Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to get field cut.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

3000L sprayer,
    Zero grazer
    2nd slurry tanker
    A second real tractor not 'dini because a tractor jockey would not be seen dead in a 'dini
    A couple silage wagons
    loading shovel
    Diet feeder
    Headge cutter
    Third tractor definately not a'dini might be possible to find one 'dini jockey but not a second ask Reggie

Zero grazers are in demand in this area for about 4 weeks in April/early may and about 6 weeks in autumn.
    All the others, I would not consider (if I go down this route at all)

For some reason, there is very little call for fencing contracting in my area. It's a job farmers just do themselves

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

I am seriously thinking that if I want to be my own boss, that I should start out doing some of this stuff. It's prime area for it.
    Would need
    150hp tractor with loader or front linkage.
    Bale handlers.
    2 ton Fertiliser spreader with GPS

On the maybe list (or down the line) would be,
    Rake
    Trailing shoe

Jayus ks the hours are shocking at the crack,18 hour days and worse.i hear you ve been learning fthe trade though

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

K.G. wrote: »
    Jayus ks the hours are shocking at the crack,18 hour days and worse.i hear you ve been learning fthe trade though

Ah yeah. Did a few days (and nights after work) with the local guy. He has great gear in fairness.
    Ah, if the building trade picked up next year, I'd forget about any great ideas of small scale contracting.
    The gig I have in Clon at the moment would be nice if it was long term, but it's only till mid July.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

K.G. wrote: »

Do you not know that tractor jockey's live for these sort of stories to be told on the tall stool. Now admittedly the tall stool isn't available this year but

''Jayus lads had a rough one last week started at 5 in the morning, ( they will emphasize morning and be starting 30-60minutes earlier than what actually happened and visa versa at the other end) we were full throttle all day, barely got time to eat a bit, we did not finish until 2 the following morning Mahoney the ould hoor made the bossman cover the pit as part of the price. And do you know what we were started at 6 the following morning and it was full throttle until after midnight and the rest of the week was not much better. I had to.put down the foot to get for a few jars tonight''

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Ah yeah. Did a few days (and nights after work) with the local guy. He has great gear in fairness.
    Ah, if the building trade picked up next year, I'd forget about any great ideas of small scale contracting.
    The gig I have in Clon at the moment would be nice if it was long term, but it's only till mid July.

Theres been a steady flow out of the trade lin west cork ately and the fellas that are left are some operaters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement