asking at least a while longer. I'd hate for my life to be over because you had to make a bathroom trip in the middle of the night...

what would a chair look like if your knees bent the other way?

thighs bend forward
    knees bend forward
    ankle bend forward
    spiral legs doesn't walk
    it rolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Just answer the damn question.

Deki wrote: »
    Poor old thing all those years wasted.

IIRC it's recursive

but the fact that there are things you don't know shows that there is more to then universe than your consciousness.

Though in your case it may actually be a hamster pulling the strings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

If our knees bent the other way we could stand on our knees and drag the rest of the leg behind us as we walk up and down temple bar like a freakshow using our disability to extort money from gullible tourists

what would a chair look like if your knees bent the other way?

Man-in-a-Hamster-Wheel--56018.jpg

http://www.freakingnews.com/Man-in-a-Hamster-Wheel-Pictures-64179.asp

IIRC it's recursive

but the fact that there are things you don't know shows that there is more to then universe than your consciousness.

Though in your case it may actually be a hamster pulling the strings.

I was never under the misapprehension that I was the dreamer (I would not have this dream if someone paid me):o

Are you claiming to be a string pulling hamster?:mad:

Advertisement