Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time as an adult visiting a hairdresser product prices

Options
  • 08-12-2020 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everyone - due to financial reasons, I have never visited a hair salon. A few years ago I started bleaching my hair at home, and recently have damaged my hair pretty bad in parts at the back of my head. I want to have my hair coloured as close to my natural hair as possible. I have a consultation to discuss in a day or so a treatment plan going forward - my question is - how much will the products be estimately of what I'll be needing, such as the shampoo - €20 or so conditioner, other treatments etc etc what should I expect at the till when buying the products I will be needing to rebuild my hair? Total newbie. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kitkat275

I usually buy the products recommended by the stylist online, you can save money buying the salon brands like Kerastase and redken etc on websites like lookfantastic. They can be pretty expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

More than 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Products will be expensive but the treatment you are having to repair your hair will do a lot on the day & the good products shampoos & conditioners will last a long time as you only use a little its an investment in yourself ! Go for it .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Products will be expensive but the treatment you are having to repair your hair will do a lot on the day & the good products shampoos & conditioners will last a long time as you only use a little its an investment in yourself ! Go for it .

Yeah, with good hair products literally use a little more than a pea size and I can lather my whole head. Actually probably works out cheaper than when I bought ****e shampoo etc in dealz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

If you cant afford to have your hair bleached blonde then dont go blonde. Its such an expensive process getting your hair that light without causing damage and the upkeep every month is another expense that needs to be paid.
    If youre trying to fix the damage, you can go for an Olaplex treatment but the only real fix is to cut off the damaged/bleached hair and let your natural hair grow out. I dont think anyone here can five an estimate of how much you should expect to pay as it depends on what colour you want to go, the shade of blond you already are, damage ect..
    Your scalp and hair follicles might still be damaged from the bleach so any new hair growth will be thin, dull & dry until your scalp & follicles heal. During this process you should be using good quality hair products that are costly, for example a conditioner alone could cost you 20 - 50 euro.
    You will likely be recommended a good quality shampoo, conditioner & leave in treatment to use once a week, they will normally last a month if you get a standard size bottle, the conditioner will last 2 weeks depending on the length & thickness of your hair. You'll need regular hair trims every 4 - 6 weeks.
    This could cost you 100+ a month.
    Id recommend that you pay the money to fix your hair and when you have it back to reasonable health you will no longer have to use the expensive products so in the long run you wont be paying so much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement