Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I picked up The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. Come at me zombies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Jordan 199 wrote: »

It's really is very good in fairness!

Ive only played a few hours but it's a very good journey and the tension is great.
    (I was waiting on the physical copy!)

I just finished Blood & Truth. What. A. Game.

Exciting news that no man's sky has improved textures on PS5 with a couple other ps5 related updates.
    When it's out I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Where you seeing this? I thought it got the 'Next Gen' update in October and that was that? It certainly plays better on the PS5 and the load times are very short now (save for using a portal, but still quicker than the PS4).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I just finished Blood & Truth. What. A. Game.

I bought it on release day and still haven't played the bloody thing, some day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I bought it on release day and still haven't played the bloody thing, some day

It's the only game I've ever played and completed on the day it was purchased :D

Once in a lifetime event I tell you *looks at backlog in horror*

Where you seeing this? I thought it got the 'Next Gen' update in October and that was that? It certainly plays better on the PS5 and the load times are very short now (save for using a portal, but still quicker than the PS4).

Saw the new update announced earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sweet. Seems like they're trying their best to remove loading altogether, as further improving it will nearly do that! Nice for the PSVR support, think it's the first to provide proper PS5 VR support. Might hook it up again, give it a whirl.

Edit: Found it, it's on HG's Steam page for the Experimental people, ie: the beta testers for updates before bringing to other platforms - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198825835891/posthistory/

Hard to believe they're still actively working on it. Then again, they've probably made enough money already (can't find any figures) to keep them going.

Sweet. Seems like they're trying their best to remove loading altogether, as further improving it will nearly do that! Nice for the PSVR support, think it's the first to provide proper PS5 VR support. Might hook it up again, give it a whirl.

like RocketRaccoon I still have this in wrapping... plus The Persistence

Will play them both one day :pac:

To be honest I'm glad I'm waiting for NMS as they seem to be constantly updating it, so at least my first time will be with all the updates even if it's still on a PS4.

• Advertisement

The persistence is so very scary!!! So much better then that stupid demo they originally put out.
    Glad it's flat also cause I get too scared!

Hitman 3 looks to be rather good on PSVR... even on a slim PS4 (thankfully)

Yeah looking at polish Paul's review it seems "ok" on the og PS4.
    Which is a surprise

Kinda strange control mechanism though, using the lightbar to move the right arm.

Maybe they could have had the option to use a Move controller in the right hand, and DS4 in left hand, or just gone with Skyrim style movement controls.

Don't understand why developers are constantly coming up with novel ways to handle locomotion on the PSVR, when the Skyrim style should just be the standard method they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

Ps Move controllers. They were once cheap, and now are stupid prices. I have a psvr, and I almost regret it as I can't play some of the games I got, and 2 ps move controllers new cost half the price of the headset again.

Has anyone had any luck with cheap clones?
    Does anyone have recommendations where to get them?
    Even worst case, is anyone done with theirs and considering getting rid of them?

I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I looked at the stickies and didn't see it.

Thanks
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭Doge

WhoElse wrote: »
    Ps Move controllers. They were once cheap, and now are stupid prices. I have a psvr, and I almost regret it as I can't play some of the games I got, and 2 ps move controllers new cost half the price of the headset again.

Has anyone had any luck with cheap clones?
    Does anyone have recommendations where to get them?
    Even worst case, is anyone done with theirs and considering getting rid of them?

I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I looked at the stickies and didn't see it.

Thanks
    Mike

Do clones even exist? I've never seen them.

I'd say you'll just have to bite the bullet and get them at 80 Euro or else wait patiently for PSVR2 to come out if it ever does and pick them up cheap.

There's an Iron Man bundle with them also if you're finding it tough too found stock, so don't forget to search for that bundle also.

Had a search there myself... nothing new remotely available in the €80 bracket.

I think Cex are even charging €80 for a single used one! Mad.

Perhaps post a question on the Quest thread in case any people there have moved onto the Quest from PSVR and no longer use their Move controllers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

There was a good sale as the above poster mentioned with Iron man, before that they were even more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What's a good charger for the Move controllers?
    This one?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07P8TW4MR

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What's a good charger for the Move controllers?
    This one?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07P8TW4MR

I have that one and it's great. €17.99 at Smyths if you are interested in buying off them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Out of stock in Smyths. I was planning on picking the last 1 up from my local via click & Collect but then lockdown happened before I could order.
    Now wondering if it's just showing out of stock for click & collect for that reason. Looks like other things I check are also showing that

Is there anything more to the rumours of Resident Evil 8 having a VR mode (potentially later)?

I imagine its a hope and a wish more then anything.
    But I would say its a very easy implementation for them as 7 was already done and running on the same engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

A pair of the PS4 PS move controllers generally sell for around €160 online new, so headsup that both Smyths and Currys seem to have gotten stock in today. I was trying to get a deal on ebay (no joy) and ended up buying 2 new for €80 just there. Delighted!

I'm playing through Blood and Truth at the moment, it;s great fun, and I imagine ps move will make it much better. I've heard Hitman 3 is meant to be good for VR too.

WhoElse wrote: »
    A pair of the PS4 PS move controllers generally sell for around €160 online new, so headsup that both Smyths and Currys seem to have gotten stock in today. I was trying to get a deal on ebay (no joy) and ended up buying 2 new for €80 just there. Delighted!

I'm playing through Blood and Truth at the moment, it;s great fun, and I imagine ps move will make it much better. I've heard Hitman 3 is meant to be good for VR too.

No move support on hitman, uses lightbar on the controller. Meant to be epic, I was just no good at hitman 1.
    But the Moves make its so much more immersive.
    Get Beat Saber and Pistol Whip once you pick them up.

So I tried it and the tension got way too much for me. Perhaps I need to down a few shots before trying again :D

So I tried it and the tension got way too much for me. Perhaps I need to down a few shots before trying again :D

It's a fun one.
    I've enjoyed the small time I've had with it. Captures the world really well.
    Shows up the elements missing from onslaught.

Nothing like a little horror in VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Seeing as it's not posted in here yet. Here's the big news for PSVR fans. New headset set to release in the next year or two. Here's the official blog post....

First details on the next-generation VR system coming to the PS5 console.
    Hideaki Nishino
    Senior Vice President, Platform Planning & Management

More than four years ago, we launched PlayStation VR to offer a transformative new way to play games on PS4, providing a much stronger sense of presence and deeper immersion to players compared with traditional games. In that time, we’ve seen tremendous experiences that have propelled virtual reality gaming forward, including highly acclaimed titles like Astro Bot: Rescue Mission, Tetris Effect, Blood & Truth, Moss, Beat Saber, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard. We’ve also enhanced the experience for some PS VR titles when played on PS4 Pro and PlayStation 5.

Today I’m pleased to share that our next-generation VR system will be coming to PlayStation 5, enabling the ultimate entertainment experience with dramatic leaps in performance and interactivity. Players will feel an even greater sense of presence and become even more immersed in their game worlds once they put on the new headset.

We’re continuing to innovate with our new VR system so that our fans can continue to enjoy the unique experiences that are synonymous with PlayStation. We’re taking what we’ve learned since launching PS VR on PS4 to develop a next-gen VR system that enhances everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input. It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience.

One of the innovations we’re excited about is our new VR controller, which will incorporate some of the key features found in the DualSense wireless controller, along with a focus on great ergonomics. That’s just one of the examples of future-proof technology we’re developing to match our vision for a whole new generation of VR games and experiences.

There’s still a lot of development underway for our new VR system, so it won’t be launching in 2021. But we wanted to provide this early update to our fans, as the development community has started to work on creating new worlds for you to explore in virtual reality.

We also want to thank all of our PS VR players for your continued support — with upcoming games like After The Fall, Sniper Elite VR, and Humanity, there’s much more to come for PS VR whether you’re playing on PS4 or PS5. With both PlayStation VR and the next-generation VR system we’re building, our commitment to virtual reality as a medium for games is stronger than ever. We look forward to sharing more details in the future!

Well damn... might have to get a PS5 so.

Shame they went with a cord though, but excited to see where this goes.

• Advertisement

Im ok with the cord! I would love wireless
    But its a one wire setup we assume its to the headset! what if its one cable to a wireless processing box :P
    The usb c port on the front makes alot of sense now.

But with the haptics of the dualsense this will make VR amazing.

But PSVR on the PS5 is such and improvement with the basic headset already its kinda mind blowing and has me extremely excited for PSVR 2.

Advertisement