Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Getting a curry tonight. Extra jalapeños and siriachi sauce last night and a curry tonight, I could find myself posting on the etiquette thread tomorrow. ..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside after a very busy day. Just signed a petition to get rid of the current inept crew who supposedly “manage” our complex with zero accountability or transparency.

Warm chicken salad for din dins tonight. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh lord, I did worse than that at college. I had a younger friend. A really lovely girl and we had this mutual wind-up in jest thing going on whereby she would call me a culchie (cos I'm from Kerry ) and in response I would call her a skobie as she was from a certain part of Dublin associated with people who might be described by others (not by me, in seruousnrss)as such. One day I saw her from behind talking to someone. It was her pony tail, her coat, her scarf , etc. Now I owed her one as she had mortified me when I was trying to be all sophiscated mature student flirting with a beautiful young fella so with revenge in mind I went up to her, grabbed her ponytail and said "Howya, skobie?" in an exaggerated dubelin accent. To which she turned around and to my horror it wasn't her. 'Who are you calling a skobie? How dare you!! I'm from Castlerock! 'And then I made it much, much worse "i'm so sorry! You look like someone from
    from behind".

I'd probably be kicked out for that now. And for harassing the young fellas.

Can I just say I would never actually use that word in a derogatory manner. It was a genuine mutual wind-up and she would ironically refer to herself as that when around snobbier types (like the girl from Casteknock). Lesson learned.

Very funny! :D I grew up in Castleknock, believe me - there were quite a few complete scobes with money but zero class - in our estate. The place was (and still is) full of pretentious idiots living way beyond their means.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,346 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Getting a curry tonight. Extra jalapeños and siriachi sauce last night and a curry tonight, I could find myself posting on the etiquette thread tomorrow. ..

Have a good read to get yourself up to speed with the inventive language used!

I'm tableside soon to be showerside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Shame on me but I ordered up curry, fried rice and chips earlier. I've resisted Wednesday night beers in the local pub, but mainly because I can't feckin afford it and spent the cash on a takeaway for Mrs G and I. But well worth it with a few crafties from Aldi and in front of the tellie together. Ms G stripped me of the balance of that hundred quid I pillaged last week.:eek: But I only paid the delivery charge. She used her own dosh for the purchase.:D Life on the breadline can be funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

On way home , fun night out without winning anything , but lordie I'm fecking freezing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Turning a corner. Listening to Cyndi Lauper Time after Time. Absolute tune! :)

Onshuh wrote: »

How'd the little man get on today ? Bet he faced it like a trooper !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Have a good read to get yourself up to speed with the inventive language used!

I'm tableside soon to be showerside.

Them lads should put a book together from that thread, regularly I find myself crippled with laughter reading it. The use of quotation marks is literary genius.

Couchside with stumps for legs after an epic walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Mam of 4 wrote:
    How'd the little man get on today ? Bet he faced it like a trooper !

He got on grand thanks Mam. Poochie was right it's not as invasive for young children now. Since a few weeks ago, they only swab just inside each nostril for young children ( I think it's 0-5 year olds ). He cried a little bit but moved on quick. It takes a lot to stop this fella enjoying himself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Shame on me but I ordered up curry, fried rice and chips earlier. I've resisted Wednesday night beers in the local pub, but mainly because I can't feckin afford it and spent the cash on a takeaway for Mrs G and I. But well worth it with a few crafties from Aldi and in front of the tellie together. Ms G stripped me of the balance of that hundred quid I pillaged last week.:eek: But I only paid the delivery charge. She used her own dosh for the purchase.:D Life on the breadline can be funny!

The O’Sheas red ale from Aldi is quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m sitting in front of the tv watching Everton play . This is 85 minutes of my life I won’t get back :(

Couchside with stumps for legs after an epic walk
    Are you making fun of me? :mad::(

:D
    There's some nip in the air tonight, almost feels frosty out. Couchside until bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'LL ALWAYS BE WAITIN'

Are you making fun of me? :mad::(

Ehhhhhh..... nooooo.... :( what did I saaaaaaaaay!!? :pac:

La la la la la la la

Seph I ignored your request for a pic last night or was it this morning. Anyway, I saw it this morning but I was too busy to respond. I took this one just now though. I call it..

'Axel just realised Oscar is a vampire!'
    527239.jpeg

Ehhhhhh..... nooooo.... :( what did I saaaaaaaaay!!? :pac:

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seph I ignored your request for a pic last night or was it this morning. Anyway, I saw it this morning but I was too busy to respond. I took this one just now though. I call it..

'Axel just realised Oscar is a vampire!'
    527239.jpeg

So worth the wait :D:D The face on axel 🤣🤣🙀, Thanks :3

• Advertisement

So worth the wait :D:D The face on axel 🀣🀣🙀, Thanks :3

Haha I know! I didn't notice his face when I took the pic so when I looked at it afterwards I burst out laughing. I'm laughing again now. No real idea why he looks so shocked. Maybe he could see a ghost beside me!!

Haha I know! I didn't notice his face when I took the pic so when I looked at it afterwards I burst out laughing. I'm laughing again now. No real idea why he looks so shocked. Maybe he could see a ghost beside me!!
    Axel and Oscar are very clean and healthy looking cats!

I ain't nothin' but tired
    Man, I'm just tired and bored with myself

^^^ sums me up right now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

C'mere you're actually very talented with the auld camera like, Axels eye at the weekend etc you always catch at great moments! :3

C'mere you're actually very talented with the auld camera like, Axels eye at the weekend etc you always catch at great moments! :3

Aawww Seph! That's such a nice thing to say!! I take the photos on my phone, which is the cheapest smart phone you can buy.. a moto one and the camera is horrendously bad, I have to take about 50 photos to get one that isn't a total blur! :D I do enjoy taking pics of my pets. :)

Axel and Oscar are very clean and healthy looking cats!

I ain't nothin' but tired
    Man, I'm just tired and bored with myself

^^^ sums me up right now!

Thanks Leg End. Their white is SO white irl, it actually glistens in the light. They're so clean just because they're indoor cats. They're healthy because they're very well fed! Better fed than me half the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside, enjoying listening to the heavy rain outside. Very therapeutic it is. Mind you, in a few weeks time it will be that fcuking rain again..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This guy stuck his head in somewhere and got walloped by a mommy cat.

527260.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Looks like it’s rained last night,

Mammy Auto is off to the hospital today and fingers crossed it actually goes ahead :)

Hi ho hi ho it’s off to work I go

Btw the glitch seems to be getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

it's not as invasive for young children now. Since a few weeks ago, they only swab just inside each nostril for young children ( I think it's 0-5 year olds ). D

Two nostrils? Does that count as one test or two ? I feel for the poor guy, did my 29th test yesterday with a new nurse, I wasn’t impressed with her heavy hand as she was seeking any brain cells that I might have left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

New meaning to skullduggery Smurfjed?? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement