Originally Posted by Bret Hart
Who were your favorite wrestlers growing up?
Who had the greatest influence/impact on your life?
When did you decide you wanted to be a pro wrestler?
Do you ever get tired of constantly working shows?
Who's your closest friend in the industry?
What are your favorite matches?
Who do you enjoy working with in the ring the most?
What is your favorite match that you've been in?
1) Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin were my two favourites, but I also loved Hulk Hogan (who didn't?), The Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Mr Perfect and The Undertaker.
2) That's a great question with multiple answers. My parents
- for many reasons - helped shape who I am and taught me how important hard work is. HHH
because he was the reason I started lifting weights, and that had such a huge impact on my life in general. Everything I know about setting goals is because of the gym. My friend Luke
who I've known for close to 30 years and has believed in me since day one. And Batman
. Weird combo, but I found both when I was 16 and they made so much sense to my brain it helped me develop a sense of self.
3) Probably around 6 years old when I first saw it! I've actually trained twice before to try and make it, but it was during my 20s where mentally I just wasn't ready. I went through a lot in my early 30s and it gave me so much perspective about what I wanted and how to go about it.
4) Never. I'm still relatively new, but the drive/travel is half the fun even though it may not seem like it at the time. It all ties in and gives you time to practice promos, chat to other wrestlers or just reflect on a match.
5) I wouldn't want to name just one person at the moment because so many people have helped me. Short answer: everyone that I've crossed paths with so far have been awesome. More awesome than they needed to be, too.
6) My favourite matches ever would be Stone Cold vs Bret Hart from Mania 13, Okada vs Omega from Dominion 2017, any Ric Flair vs Steamboat scrap, and I've also got a soft spot for Hogan/Rock at Mania 18 because it's just so nuts on every level.
7) Everyone at the moment. Another rubbish answer, but I'm still riding the wave of 'Man, this is the coolest thing ever'. So every match is just badass.
8) I'm not sure anything will ever top my debut in the Defiant Rumble. From being terrified to elated within seconds, it was genuinely one of the best moments of my life!