Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I've this ready for tomorrow BksyecxIAAAowkf.jpg

yellowribbon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Despite all the differences here and negativity associated with Arsenal in the past month ya have to acknowledge that this stage of the Cup is carnival like in atmosphere. I am really looking forward to it. Good hype now and as mentioned above it will be like a home game with the Arsenal crowd but better given that it's the Cup and out of the Emirates.

I think we will win tomorrow but I think it will be a grind. And I think it would also be a grind if Ozil, Wilshere, Walcott and Kos were available too. So we need patience tomorrow and not just panic and say 'we are ****'. It's a big occassion, Wigan ashamedly have more experience than us here and will not be over awed. So it will be a tough contest but I actually expect some guys to thrive tomorrow at Wembley. Cazorla - we are looking at you!!

So I am going to soak up the atmosphere pre kick off on here and on twitter as sadly it will be as close as I get and I shall be very merry if we prevail.

Enjoy everybody....

....until Vermaelen concedes an early penalty and gets a red card and we all cannibalise each other on here.

Just kidding:)

Fair point, and AdamD made good points too...
    Im genuinely not having a go at Wenger.

Im genuinely interested in why Wenger has never really discovered 'a diamond in the rough in the PL. Thats the league he watches week in week out.
    Just curious why he hasnt found ANYONE in the PL or even the Scottish to play a role for Arsenal .
    Fill a gap, just be a squad player that wil lgive a decent 90mins when needed.

I suppose he did sign Ramsey, Chamberlain, Jenkinson (who admittedly is still very raw) and Walcott. All were playing at championship or in Jenks case below championship level. But your probably referring to established players. My friend once argued that Arsenal needed a no nonsense type of established British player in the middle to break up the play. Not necessarily world class but gets the job done. You'd probably get better for cheaper abroad.

From Scotland he signed Gio Van Bronckhorst from Rangers who was unfortunate with injury but went on to win the UCL with Barca ironically against ourselves. Fact is i would argue there wasnt much quality in Scotland apart from James McCarthy who was still raw talent when he was signed by Wigan and has developed into a very very good holding midfielder when he would have been originally an attacking midfielder.

Are we wearing yellow tomorrow or whats the yellow ribbon for? Easter? :pac:

Despite all the differences here and negativity associated with Arsenal in the past month ya have to acknowledge that this stage of the Cup is carnival like in atmosphere. I am really looking forward to it. Good hype now and as mentioned above it will be like a home game with the Arsenal crowd but better given that it's the Cup and out of the Emirates.

I think we will win tomorrow but I think it will be a grind. And I think it would also be a grind if Ozil, Wilshere, Walcott and Kos were available too. So we need patience tomorrow and not just panic and say 'we are ****'. It's a big occassion, Wigan ashamedly have more experience than us here and will not be over awed. So it will be a tough contest but I actually expect some guys to thrive tomorrow at Wembley. Cazorla - we are looking at you!!

So I am going to soak up the atmosphere pre kick off on here and on twitter as sadly it will be as close as I get and I shall be very merry if we prevail.

Enjoy everybody....

....until Vermaelen concedes an early penalty and gets a red card and we all cannibalise each other on here.

Just kidding:
    )

We might need a new superthread by tomorrow evening :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gonna hit the Mercantile for the match tomorrow any time I have been in there watching a game we have always put in a great performance so it could be a good omen (clutching at straws here :pac:)..... Buzzing for the game now, OH to be a GOONER :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Here's an article from last month from the Mirror about Arsenal's training: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-injury-problems-down-incompetent-3233644

He mentions the players are being trained like marines rather than footballers. Some players' bodies just can't hack it and the hard work doesn't seem to be paying its dividends like last season when we went on that run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Here's an article from last month from the Mirror about Arsenal's training: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-injury-problems-down-incompetent-3233644

He mentions the players are being trained like marines rather than footballers. Some players' bodies just can't hack it and the hard work doesn't seem to be paying its dividends like last season when we went on that run.

There's no doubting we've really suffered this year Hopefully they get to the bottom of the issue pretty quick. I'd very much doubt it's as black and white as Verheijen claims though. I'm sure there will be people on the payroll who have as much if not more expertise than him

• Advertisement

I miss the old crest :(

Maybe we need to put the old Victoria Concordia Crescit back into the logo?

For old times:

200px-Arsenal_FC_logo_%282001-2002%29.svg.png

Much nicer writing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

BUZZING for tomorrow.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah I do miss that crest too. Still have it on a mug somewhere I think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

crap im awake. about to que up and buy some new shoes that have same colour as our clubs kit. i will go back home midday, get some sleep then head to wembley!!

COME ON U GUNNERS!!!

IN WENGER WE TRUST!!!

PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT AT THE END OF THE SEASON!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I miss the old crest :(

Maybe we need to put the old Victoria Concordia Crescit back into the logo?

For old times:

200px-Arsenal_FC_logo_%282001-2002%29.svg.png

Much nicer writing too.

It is a nice crest, but I just keep thinking that the "L" is ejaculating.

Perhaps it's just me......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

crap im awake. about to que up and buy some new shoes that have same colour as our clubs kit. i will go back home midday, get some sleep then head to wembley!!

COME ON U GUNNERS!!!

IN WENGER WE TRUST!!!

Enjoy Wembley JM.

*Under breath* Lucky B*****d */Under breath*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Starting the day with a big coffee in my massive Arsenal mug. Working from home until 4 and then it'll be into my 1979 cup final jersey and parked in front of the tv. Would love to be there.

Come on the Arsenal.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »

Well that's that ruined forever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Come again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

COME ON U GUNNERS!!!

IN WENGER WE TRUST!!!

Full kit w*anker in matching shoes, nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Arrived in London yesterday. Decent session last night. Up early and decided to go and see Dennis Bergkamp. Well his statue anyway! Thanks for the memories Dennis, you were out of this planet. If only we had you had you now!

Meeting gang shortly for a liquid lunch and building up to the game. Excited!

311EE1CF-109F-441F-AE04-BB7E5F0F292C.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,204 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That's a very crude looking construction.
    Hope Dennis's butt is not too sore.

That's a very crude looking construction.
    Hope Dennis's butt is not too sore.

That is now also ruined forever.

Can we please stop ruining ****!
    Best wishes to the jammy gits going to the game today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Anyone know what channel the match is on today ive been looking but can't find it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Have a nice full irish in the pan, then up for a paddy power and off into town for pints for the match, butterflys are kicking in, please please dont **** this up today.

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Anyone know what channel the match is on today ive been looking but can't find it?

It's on Itv I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Ronan14 wrote: »

Lol, you didn't look very far ;)

Its on utv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Meant to be studying but just cant get my head around it, another 4 hours, hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I'll be in mannions at wembley before the game one of the designated arsenal pubs. And I'll have a tricolour with the arsenal logo if anyone is going and wants to say hello. I will also be drunk as a skunk when we win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Need to do 1st goal count of new thread...

arseblog ‏@arseblog 2m Arsenal: Fabianski, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski, Sanogo

No Gibbs or Rosicky

:(

And what in hell is Sanogo doing there?!

Gah!

No Gibbs or Rosicky

:(

And what in hell is Sanogo doing there?!

Gah!

Injuries a factor.

Happy to see Sanogo start. We have looked way better in attack as a whole with him there lately as I think Giroud has run out of steam.

I called the team right, it's an omen, we're gonna win!

Should still be easily a strong enough line-up to win it.

Injuries a factor.

Happy to see Sanogo start. We have looked way better in attack as a whole with him there lately as I think Giroud has run out of steam.

Me too, and Sanogo deserves to keep playing in the FA cup, he played against all the hard* teams, so he should get the start.

*said with all due respect to Wigan, but I'd fear Spurs, Liverpool and Everton far more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Good to see Sanogo start.
    He'll add some much needed pace!

Injuries a factor.

Sanogo scored a perfectly fine goal last week too, was wrongly disallowed for offside. He also got into the game more than Giroud did in general.

I don't mind him starting, that team should be enough to beat Wigan and if we haven't scored by a certain point we have the likes of Giroud on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think this Spurs collapse benefits us. Its probably better for United to be hindered by the Europa League next season than Spurs.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    I think this Spurs collapse benefits us. Its probably better for United to be hindered by the Europa League next season than Spurs.

If we win the cup and finish 4th they'll both be in it no?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If we win the cup and finish 4th they'll both be in it no?

Runners-up qualify if we finish 4th or 5th.

Hopefully Sunderland continue to do us a favour and contain Everton.

AdamD wrote: »

Fair point.

We still want Everton to finish 5th, though.

Wes Brown. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

How is it possible to be so excited and so very scared at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,204 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

STFU :mad:
    Look what you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Feck Sunderland

• Advertisement

In fairness nobody is expecting Sunderland to do us a favour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement