Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade cabinets from UK?

Options
  • 07-09-2020 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone has recent experience of getting stuff shipped from UK? Never did it before so completely new territory.

I noticed in the recent thread on the electrocoin duet that transland was mentioned.

Anybody that offers palletising as well as delivery, or must that be done before pickup?

Any decent estimates on, say, one cabinet, door to door? 300 quid? Way off?!

Lots of niggly questions, so I'm hoping someone can lay out a recent experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I got cabs from the UK in the last year or so, more info here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057873129
    Most shipping companies want them all on a pallet and ready to go, but you can find 'man-with-a-van' who might take them as is.

I'd prefer the seller to pack up the cab tbh for shipping, they want to ensure it gets to you in one piece more than the truck driver and they know what parts of more susceptible to damage more so than a random trucker :)

From the seller who packed up my two Dino King cabs
    452174.jpeg

Cost of shipping for those two cabs by http://www.translandgroup.com from Devon, UK to Dublin - €121.03

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

havent brought in anything recently:( but get the seller to wrap up the cab whether being palleted or not.
    Man with a van is grand for a lot if you can get one doing a route or going close to the locations. but depending on maching can be awkward loading and unloading !!
    Freight company will need it palletised and is probably best option these days unless you know a man with a van ,its best to get a quote with tail lift as it will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

That's a great head-start, nice one! Cheaper than I thought (potentially).

The palletising thing could be a parin in the arse as seller is just like me, clueless. So I'm not sure how chuffed he'd be about the extra effort. But I'll get the ball rolling and see where it goes :)

problem with pallets is that you need a garage to stage them in untill the van rocks up.
    most people dont !

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

If the seller is not willing to palletise it, contact Martin in RetroLogistics (https://www.facebook.com/RetroLogistics/). He will be able to collect the cab and bring it to his warehouse, pallet wrap it for collection by Transland.
    Approx 200-250EUR all in for both Martin and Transland combined.

• Advertisement

Turns out he's a stone's throw from Martin, so maybe that's the ticket all right :)

Gradius wrote: »
    Turns out he's a stone's throw from Martin, so maybe that's the ticket all right :)

He might even drop it to martin !
    What is it ?
    something tasty ?:D

He might even drop it to martin !
    What is it ?
    something tasty ?:D

Well I won't jinx it by mentioning it, but I wouldn't be considering the trouble if it wasn't spanktastic.

Might work out, might not. Will see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Oh you tease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I've used transland 5 times at this stage. it's always been in the 120/140 range . They will need the cabs to be pallet and secured with straps. I did approach a few man-with-a-van but they seem to work on fixed routes and can be prohibitively expensive it it's not on their route .
    I keep hearing good things about Martin in the UK but haven't used his service. I do believe he can help storing and palletizing for a freight company to pick it up

• Advertisement
Advertisement