Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you jump?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

Yes - It's an awful long walk back down if I didn't. Ironically it would be my laziness that would help me get the job done.... Eventually... But I imagine most of the lights would be off and the car park would be empty, and just one yellow shirt guy/gal waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'd say a lot of irish people don't jump. I did a bungy in nz last year and there was an Irish guy working there. Apparently the Irish and the Chinese are the worst two nations for refusing to jump when they get there. Id well believe it too, took me about 5 mins to jump (lean forward enough to fall)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I've done it, the pain in the knackers after is a bastard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

**** yea, leave me at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I can't swim, so I'm going to answer NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Picture Mr Bean, female, not even getting off the ladder onto the platform.
    Nope.

It is even doubtful if I would get to the top of that ladder in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

F*ck that.

I've bungee jumped many a time and I've parachuted from a plane three times,

But id need a helicopter rescue from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'm so **** scared of heights I think I'm going to pass out if I have to stand on a chair :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I admire that older lady who finally jumps @8m.28s ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Not a chance.. You would not get me up there to start with.

I don't know why, but I only got scared of heights in my mid 20's. I worked as a tree surgeon and had no issue climbing 50ft trees with a chainsaw.

Not now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I've done it before as part of a test, so I know I'd do it again.

Funny the way the guy with the tattoos at the end wouldn't do it; and the couple about 5 minutes in where the guy took ages but the girl just went ahead almost straight away.

Great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah I'd jump. I've done it before.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    **** yea, leave me at it
    There's a 10m platform out in the NAC in blanch. Off you go, only €7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm terrified of heights but falling into water? Absolutely no problem with that. I'd jump :) I think......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Scared of heights and I recently got vertigo standing on my tiptoes cleaning a window :o So no, I wouldn't make it up the ladder even.

Weirdly enough though I have done a skydive with no problems at all. There's something about being 13,000ft up that tricked my brain into not being as scared as I would at 13ft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Absolutely not. I even feel dizzy looking at the canal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

we used to jump into the blessington resivour from the bridge

http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record&county=WI&regno=16303027

ive jumped from a high dive in torquay somewhere yers ago i don't think it was 10m but its a matter of trusting the design i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

Yep, I jumped off a 12m waterfall in Vietnam last year, took me ages to jump though, can relate to the guy in the video because I also had shaky knees,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

That little girl at 1:30! " Let's do this ..... " Slap, slap, slap, Plunge! :D Respect!!! That was mental as all f**k!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I love heights and I love doing big jumps into water.

Check the record 59-metre waterfall jump (with extra takes to aerate the water more) and also http://reddit.com/r/sweatypalms if you're into heights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I read half the thread before posts I watched the vid and had decided I wouldn't jump without knowing what it was.

I would definitely go up the ladder. And ultimately I would most likely jump but I would take ages to do it and there would be a lot of "almost" jumping before I actually did. And when I did it once I'd want to do it four more times.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Linus does diplomacy like a boss!
    "I'm just going to tune you out. No, you go ahead and talk, I just won't be present"

Not sure if I'd jump. I did a 17m belly flop off a cliff before and got a concussion and amnesia. Kind of turned me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I wouldn't jump because I can't swim. I wouldn't go back down the steps because I'm afraid of heights and hate narrow steps. I'd probably die up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Might as well jump. Jump!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've stood on the middle one before and had to turn around and go back down the ladder. I was about 15 at the time.

I'd be interested to see how I'd cope now though, I guess that mankes me a maybe sort of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I've done 12m jumps coasteering, so I guess so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I would love to but honestly think I would struggle even with the 5m one.
    Enjoyable little documentary though, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

Not a hope in hell although I wouldn't of even went up in the first place :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'd like to think I would, but it would be a long boring video until I get mentally prepared for it!
    I'd find it alot easier going 3m, 5m then 10m than just walking to the top.

Fair dues to that old lady, she stopped herself on the ladder.
    That kid was heroic though, few deep breaths, run and jump!

Advertisement