Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    In a way Punk would suit the group fine but he's been drifting along lately. His performances vs the hot Shield act have been tepid at times.
    Could see Rusev as his replacement.

Took it for granted the Solomon Crowe (the former Sami Callihan) would get the nod. As Ambrose and Crowe were both in a group before in CZW.

But yeah people are discounting the once in a lifetime type synergy between the current group. It wasn't a completely organic thing either the three we working on the group for more than 15 months before they debuted. I know this as this angle was originally pitched as the debut of the three:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They'll need to get this Bryan/Wyatt Family storyline sorted by the beginning of the new series of Total Divas or that will end up being one of the worst cases of continuity ever. They should probably never have included Cena and Bryan in it to begin with.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Bray Wyatt is considered WWE’s “top project” right now. Officials are very high on him and they want him to be a top act in the company.

As previously reported, Triple H is the main guy behind the push of The Wyatt Family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

As someone already said; Bray certainly has the potential to take a prominent role if given the right material, but I just don't think creative have what it takes to deliver in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Replacing Reigns would be for the best. It's a risk, but a worthwhile one. They dont need to break up anytime soon so getting Reigns out on his own would be the next best thing.

Bray is all gimmick and no ability. He will never make it as a top guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Going to totally disagree with you here. Was a very good in-ring worker at NXT, and while we may have not seen it on the main roster yet, in time you will see how good he is

Hogan can still cut a promo.

Hulk Hogan at Hogan's Beach Shop gives New England Patriots A Hulkster style shout out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Replacing Reigns would be for the best. It's a risk, but a worthwhile one. They dont need to break up anytime soon so getting Reigns out on his own would be the next best thing.

I don't think he has no ability, he definitely has but he looks so out of shape these days that he looks sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

No ability? He's one of the best mic workers and promo cutters in WWE right now. Reminds me of Jake "The Snake" Roberts a bit, in the way his promos are psychological and makes you think. But ignoring that, he's a very good speaker and a good promo man.

He's also pretty charismatic and his ring skills are up for debate but they can be worked on if need be, but that's never stopped anyone getting to the top before.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    No ability? He's one of the best mic workers and promo cutters in WWE right now. Reminds me of Jake "The Snake" Roberts a bit, in the way his promos are psychological and makes you think. But ignoring that, he's a very good speaker and a good promo man.

He's also pretty charismatic and his ring skills are up for debate but they can be worked on if need be, but that's never stopped anyone getting to the top before.
    They don't make me think at all, they're pretty much the exact same every time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Looks like the Wyatt Family thread needs a bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bray is very out of shape it must be said.

I love the characters though, something different.

The less he's in the ring the better.

Harper has looked pretty impressive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I think Reigns can easily be replaced, if the others kick him out and immediately replace him. Ryback could be good.

I think Reigns can easily be replaced, if the others kick him out and immediately replace him. Ryback could be good.
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

The Shield are all fantastic in-ring and all ooze cool. How does Ryback fit in there at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ryback replacing Reigns in The Shield

Nope.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I don't see the appeal with Reigns tbh if anything I think the other two are better.

I don't see the appeal with Reigns tbh if anything I think the other two are better.

I shall point you to his Survivor Series 2013 display, plus WWE management seem very high on him

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I shall point you to his Survivor Series 2013 display, plus WWE management seem very high on him
    I'm with the other guy on this. The other 2 seem better in-ring and definitely at promos, Reigns has just been booked stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ambrose is probaly the most complete package of the 3 he has the mic skills and ability, Rollins seems to have all the ability but not much on the mic, Reigns seems to have the WWE look they seem to go for though and that trumps both the other two talents unfortunatly

Ambrose is probaly the most complete package of the 3 he has the mic skills and ability, Rollins seems to have all the ability but not much on the mic, Reigns seems to have the WWE look they seem to go for though and that trumps both the other two talents unfortunatly

Pretty much hit the nail on the head about Reigns, though Rollins & Ambrose will be fine when The Shield inevitably implode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Bollocks!

Reigns oozes natural charisma and presence that the other two could only dream of having,not to mention size.Ambrose has the body of a particularly sick looking junkie and is a one trick pony (see bad Heath Ledger as the Joker impersonator) on the mic, and Rollins is grand in the ring but has shown little to no personality in the year or so he's been on the main roster.

I'd actually have Ambrose down as the lad with the least promising future of the three.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In some very sad looking news, hearing bad things about Mae Young :(
    Kidneys shutting down and needing help breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

She's one tough cookie, she's 90 years old now which would've made her 76 when the Dudley Boys, Jeff Jarrett and Viscera were bashing her. Just finished Hardcore Holly's book and he had to do a clothesline spot with her and he said "Don't you worry Mae, I'll look after you out there". She turns to him and says "You better bring it, motherf**ker!".

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Unexpected wrestling retirement coming in the next day or two Jason Powell will have the scoop stay tuned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

EdK wrote: »
    Unexpected wrestling retirement coming in the next day or two Jason Powell will have the scoop stay tuned

Gonna guess Alberto Del Rio

Which promotion?
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Gonna guess Alberto Del Rio

Hopefully not Sheamus.

CM Punk talks retirement from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Christian, with all his injuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Former TNA and WWE that's all I can say

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christian? :eek:

If it is, we may need to hide this news from Liz!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If it is Christian it wouldn't be unexpected sadly, he is quite banged up.
    Hope it ain't Jeff Hardy either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement