Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 Mod Warning post #2237

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

is carvalho a dead cert?
    we've scouted him almost 30 times according to reports.
    put your money where your mouth is moyes / woodward?

I want him purely because I can't see anyone being as bad at football as Tom Cleverly is in general, as Fellaini has been these last few games or how old Carrick is playing.

Does anyone actually know anything about him? Is he any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Reus to United?? ye lot have rocks in your heads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Opposition fan pops in, says everyone here is stupid, and leaves shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

There's been a lot of that this season. Not having a pop at anyone, but this is an issue that a lot of people are ignoring.
    A player (Zaha) has obvious talent, and isn't being played, the fans are having a go at moyes for not playing him. But behind the scenes there's a perfectly good reason why - the player isn't showing the right attitude.
    Why can't this be also the case with some of the senior players? Not performing or showing the right attitude, and knowing that Moyes will take the flak for it.

he cant even get his game for Cardiff how does he expect to play for united. Could be sold back to palace in the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Breaking News: Liverpool fan refuses to accept Man utd are capable of signing world class player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I want him purely because I can't see anyone being as bad at football as Tom Cleverly is in general, as Fellaini has been these last few games or how old Carrick is playing.

Does anyone actually know anything about him? Is he any use?

signing him (and it'll cost prob 40m) surely signifies the end to fellaini though?
    wouldnt he be a direct replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

He going to be our new CM, keep up lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

I'm sure David Moyes and his trusty Ipad will be busy scouting players again today.

A squad chosen by Moyes. It's what we've dreamed of isn't it.:)

signing him (and it'll cost prob 40m) surely signifies the end to fellaini though?
    wouldnt he be a direct replacement?

Different type of player.

carvalho is a defensive midfielder though yes?
    coupled with Kroos you potentially have the foundation for an effective attacking unit?
    Put Mata / Kagawa in front, with some decent wingers and we're off back up the league table??

incidentally i think Young should be no where near the starting 11.
    he has delivered so little to United since arriving imo.
    I am always sceptical of players labelled a 'genius' by Gerard Houllier..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Ernest and Redbaron should just get a room and do something about all the sexual tension between them.

Ernest and Redbaron should just get a room and do something about all the sexual tension between them.

Sorry. I have a problem with people hurling abuse at ferguson and charlton, and hoping our team loses big games. I should hang my head in shame

I see a lot of people suggesting an attack of Mata, Kagawa and one other behind the striker, with many suggesting Reus as the perfect foil for Mata and Kagawa, as Reus is more of a winger able to beat defenders and attack at pace.

A disappointment for me is that we already have the perfect player for that position at the club, Nani. He is a winger with strength, pace, loads of talent, and most importantly he is versatile enough to switch to both sides.

These last two years have been a nightmare for Nani in terms of actually getting gametime, but imo it would be a real shame if he was to be let go from the club.

I see a lot of people suggesting an attack of Mata, Kagawa and one other behind the striker, with many suggesting Reus as the perfect foil for Mata and Kagawa, as Reus is more of a winger able to beat defenders and attack at pace.

A disappointment for me is that we already have the perfect player for that position at the club, Nani. He is a winger with strength, pace, loads of talent, and most importantly he is versatile enough to switch to both sides.

These last two years have been a nightmare for Nani in terms of actually getting gametime, but imo it would be a real shame if he was to be let go from the club.

Nani only has himself to blame. Half the time when he's on the pitch it looks like he couldn't give a sh*t. Very unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Nani only has himself to blame. Half the time when he's on the pitch it looks like he couldn't give a sh*t. Very unreliable.

Yep Nani has had his chances , had he have spent less time trying to be Ronaldo and more time just being Nani he would have turned out a better more consistant player..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Nani was a very good player for United but has done feck all in over 2 years, its too long a time to come back I think. You can blame the injuries or whatever for this but you'd really need to question his attitude.

once he bought that lifesize statue for the garden he seems to have gone to sh!te
    we should sell - you'd still get 10m for him

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Yep Nani has had his chances ,

When Nani had his chances he produced. I could nearly guarantee that if you took Valencias 25+ league games this season and gave them to Nani he would have a lot more than 2 goals and 2 assists.

The quality is there, but for two years now he has not gotten a run in the team at all. With our season now over why not give him the final five games?

With our season now over why not give him the final five games?

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

v3ttel wrote: »
    Opposition fan pops in, says everyone here is stupid, and leaves shocker.
    Breaking News: Liverpool fan refuses to accept Man utd are capable of signing world class player.
    Id agree with him regarding Reus, not the signing of a world class player though, I think ye could get Kroos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Nani got his chance against Stoke. Summed him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

When Nani had his chances he produced. I could nearly guarantee that if you took Valencias 25+ league games this season and gave them to Nani he would have a lot more than 2 goals and 2 assists.

The quality is there, but for two years now he has not gotten a run in the team at all. With our season now over why not give him the final five games?

Don't agree, he had one maybe two decent seasons , one I'm thinking where he had a lot of assists but hasn't been good enough, he gives the ball away consistantly , makes poor decisions and has a poor work rate.

Last 5 games won't save him now I don't think, unless he produces someo world class form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

To be fair - why can't we get a deal done if we want him - we signed hernandez the day after we got knocked out by Bayern in 2010 - this time we signed a new sponsor.

Get the deal done and have it sorted so he is a United player on the first day of pre-season. Done with Chico and Ruud, and I'm sure a number of others.

Who is to say it's not in progress?
    Hernandez came completely out of the blue, how often do we know he was looked at and for how long?

Carvalho is either coming or not, if it's the 1st of June or the 1st of July it makes no odds to me, so long as there's no fluting about in late August.

• Who is to say it's not in progress?
    Hernandez came completely out of the blue, how often do we know he was looked at and for how long?

Carvalho is either coming or not, if it's the 1st of June or the 1st of July it makes no odds to me, so long as there's no fluting about in late August.

Agree, transfers to be completed in the opening month, and give adequate time for players to settle in pre-season. None of this last minute nonsense. I have a gut feeling / fingers crossed that most of the background work has been done for a couple of players already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Don't agree, he had one maybe two decent seasons , one I'm thinking where he had a lot of assists but hasn't been good enough, he gives the ball away consistantly , makes poor decisions and has a poor work rate.

Last 5 games won't save him now I don't think, unless he produces someo world class form.

That's a lazy argument always used. Watch him play he is far from lazy he works hard tracking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

News floating around the tabloids today that Rooney won't play again for the rest of the season. It's a pity if it's true as I would've loved to see a front 4 of Rooney, Matagawa, and Januzai/Valencia/Nani.

Talks from Nani's agent saying that he likely to leave United in the summer. It will be a pity if he does, we all know what he is capable of, but I think this was his make or break season at United, and has missed a lot of it.

Reus would be a fantastic signing, but we are not short of stock in that department, and should only be signed when the weaker areas are looked after (CM, CB, LB).

Carvalho, if signed, wouldn't be a direct replacement for Fellaini, but Fellaini replacing Carrick, and Calvalho slotting in next to him. From what I've seen, very similar player to Yaya Toure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ericzeking

So if Nani is leaving...wasn't it just another masterstroke by The Equaliser to get him signed up to a new contract?

We'll surely get in or around 15m for him now as opposed to nowt.....

bullvine wrote: »
    Nani was a very good player for United but has done feck all in over 2 years, its too long a time to come back I think. You can blame the injuries or whatever for this but you'd really need to question his attitude.

How do you expect him to do more than feck all for 2 years, when he has been given feck all chances in the last 2 years?

I would happily take his flair and match winning ability with inherent inconsistency, over the boring, predictable uninspiring and completely unproductive play of Valencia or Young.

bullvine wrote: »
    Nani got his chance against Stoke. Summed him up!

A single game? Seriously? A single game was "his chance?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I believed the discussion was in the context of the game in question, not about who we could potentially have put into the that position if we owned them, I was discussing the match situation that happened.
    Other than throwing Nani in there, who hasn't played in months & is volatile and can be a extremely frustrating player, the choice for Kagawa to lead the contribution to the counter-attack was the correct one.
    Danny Welbeck was there to provide a long ball outlet and force him to use his pace and strength, Kagawa was there to receive possession from the DM' or claim the knock downs from Welbeck & then retain the possession and Rooney was 'supposed' to be there to finish.

'Never once lost the ball' is a bit of an exaggeration, lets just say I should said almost as opposed to never.

No. The conversation was about whether Kagawa is a good choice to play from wide in general, not just whether he was the best we had available for this particular game.

The question of how to fit all our attacking players into one team comes up all the time theses days. Many people suggest playing Kagawa from wide. I originally asked if this game against Bayern was going to be held as proof that playing Kagawa from wide was a good idea. I think the answer to that question is a resounding "yes" - a good proportion of posters think that Kagawa was very good playing from wide against Bayern and, so presumably, will be using that as evidence as to why he should be used there in the first team going forward.

Personally, I think playing a player like Kagawa or Mata from wide will always have problems unless you are a possession domination team like Barca or Bayern. I don't see United becoming that any time soon so I think we'd be better off with more athletic wide players and leaving Kagawa and Mata in their natural position, central.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement