Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you jump?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Best course of action would be to climb up and jump off without looking, surely taking the time to study the height would screw your head.

I would say yes I would jump, think it would be a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes i'd jump

.................i'd jump on that woman at the end doing the back flip (fine body);)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I remember we used to jump off the bridge in Ardnacrusha. Always seemed taller. Here's someone else doing. it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NCSPAXTOBY

How tall you reckon that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I did a 10mtr jump once when I was a teenager in Portugal trying to impress the topless birds around the pool. Of course non took any notice of my extreme whiteness hitting the pool. The one thing I vividly remember is that I didn't point my feet when I hit the water and the soles of my feet felt like someone whacked them viciously with a paddle!

Even though heights scare the hell out of me I'd do it again :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭RicePat

Not into water and not on camera in my cacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Yes,I did it when I was about 13 years old, I remember being really excited by the thought of it from down at the pool side, but it was very different when you are up there. I think I did it half a dozen times including doing a couple of running jumps. Don't think I dived, but I was trying to psych myself up for it and I think my common sense talked me out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

If I was up there on my own. Not a hope.

If the slow mo girl at the end was standing behind me waiting to jump, I'd be like Michael Phelps

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Agricola wrote: »
    If I was up there on my own. Not a hope.

If the slow mo girl at the end was standing behind me waiting to jump, I'd be like Michael Phelps

Hadn't seen that, worth a look. :D

To save me 16 minutes, were there any good belly flops? Cannonballs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I read half the thread before posts I watched the vid and had decided I wouldn't jump without knowing what it was.

I would definitely go up the ladder. And ultimately I would most likely jump but I would take ages to do it and there would be a lot of "almost" jumping before I actually did. And when I did it once I'd want to do it four more times.

I've done it a few times and I am the same way. Go up, start to freak out, pace a bit, decide to jump, freak out again, finally jump. Hit the water and think, I need to do that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Suspect swimsuit choice by the first girl on the right, given the situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've done it before, so yeah probably. It was in Thailand and there was a 10m high cliff that we were told was safe to jump off. I had second thoughts at the top, but after climbing up sharp rocks in my bare feet I wasn't going to climb back down, so once the first couple of lads started jumping and didn't die I followed them. It was great fun in the end which took the fear out of it. I'd say the knees would still be knocking a bit if I tried it again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

good video prob would jump,but would be more like soldier jump technique where you put your arms legs together and feet down.
    once watching video its easy to get imagine what people think,since the longer one waits,lingers etc the more nervous one becomes,as opposed to going straight down without second thought starts running in the head.

them extreme height videos would be for someone who would be professional swimmer,diver since hitting water from such high theres only few positions one can land in without suffering broken ribs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

No not in a million years would I jump. I hate heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I've jumped off of more ten metre boards that I can remember. Once you've done it a few times, it's no big deal.

Advertisement