Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ECookie13

Charged me 2.51 Euro (total amount, not sure of the fees) for the highest Netflix tier. Considering EBS is a free bank, I won't complain if it's a few cents higher than Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

reactivated my turkey account with netflix gift cards. bought a few turkey netflix card and redeemed it. ok for couple of months now. lets see how long it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Why has this happened, is it NF cracking down on family sharing or Turkey teeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 vorbabb

I've had my Turkish account blocked as well. They charged me for the month on February 21st via Revolut. Am I right in saying most Revolut users aren't getting their money back in such instances? Won't be re-subbing at Irish prices as their too expensive in my opinion for what you get from them.

I'm not gonna bother signing up in another country either, in case they do this again. It's an extremely shady practice from Netflix to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Luker

It’s the risk you take. And to be fair you benefited for God knows how long. We’re the shady ones availing of it

Post edited by Luker on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just quickly tried signing up with original email for Nigeria Netflix and it worked.

I turned on VPN unlimited to Nigeria.

Click restart membership on netflix account with same email and didn't even go into incognito mode.

Prices came up in NGN, so clicked the premium package for 5000NGN. Left on VPN still.

Card details were auto filled in, VPN still on. Used AIB debit card, no verification with banking app. Needed Nigeria SMS verification code , but just clicked back on browser and then confirmed payment again in NGN and all went through.

Couldn't believe my luck TBH. €3 for the premium package! But how long will this last.

Yes, I had that issue in incognito mode. So just went to standard mode on Google chrome and where my netflix account details were saved and logged in without issues and signed up to Nigeria premium as said above for €3 paid with AIB debit card (clicked back when asked for Nigeria SMS). All this while VPN turned on.

Yes, I could keep my account when just went and clicked "Restart membership" not in incognito mode, where my netflix account details were saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I don't wish to be a kill joy but several users on other forums are reporting newly opened India and Nigeria accounts are also being culled and cancelled.

Netflix taking money and cancelling a day or two later with no option to refund other than charge back

• Advertisement

It's going to be a game of cat and mouse. It was only a 2 minute job and €3 to sign up to Nigeria so I won't be worried if cancelled as didn't go out of my way for hours trying to get it to sign up unlike other signups over the year.

Might throw on a fim tomorrow and the following days via Nigeria VPN to see does it help for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Installed Hola Chrome Extension Free

cleared history and cookies set Hola to Nigeria and signed up with a fresh email worked with my boi visa not with revolut €2.55 via Nigeria

Worth the risk for the price of a coffee!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

I re signed up using Bulgaria which is only a couple more euro than the premium Turkey price (€9.99). No issues with payment with revolut, maybe because the transaction was in Euros. Hopefully this means my card won't get flagged in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not expecting this Nigeria plan to last as long as Turkey, under €3 for premium is taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just so you don't make the same mistake as I did if you plan to share your account with family in different households double check the country, I got Argentina going works out for the top package of €8.59 but it has to be in the same household so have cancelled it straight away. As I want to share with 2 family members not at my address

So the question is besides Turkey what other cheap countries don't enforce the same address policy?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ive tried the Nigeria route on my original account and no matter which card I try, numerous Revolut cards, N26, Curve, PTSB, EBS and avantcard, none of them are being accepted. I had no bother at all setting up a new account via India on Saturday using a virtual Revolut card.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Android phone, hola vpn set to Nigeria, duck duck go app, new email, aib bank card, asked for Nigerian phone number, went back a page, re input aib card details, went through @ €2.92 top package.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what service are people using for these new email addresses?

I didn't need to use a new email. I just clicked "restart membership" with previous account. If gets cancelled so be it, I'll move somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gillamandango

There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

That's what I get using different devices, new email, with VPN set to Nigeria using Revolut/BOI/EBS cards - same message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I’ve signed up two separate accounts now using PTSB and AIB debit cards. Both failed on first try and had to re-enter the CVV2 a few times. The AIB one worked as recent as last night.

As others have said I’d be shocked if this lasts more than a month. Whatever about us on Boards, there’s probably huge numbers signing up to Nigeria etc in the UK and USA.

To try prolong it, it probably is worth actually streaming from the Nigeria VPN once in a while via laptop or phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Switched to Nigeria way too easy, definitely can't see it lasting long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I tried to do that yesterday and was also getting blocked. Today, same VPN, the cards are accepted. Same boat. I will try for 2 months and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone doing a family share on an irish Netflix account? I'd be interested in joining. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Don’t think it will work. You’ll likely see an error message about the device not being part of the account and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

It keeps asking me for a phone number, how do you bypass this?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Posh Boy

When the 2 months is coming to an end can you just add more gift cards to your account and keep going then? Thinking of doing the same myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

we can keep on adding gift cards even now. the account will be active until there are funds in the account. then it stops.

i bought mine from turgame website. i was able to pay there in euros for TL netflix cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I signed up in Bulgaria too, but only because I live there! I was sharing a mid-tier Turkish account with my sister but I’m done with sharing and I’m happy enough with a €5 basic account. Don’t use it enough to justify spending any more and I won’t have to worry about being cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,902 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

In fairness, it's us that are breaking the t&cs we signed up to. You can't be down more than €6. Us breaking the t&cs have netflix down €14 every month. Turkey is still there with gift cards

I do agree that it's not worth €20 per month, full price. If I wasn't getting it cheap I think I would get one month netflix every few months. Maybe 4 months per year. I definitely wouldn't let it run 12 months though the year

Advertisement