Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-11-2017, 09:54   #61
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Sony on the ball, move the money back into my cred card, no issues. Now to ask Santy for psn cards.

Read this from one of the EA Game Changers who playtested it. These guys are usually very critical of what the devs do so I'd believe anything positive they say, not just fanboys.

Quote:
Without revealing any hard gameplay info, I can say I loved what I played at the last GC event and I've been in withdrawal ever since. I literally can't go back to UFC2. It would be like stepping back into the Dark Ages out of the Enlightenment.

Brian Hayes, in his interview with Hip Hop Gamer, says something like "Our lead gameplay engineer came to us and said 'I want to totally scrap our standup and start over.'"

And that's the gist of it. The amount of new feature set implementation is insane. I feel like with Madden and other EA Sports franchises, you'll see tiny little strides each year. But with UFC3, you're getting, honestly, a whole new game. It's one of the most substantial sequel improvements in any medium since Terminator 2 (in my opinion). You guys only know about the big things, like the moving while striking and the moving head movement. But there are so many thoughtful layers that have been added. Things you'd only add if you as a developer had passion for what you were doing. Things that might go unnoticed by casual players but that add so much to the game from a depth perspective. Excited for you guys to get to play.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2017, 19:35   #62
Axwell

Rewatching that video on the previous page, not sure I like the idea of uppercuts being done by having to press both buttons together. Sounds a bit awkward but I do like the sound of the movement and throwing punches combined and the removal of the parry is no big deal. Removing parry means they also have changed a lot of the perks or whatever they were called that you added to your fighter in UT. There wont be ones where you add x seconds to the parry window if you have it enabled.
09-11-2017, 23:08   #63
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Lead gameplay dev Geoff Harrower has been answering questions on operation sports forums, some good info here.

Quote:

The thing is, leg kicks can be used two different ways.

One is throwing them out there to try and widdle down long term health of the legs, at the risk of a check.

The other is to use them to cripple overly aggressive fighters who lunge or sway while moving forward, or throw power shots moving forwards. Catch them as they are about to put their weight on the lead leg and it does way more damage, and interrupts the attack.

It's that second case I worry about, because a lot of people are going to be overly aggressive.

Someone who gets good at timing leg kicks against predictable, aggressive opponents will absolutely demolish them.

Leg health doesn't regenerate, so once you take big damage, you really have to adapt your style to survive.

All this stuff is exactly the way I want it, I am just curious to see if the player base is sophisticated enough to handle this, or if the masses are able to figure out the leg offence game, but not the defensive game and all fights become these weird leg kicking battles.

I don't know what's going to happen.

But it's not going to be like anything you've experienced before, that I can guarantee.
Quote:

O'ing people is fun, aggression is fun, and this game will make that experience a lot more exciting than what UFC 2 offered.

To them it might even feel like KO mode but with the full game.

It won't be until you get to a higher level of skill that you start to see fights lasting longer or going the distance.

Those will be the technical battles that might bore casuals, but that's what players of that skill level want.

If it plays out that way we'll hit that sweet spot we've never quite managed.

I'm excited to see if it works.

I'm sure someone will ruin it with some exploit that we'll have to fix, but right now, playing the game among the dev team, no one has found an exploit yet and the game is beautiful to play.

Quote:

I can't remember if I posted this before, but from full stamina full health, if one fighter spams two leg kicks in a row that both get checked, they get a health event.

If they continue and spam two more while in the health event, there will be a leg KD

Quote:

I have a question for you that you haven't been asked yet... with the new vulnerability system will you be able to knockout/hurt your opponent while you're in a head/body health event?

It was possible in UFC1. Impossible in UFC2. Is it coming back?

Still possible.
Lastly he said you can defend against kicks by checking leg kicks, staying out of range or interrupt the kicks with straight jabs. Saying that, of you misstime a jab interrupt, you will get this scenario.

(3) thanks from:
10-11-2017, 12:12   #64
D.Q

Love when I see uouve updated this thread. Fair play for info.

This game sounds like it's going to be a big improvement. And I absolutely love the last one.
Thanks from:
10-11-2017, 18:34   #65
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

New trailer leaked this morning and taken down but not before someone downloaded it.

Some old footage in slo mo to show off the new tech but some new stuff as well. Don's movement is spot on.

Edit, adding proper video

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/stat...30922304815105
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-11-2017, 20:11   #66
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Beta registration closes tonight in case anyone hasn't signed up yet. Best of luck!

https://www.easports.com/ufc/beta-logged-out
(2) thanks from:
14-11-2017, 20:35   #67
RebelSoul

Cheers for all the updates Zero. I signed up, hopefully someone on here gets in and can stream some game play.
Thanks from:
15-11-2017, 22:03   #68
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Confirmed controls so far. These look fair complex but I'd day once you get the hang of them, they will work really well.

L1/LB technique modifier
L2/LT body modifier
R1/RB signature modifier (or you could think of it as another technique modifier)
R2/RT high block/elbow/knee modifier
R2/RT + L2/LT low block
L2/LT + right sticks towards/away for takedowns
L2/LT + right sticks up/down for clinch attempts
Face buttons - jab , straight , leg kicks
L1/LB+ face buttons - Hooks - Head kicks
Square+X/triangle+O - Uppercuts
R2+face buttons = knees or elbows
Double flick and hold forward - Sprint
Left stick - footwork/movement
Right stick - head movement
Thanks from:
15-11-2017, 22:49   #69
Paully D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Right stick - head movement
I can never read the words "head movement" again without seeing and hearing Edmond screaming.
Advertisement
16-11-2017, 03:02   #70
D.Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully D View Post
I can never read the words "head movement" again without seeing and hearing Edmond screaming.
First thing I thought of too.
Thanks from:
16-11-2017, 08:13   #71
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

His ground game break down was brilliant for UFC 2, this should be good. Expected some time next week.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/st...39280016719873
Thanks from:
16-11-2017, 14:14   #72
RebelSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
His ground game break down was brilliant for UFC 2, this should be good. Expected some time next week.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/st...39280016719873
When do you expect him to release that? Same time as the game release?
16-11-2017, 14:18   #73
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelSoul View Post
When do you expect him to release that? Same time as the game release?
He said on Twitter it should be released next week. He wants it out before the beta so people can understand what they're doing instead of not understanding it basically 'I'm losing, system must suck'. He said there will be way more KO's with this system until people start defending properly and he's sure people will say it's OP'd because they don't understand it.
16-11-2017, 17:50   #74
Axwell

Can't wait for this at this stage..not sure about some of the controls like uppercuts especially but I figure once we get used to it then it will feel natural. Love how they have really made it technical now and not just button bashing or spamming punches when in range.

People that dont learn how to play are going to get KO'd and those that love stand up will be rewarded for being good at it and mastering it this time. I much prefer the stand up game but used to hate where I would get rocked out of nowhere even though I was picking a guy apart or I would seemingly take as much damage as my opponent even though I had been punching and avoiding theirs for the whole round.

When is the beta due to drop do we know?
(2) thanks from:
16-11-2017, 17:53   #75
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Beta is starting November 27 and running through December 1.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion