Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭AllForIt

https://youtu.be/OwitkPBsHdo

Regardless of whether or not you like him, if this is the reason he is in jail, it is terrifying
    Anyone know what was the outcome inside the court or is it on going. That's where the real scumbags were,or are we missing the elephant in the room.

Absolutely. This is the real story here not so much the arrest.

Hard to comment without knowing the facts but if it is the case that reporting restrictions were in place for a sentencing of yet another Muslim grooming gang ostensibly to protect the victims - then this could be one hell of a story if it's true.

Whatever the motivations of TR if he has exposed this story then he is to congratulated for this if for nothing else.

Whatever ones opinion on Muslim immigration I don't see how anyone could ignore the seriousness of the prevalence of specifically Muslim grooming gangs. It is without doubt a story that absolutely needs to be highlighted and if there are those who think it shouldn't lest it might ignite racial hatred then we are in disagreement.

I realise we don't have the full facts surrounding the court case today and I'm eager to get hold of them. I'm actually hoping there are not as they have reported on this thread because if they are it's just shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Grayson wrote: »
    He's also a violent thug.

I'm just wondering how much your will to defend him.

hahahaha! and you yourself are always defending the violence of trucks driving over kids and suicide bombing !!

Well done ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Grayson wrote: »
    He's also a violent thug.

I'm just wondering how much your will to defend him.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

You called someone a racist, you've been asked to post one single quote attributed to Tommy Robinson to back up your claim and yet you simply cannot, why is that?

AllForIt wrote: »
    Absolutely. This is the real story here not so much the arrest.

Hard to comment without knowing the facts but if it is the case that reporting restrictions were in place for a sentencing of yet another Muslim grooming gang ostensibly to protect the victims - then this could be one hell of a story if it's true.

Whatever the motivations of TR if he has exposed this story then he is to congratulated for this if for nothing else.

Whatever ones opinion on Muslim immigration I don't see how anyone could ignore the seriousness of the prevalence of specifically Muslim grooming gangs. It is without doubt a story that absolutely needs to be highlighted and if there are those who think it shouldn't lest it might ignite racial hatred then we are in disagreement.

I realise we don't have the full facts surrounding the court case today and I'm eager to get hold of them. I'm actually hoping there are not as they have reported on this thread because if they are it's just shocking.

Great post
    No racism in it, all sensible.
    and all facts (that even the left can't deny)

Yet its quite telling the usual apologists for terror on here don't thank it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hang on then. The judge placed reporting restrictions around the case and Mr Lennon decided to report on it, with a suspended sentence hanging over his head?

We're not dealing with a brain surgeon here folks and he's no-one to blame but himself if he goes back inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

They knew kids were being raped and did nothing about it? And you know this how?

Are you seriously saying you've managed to avoid the news of scandals coming out of places like Rotherham and Telford?

The local councils and police forces were essentially allowing certain paedophile rings to operate unhindered as they were primarily composed of ethnic minorities and it would have been racist to arrest them.

It makes the Catholic Church abuses look tame in comparison as these rings were operating with the knowledge of the local government, local police and even child protection authorities and they all chose to take no action or prevent action from being taken and instituted coverups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭malinheader

Hang on then. The judge placed reporting restrictions around the case and Mr Lennon decided to report on it, with a suspended sentence hanging over his head?

We're not dealing with a brain surgeon here folks and he's no-one to blame but himself if he goes back inside.

The big question now seems to be why the judge would put reporting restrictions on the case. Only for Mr Lennon we wouldn't of had a clue what was going on. Still don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Oh Stephen, what shenanigans have you got up to this time you cheeky scamp.

100% not his fault again I'm sure

• Advertisement

Pero_Bueno wrote: »

Reporting. Restrictions.

Used by judges in cases whereby the case is one of sexual assault against children. Good old Mr Lennon has risked outing those kids and having a mistrial.

But you know, he got those YouTube clicks and riled up the muslamic Ray-gun crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

gw80 wrote: »
    Just saw the video, lots of cops there to arrest him, where were they when British children were being raped?

Making sure British people weren't making mean tweets about Muslims.

God,the West is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Reporting. Restrictions.

Used by judges in cases whereby the case is one of sexual assault against children. Good old Mr Lennon has risked outing those kids and having a mistrial.

But you know, he got those YouTube clicks and riled up the muslamic Ray-gun crowd.

You keep on repeating that muslamic ray gun meme like you think it makes you seem a relatively good person. You do realise it was a guy complaining (inarticulately) about Islamic rape gangs targeting the girls in his community, which has been verified by repeated convictions of such gangs around the UK.

Still trotting out the "muslamic ray-guns" meme in 2018...

Yeah, it doesn't look good however you slice it.

Reporting. Restrictions.

Which is why so many members of the media reporting outside the Paddy Jackson trial ended up in jail for breach of the peace, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Brilliant, another apologist for Islamofascism.

It's not that we're apologists.

It's that we know the ilk that Tommy Robinson is.

We know his type. The idea he's defending "us, the West" is laughable.

We're just rounded enough to be aware that Irish people were victimised by thugs like him for decades in Britain and nationalists in the North.

Were it not for Muslims Pero_Bueno, he still would be, evidenced by the anti-Irish background of the BNP, Edl, etc.

You don't think it's hypocritical for him to be an 'Ulster is British' lout, celebrate the British invasion of other countries..... and then gives out about the "Muslim invasion" !?????

No self respecting Irish person could tolerate a toe rag like Lennon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Who is Tommy Robinson?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Outside court... Tommy says to muslim have you any guilt over what you done?

Muslim: Nah just another bitch..

People need to know who these scumbags are.

Which is why so many members of the media reporting outside the Paddy Jackson trial ended up in jail for breach of the peace, right?

Jaysus Lionel Hutz would have nothing on you. There was no full reporting restriction on the Ulster rugby case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I just watched the video there. The police arrested him for breach of the peace, they didn’t mention anything about reporting restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sounds like Tommy got hit by those muslamic ray-guns.

Muslamic Ray Guns haha remember that dim sounding fella said that on the Youtube video a few years ago. Ha ha. How we chuckled. Except he was really saying 'rape gangs' and he was fcuking correct. Yes, real funny.

• Advertisement

Jaysus Lionel Hutz would have nothing on you. There was no full reporting restriction on the Ulster rugby case.

He wasn't arrested for ignoring reporting restrictions, he was arrested for breach of the peace.

Do you seriously think that reporting restrictions prevent people from making a video on a public street outside a court? He was giving the public details of the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No self respecting Irish person could tolerate a toe rag like Lennon.

He at least tries to back up what he says. You were asked who he's racist against. You answered Arabs, for some reason. Where did you pull that from? You were asked to provide proof of same, time and time again. Have you any links you could share with us to show us that he hates Arabs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

"I just saw a someone planting a time bomb, or as a Muslim woman calls it, having a baby".

https://resistinghate.org/tommy-robinson-and-his-hate-tweets/

I mean what a rebel against the establishment is Tommy.

And I hear it's OK not to think he's BNP, EDL, pond scum...... sure isn't his mother Irish.

What's racist about that? How's that racist? Islam isn't a race, it's a religion and Islamophobia is just a made-up word, like all the other words. How are the BNP racist? Are the EDL suddenly racist now? Are these my feet?

Can someone tell me, how is this racist?

Bxf_u_QCcAAlnVf.jpg

Nothing is ever racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

The story of Tommy Robinson in the UK should strike fear into everyone regardless of whether you like the guy or not.
    If you can be arrested, tried and sentenced for dissenting opinion in a matter of three hours, you don't have due process and you certainly don't have freedom. The press are also forbidden to report the story. The whole thing sounds like something out of 1984.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Den14 wrote: »
    The story of Tommy Robinson in the UK should strike fear into everyone regardless of whether you like the guy or not.
    If you can be arrested, tried and sentenced for dissenting opinion in a matter of three hours, you don't have due process and you certainly don't have freedom. The press are also forbidden to report the story. The whole thing sounds like something out of 1984.

Very true. I used to hate the chap with an absolute passion until the grooming gangs were uncovered and everything he said about them turned out to be true. Also the fact that there were more investigations into him and the EDL than there were about the gangs just proved his point even further.

As Douglas Murray said about Tommy and I'm paraphrasing here

"I don't particularly agree with Mr. Robinson on many issues but the fact remains he has been vindicated by the horrific revelations that have come out and I for one, am bloody grateful that the man was willing to risk his safety and reputation to shout from the rooftops about this issue. It has also come to light that the police services were more than happy to arrest the fathers of rape victims who were on the verge of murdering their abusers after being told by the very same police officers that there was nothing to be done. They were denied the right to see their daughters abusers face due process for their crimes yet there was no hesitation in arresting them for their rage against those that very much deserved it.

I find it astonishing that the man to get due process for those victims was not a police officer of the court but, in the eyes of the left, a racist football hooligan. As a gay man I find the bending over backwards to islamofascists by liberals in this country to be an insidious traitorous ideology. While Tommy may have a spotty past and certain views which I find questionable, I highly doubt he would have me thrown off a rooftop for being gay unlike the same men his critics are so ardent to defend. If they got their way, I would be very much in danger simply for being alive and being who I am, while they proclaim to be the de-facto protectors of gay people in this country. It is a laughable state of affairs for the left in this country when they are ignoring the elephant in the room because a chihuahua dares to bark at it. They will spend more time attempting to muzzle and silence a tiny dog than to deal with a crisis rampaging toward them. They are experts at attacking the secondary problems but when it comes to the primary concerns or the source of the problem they are nowhere to be found or purposely silent. I wonder why that is...."

When I heard Murray say that about him I realised myself that maybe he wasn't the monster the media made him out to be and that I believed him to be. Did a little research into him with fresh open eyes and he turned out to be a typical blokey kind of guy who made lewd jokes and some very serious points on the way British society was moving. I highly suggest anyone who demonize him to look at his oxford union presentation and see what he actually means. If he can sway the liberal oxford crowd then maybe he's not the boogeyman the media would have you believe he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Den14 wrote: »

Very true. I used to hate the chap with an absolute passion until the grooming gangs were uncovered and everything he said about them turned out to be true. Also the fact that there were more investigations into him and the EDL than there were about the gangs just proved his point even further.

As Douglas Murray said about Tommy and I'm paraphrasing here

"I don't particularly agree with Mr. Robinson on many issues but the fact remains he has been vindicated by the horrific revelations that have come out and I for one, am bloody grateful that the man was willing to risk his safety and reputation to shout from the rooftops about this issue. It has also come to light that the police services were more than happy to arrest the fathers of rape victims who were on the verge of murdering their abusers after being told by the very same police officers that there was nothing to be done. They were denied the right to see their daughters abusers face due process for their crimes yet there was no hesitation in arresting them for their rage against those that very much deserved it.

I find it astonishing that the man to get due process for those victims was not a police officer of the court but, in the eyes of the left, a racist football hooligan. As a gay man I find the bending over backwards to islamofascists by liberals in this country to be an insidious traitorous ideology. While Tommy may have a spotty past and certain views which I find questionable, I highly doubt he would have me thrown off a rooftop for being gay unlike the same men his critics are so ardent to defend. If they got their way, I would be very much in danger simply for being alive and being who I am, while they proclaim to be the de-facto protectors of gay people in this country. It is a laughable state of affairs for the left in this country when they are ignoring the elephant in the room because a chihuahua dares to bark at it. They will spend more time attempting to muzzle and silence a tiny dog than to deal with a crisis rampaging toward them. They are experts at attacking the secondary problems but when it comes to the primary concerns or the source of the problem they are nowhere to be found or purposely silent. I wonder why that is...."

When I heard Murray say that about him I realised myself that maybe he wasn't the monster the media made him out to be and that I believed him to be. Did a little research into him with fresh open eyes and he turned out to be a typical blokey kind of guy who made lewd jokes and some very serious points on the way British society was moving. I highly suggest anyone who demonize him to look at his oxford union presentation and see what he actually means. If he can sway the liberal oxford crowd then maybe he's not the boogeyman the media would have you believe he is.

To a certain extent In agree with you, but he could do without they look the next Twitter Pakistani jokes and mortgage fraud.

If a Muslim had the same rapsheet Tommy has, Tommy works be demanding his deportarion on the grounds of immorality.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

frag420 wrote: »
    It seems that tart Tommy Robinson aint as cunning as our friend Baldrick...

As cunning as a fox that’s been made Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

& one for luck...
    A war hasn’t been fought this badly since Olaf The Hairy, king of Vikings ordered 10,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside

It pisses me off that some people can't separate their feelings towards a person and how that person is treated by the police or government.

You have to have the brain capacity of a wombat to look at that video of his breaching the peace arrest and then think "It's ok because he's a thug racist."

People who applaud it ensure it will continue happening, but who knows where your opinions will lie in the future. You might not always have the social moral highground protecting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭fash

Sounds like Tommy got hit by those muslamic ray-guns.
    Or "rape gangs" if you understand the original speaker's dialect on that one. No need to ridicule the concerns of a person regarding young girls in their community based on their accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

No fan boy of Tommy but I do think it's deeply worrying how quick the establishment are hell bent on silencing him while religious hate preachers , in particular Muslim ones , seem to get a free pass. And no one can deny that he was warning about these grooming gangs long before any action was taken against the perpetrators. Don't necessarily like his methods but sometimes the man on the street needs to be listened too. I am in no way a racist and have a greeting for everyone.i have no time for any religion but would defend anybodys right to practice. However I do find Islam very concerning and to be honest I have a young daughter and would be very very concerned if she came home in 10 years time and told me she was marrying a Muslim. This is not to say all Muslims are bad people but I do believe the religion they follow is extremely flawed in its moral teachings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement