Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

wally1990 wrote: »
    Woke at 8 30

Spent the day so far having 2 small naps for a total of an hour and half,

Reading my kindle

Did a small bit of work for 45 minutes, tut tut on a day off but who cares.

Watched Ozark for 2 hours

Now back to kindle,

Should prob get out of the house, maybe bring the dogs for a walk

That's what the bank holiday is for friend :)

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Jaysus Grem, a massive proper sleep is called for alright.

Can't imagine you were able to rest at all. Have a wonderful evening

Weather was nice here today. Got a lovely long walk in and home just before it got dark. There was a little robin following us along on our walk and landing beside us when we stopped for photos. So totally cute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Crocheting a blanket for mini Widdershins due in 2021. Life is good. Listening to “Right here waiting for you “ by Richard Marks.

Crocheting a blanket for mini Widdershins due in 2021. Life is good. Listening to “Right here waiting for you “ by Richard Marks.

Didn't you just have a baby Widders? You will be busy :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Weather was nice here today. Got a lovely long walk in and home just before it got dark. There was a little robin following us along on our walk and landing beside us when we stopped for photos. So totally cute!!!

Ooh Robin pics?.

Apart from a couple of heavy short showers the weather here today was gorgeous .I love this time of the year. Went for a fabulous walk ,got a takeaway coffee and a biscuit cake and ate it sitting on a wall in the sunshine. Work tomorrow but at least it's a short week and the mornings a bright again. Couchside now watching Reeling in the years, with all that is going on with Covid and the awful tragedy today I'm counting my blessings tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Text in this morning. Ms Gs test result is negative.:)

Best news ever G , delighted! !

Ooh Robin pics?.

I was nervous taking them in case I frightened him away so they're not very good but look how he's not bothered by Khali. Robins are always ballsy little fellas.

530732.jpeg

530733.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Best news ever G , delighted! !

Cheers Mam! That St Fintan's place is scary enough without our reason for going there. Glad it was a quick test and result as I'm delighted she can enjoy her mid term break. I'm wrecked after all the worry and lack of sleep. I thought I'd be buzzing today after the result, but I am slamming to the ground as the day goes on.

• Advertisement

Robins tend to be curious little things, they come very close to us humans.
    I enjoyed a similar walk to yours, Buile and Duvet. I went to a local forest trail. We're really lucky with the mild weather.
    If this keeps up it'll make lockdown easier if we're able to get outside in nature.
    Congrats Widdershins on your baby news!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,472 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Great news G and 4Ad!

I might join you having a beer, G. It's important to celebrate with others. :p

Great news G and 4Ad!

Are you still working from home leggings? You can't be drinking in the office :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Didn't you just have a baby Widders? You will be busy :)

Number 1, born this summer, yes. Is there a minimum time you have to wait by law?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,472 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Are you still working from home leggings? You can't be drinking in the office :p

I am, but I'm only drinking on a Monday because it's a bank holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cheers Mam! That St Fintan's place is scary enough without our reason for going there. Glad it was a quick test and result as I'm delighted she can enjoy her mid term break. I'm wrecked after all the worry and lack of sleep. I thought I'd be buzzing today after the result, but I am slamming to the ground as the day goes on.

It's the relief comedown G , your body and mind isn't on high alert anymore , now it's crashing :)
    St. Fintans can be a scary place alright , especially in the parts that aren't updated, if the walls could speak ... eerie place alright .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Grandeeod and 4ad, so happy for you all! :D

Buile, do you post in photography forum, cos those are brilliant!

Great news G and 4Ad!

Suppin away here listening to Emmerdale pounding out from the living room. Angry people.:D Thinking about a chicken curry, fried rice and chips. Comfort food.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Grandeeod and 4ad, so happy for you all! :D

Buile, do you post in photography forum, cos those are brilliant!

Aww thanks Boo, glad you like them. I definitely don't post over there. Those guys are amazing. I love looking at their photos. I'm not good but I just enjoy taking pictures of the things we see when out and especially of Khali enjoying her life. She has a lung condition that will take her from me early. Was told 18 months ago, for example, that she might not be here in a year. But she's still going strong thankfully. She's my constant companion and my very best friend so I want lots of reminders that she had a good life all the same. I took a couple of pics of her today that I'm happy very happy with and a lovely landscape. But I wouldn't share on the photography forum, not up to scratch! :D

I love when i see your photos coming up, Khali is so beautiful and happy. Also i have a serious soft spot for robins, i love the thought that it's supposed to be a sign that someone you miss is thinking about you.

• Advertisement

I love when i see your photos coming up, Khali is so beautiful and happy. Also i have a serious soft spot for robins, i love the thought that it's supposed to be a sign that someone you miss is thinking about you.

Thanks Grem. I didn't know that about Robins. I miss a lot of people. Wonder which of them are thinking of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Oh really? That's lovely. On the maternal side of my family they are taken as a sign if something much darker, but they're a miserable shower so I'll adopt your meaning Grem!

I visit one particular grave in the country maybe twice a year and every single time without exception there's been a robin even in summer.. It's mad. Despite being a cynical ould grump i always feel a bit of comfort from that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Text in this morning. Ms Gs test result is negative.:)

Very happy to hear and I am sure it brings much relief to you and your family.

Very happy to hear and I am sure it brings much relief to you and your family.

Honestly A, you have no idea how much. Thank you. Finishing my last beer. The takeaway is just in the door so now its a sup it up and scoop it up. Then the couch and TV. All others in the leabha safe.

Honestly A, you have no idea how much. Thank you. Finishing my last beer. The takeaway is just in the door so now its a sup it up and scoop it up. Then the couch and TV. All others in the leabha safe.

Enjoy your evening my friend, you have earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside with a beer finishing off suits.
    That's great news grandeood, you'll sleep like a log tonight.
    Hope everyone had a good bank holiday, well as good as you can with these restrictions:)

I have been watching Coronation Street from the 1980's and I don't know why it is so addictive. I blame my housemate for the suggestion. I feel ruined lol.

Number 1, born this summer, yes. Is there a minimum time you have to wait by law?

Wha? There's no need to be so tetchy. My response was one of "wow you just went through pregnancy and have a new baby and now you are doing it again and that's amazing".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great news G, must be a load of you and misses G's minds.

Deskside uploading pictures ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement