Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-11-2017, 15:37   #31
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

MMA Road Show podcast leaking stuff:

In Ultimate Team, you can have a roster of created fighters but also buy real fighters to join your team. Dunno how I feel about this, it will just turn into Jon Jones and McGregors instead of created fighters.

Career mode has you building your social media, deciding how to respond to callouts by other fighters.

Snoop commentating in KO Mode

Possible February release.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-11-2017, 15:42   #32
Axwell

Well that's gonna ruin UT for me so, as you say it will just be loads of Jon Jones sighh..

Snoop on KO Mode is great - hopefully they put Faber on it with him. The mode itself didnt really appeal to me though as you couldnt play it online so it was more just a bit of craic if you had friends over who didnt know how to play the game and this meant they could just fight without having to try learn all the buttons and moves.
Thanks from:
03-11-2017, 15:43   #33
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Career mode needs more than just a 'how do you respond' to this fighter, oh you now have 5000 fans, unlock yellow shorts, etc. That will grow stale. They need a low level org for you to build your fighter but I know UFC won't have any of that, hopefully I'm wrong. Build a stable of fights that you are head coach of and can control each guy, I think that's the best scenario for a career mode.

The podcast guys (1 who is a gamer) are super excited about the game and was hugging the dev after their hands on with it. They said the difference between 2 and 3 is massive.

Also, lead dev Geoff Harrower, who released stop-motion with action figures showing the ground game moves in the release up to UFC 2 is looking to do the same for this but to show off stand up. Must mean they really upped the stand up game for this.
Thanks from:
03-11-2017, 15:46   #34
D.Q

Really hope they don't change the ground too much.

Certain positions are over powered, that's all they should be looking to change. Crucifix, side saddle spring to mind.
Thanks from:
03-11-2017, 15:52   #35
Axwell

If they worked on the standup and made it more "flowy" (©Artem) then it would be a big improvement alright. It was a great game imo but it still felt like when you got in range of a person it was just a case of both fighters standing still and going between high and low moves until someone was in danger and backed up.

You could parry and dodge but it just didnt all come together. You need to be able to get in, land some punches and back away quickly but be able to get back in again too. This whole stepping forward a couple of steps to engage and a few to disengage just felt a bit slow and boring. Being able to move back and forth maybe at a double step would improve it,(i know you could double tap the direction) not quite run but a burst of pace on the way in and out and if you got caught on the chin while doing it you paid the price.

Great to see people are saying such good things about it already - i am sure if they did very little I would still be all over it on release day saying how great it is just because its a new version of the game but these people seem genuinely hyped about how good it is!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-11-2017, 16:02   #36
D.Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwell View Post
If they worked on the standup and made it more "flowy" (©Artem) then it would be a big improvement alright. It was a great game imo but it still felt like when you got in range of a person it was just a case of both fighters standing still and going between high and low moves until someone was in danger and backed up.

You could parry and dodge but it just didnt all come together. You need to be able to get in, land some punches and back away quickly but be able to get back in again too. This whole stepping forward a couple of steps to engage and a few to disengage just felt a bit slow and boring. Being able to move back and forth maybe at a double step would improve it,(i know you could double tap the direction) not quite run but a burst of pace on the way in and out and if you got caught on the chin while doing it you paid the price.

Great to see people are saying such good things about it already - i am sure if they did very little I would still be all over it on release day saying how great it is just because its a new version of the game but these people seem genuinely hyped about how good it is!
Agree with all of that. Another thing that needs improvement is when your opponent is rocked, it's so hard to close the distance. You should be able to swarm faster than a rocked opponent.

I'd love to see new animations for getting rocked. Be great to see some wobbly legs and all.
Thanks from:
03-11-2017, 16:25   #37
martyos121

FINALLY!

https://twitter.com/easportsufc/stat...82524632596480
Thanks from:
03-11-2017, 16:28   #38
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

So much to take away from that, needs a lot of views. Footwork and fighter movement looks to be the big thing.

I'm calling in Christmas presents early and gonna book the champ champ edition. It's live on psn to preorder now.

The mother****ing mouse trap is in the game!!

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/stat...84480897904640
(2) thanks from:
03-11-2017, 16:28   #39
martyos121

So early takeaways from that short trailer:

They fixed Bisping and McGregor’s character models in a huge way
CM Punk is back, hopefully rated in the low 60s this time
The Double Champ gets his own version and a sweet looking cover.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-11-2017, 16:33   #40
Axwell

I'm a marketing persons dream..gonna buy the champ champ edition over the weekend after watching that..
Thanks from:
03-11-2017, 16:33   #41
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

****ing February 2nd release date or Jan 30th for champ edition, did NOT expect it that early!

They have the new Reebok gear, should help the customisation.

Follow this guy on Twitter of you haven't yet. He posts done great meta about the game.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/st...83122270625792
(2) thanks from:
03-11-2017, 16:40   #42
D.Q

Yep, definitely preordering the champ champ edition.
03-11-2017, 16:46   #43
Axwell

Looks like they have increased the damage you can see on fighters from the shot of Conor vs Eddie. In fairness the trailer is a lot of audio from actual UFC fights just dubbed over footage, but damn do they know the right audio to use to get you excited! Well played marketing team, well played..

Hopefully we hear more soon from the devs, but have to say with a release date so soon it makes me even more happy to hear people so excited about it. Means they have a really great game already at this stage and are just putting a bit of polish on it before the release rather than people saying its improved but lots of work to do and we find out that its released in February.
03-11-2017, 16:55   #44
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Just preordered the champ champ edition, bit mad but I'm so looking forward to it.

Beta registration is live! Click link below and go to beta sign up at top of the page.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/newsletter
Thanks from:
03-11-2017, 17:03   #45
martyos121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Just preordered the champ champ edition, bit mad but I'm so looking forward to it.

Beta registration is live! Click link below and go to beta sign up at top of the page.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/newsletter
Nice one man, after signing up for it the wording makes it seem like not everyone will get in, but it can’t hurt to sign up this early anyway, surely one of us on here at least will get access.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion