Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any credible conspiracy theories?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,073 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

You're well able to read it for yourself, the efficiency of the vaccines are being discussed in one of the covid forums. There's posters explaining to posters like your self that you're wrong about the efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You guys were claiming that the vaccines were killing millions of people, making millions more infertile, implanting everyone with secret nanotech and rewriting DNA to allow people to become cyborgs. And that this was all part of a global satanic plot that supernaturally predicted by magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

No one I know was "arguing for the complete shutdown of society". This is a gaslighting technique used by people with extreme beliefs. These individuals create some generalization of something, leave out all context, then accuse others of having that position.

You see conspiracies everywhere you can't explain, but you are unable to comprehend the issue could be you. Thinking like that involves Olympic levels of narcissism.

• Advertisement

That's the inherent draw of conspiracy theories.

It lets people pretend and roleplay that they and they alone have figured out the truth behind everything and they're super special now.

That's why they get so upset when you ask them questions they can't answer. It ruins the illusion. Same when you point out that the super secret special information they're getting is being fed to them by someone making money off them.

Communists didn't take over Ireland, the restrictions didn't remain permanent, a corpo-fascist one world government didn't take over, governments didn't start systematically destroying their economies to usher in some new dystopia, none of the garbage I saw written in here came true.

Sorry to be blunt but this is an amorphous blob of stupidity, it's unsurprising these types of people were against masks, vaccines and every other common sense measure in a pandemic. There's no normal objective criticism of government actions like the rest of us, nope, it's a herd of paranoid "sheep" who get hysterical over straightforward medical advice and get apoplectic over normal measures, gleaning their "information" from loon social media, going mental over a handful of vaccine injuries/deaths whilst not giving a toss about millions dying from a preventable infectious disease. All the time spreading pathological lies about the details, whilst gaslighting that "everyone else" is doing it, medical professionals everywhere, all of science, all of the media in the same giant conspiracy they can never explain or support.

I remember when the same types were in here going mental about Fukushima, FEMA "death camps", Swine Flu, etc, etc. It will never change, paranoid people unable or unwilling to process reality through anything but a paranoid prism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Squatman

thats cos he wasnt allowed outside the 5k radius

Well, according to Bill Gates it was only a bit worse than the flu..

There were a lot here throwing abuse at anyone who had an issue with it..

• Advertisement

You said "your arguments about the efficiency of the vaccines are being torn asunder in one of the Covid threads"

I called that lies.

You're now changing that to "Posters like myself" in "one of the covid forums" and that I'm "wrong about the efficiency", despite never having said a single word to you about vaccine efficiency. Would you like to withdraw that statement now, given that you have admitted you weren't talking about me but about posters like me, please?

It's almost like you just pulled that accusation out of your hole to try and deflect away from the fact that I called you out for using words which you quite clearly do not understand. Almost.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,073 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Why do you get your medical advice from a computer nerd?

I've been abused to high hell here, labelled a troll more times than I can count, been called a shill constantly. It's part and parcel of "debating" reason with people who are impervious to reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What's interesting is that there's lots of conspiracies to actually discuss but they aren't "big" enough or happen to hurt their heroes (trump or putin usually) that they don't come up.

trump took lots of documents, he varied between saying he returned them, they were planted, to he declassified them, why did he take them in the first place, there must be something conspiratorial going on there (new_world_order for all their faults usually had "the plan" in place).

boris enriched tory supporters with PPE contracts using public money while thousands died.

putin is calling everyone in the world nazis and is shutting off energy and waging a "special operation".

3 big things happening yet no alternate reasons being put behind it (bar CQD and signature).

Even with the moon, there is lots of "slightly more credible" things that can be looked at. Did the Soviets lose any cosmonauts, did they get close to the moon themselves, is there any hidden activities that occurred on the moon.

Lots of fun things to discuss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Wow, those are good ones. I expect the regulars on this forum who want to find out the truth to start researching right away and start threads on each of those topics.

What's special knowing something that everyone else is aware of?

Conspiracy theorists want to feel special, like they have "secret" information that others don't have. So they can go down the pub and bamboozle a stranger with 9/11 talking points and feel "smart". Hence all these absurd fantastical conspiracies on this forum and very few real ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

Wait a sec, he could be on to something. Next time I'm havbing trouble with my computer, I'll take it to the doctor...

OK here's conspiracy theory, although I guess it won't be news to many. I'm not saying I believe it, and I can't remember where I read it so apologies for not providing a source. It is, however, pretty specific.

1. Trump attended Epstein parties and Epstein was in the habit of secretly filmy his guests "in action" with very young guests.
    2. After Eptsien's death, these tapes or at least the ones involving Trump went abroad, can't remember how, and ended up in Moscow.
    3. At a summit, Trump and Putin meet alone with only an interpreter in the room with them. Now comes the most speculative bit...
    4. Putin tells Trump he has the tapes, and what is required of him to keep them secret. A photo shows Putin exiting the room looking very happy with himself, while Trump looks quite deflated.
    5. Trump then declares Putin to be his best buddy whom he trusts more than the CIA and FBI.
    6. Trump takes secret documents with him when he leaves the White House, many of which have presumably since found their way to Moscow

Knowing the characters of the individuals involved I'd say it's pretty plausible, but of course that doesn't make it true.

Makes sense, explains the Q Anon conspiracy. Project your glorious leader’s weaknesses on to your enemies.

• Advertisement

I never even thought of the QAnon angle, but if fits with the Republicans' habit of every accusation being a tacit confession.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,180 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I thought putin already had the pee tapes from trumps time in a moscow hotel room prior to running for president?

This conspiracy has all the usual people going crazy, of course not

https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-bannon-turns-himself-build-134315046.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,180 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Its related to one of their hero’s and so they won’t even acknowledge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

There's a lot of significance to 9/11 in Florida. Due to political pressure to blame bin Laden or general coverup,the FBI ignored a lot of key anomalies.

There are plenty of eyewitnesses to Mohammed Atta meeting with Europeans. One of Atta closest friends was shaddy character named Wolfgang Borhringer. Ninety-nine percent of people who think they know 9/11 haven't heard of this guy?. However, he was one of Atta's closest friends. Wolfgang was known Nazi and gangster. He was also a pilot. Wolfgang is mainly involved in high stakes international crime stuff that politicians and governments would be interested in (gun running drugs coups) Atta's friend piece of the puzzle that the mainstream overlooked.

I posted a documentary about this years ago, but skeptics never watched it. Huffman aviation was basically bankrupt one year before 14 of 19 hijackers showed up there. Rudi Dekkers got a shitload of money from dodgy players to get that shitschool back up and running. Rudi Dekkers was protected by someone because the man has drug running and high end computer chip theft convictions. It reminds me of the Barry Seal story, where the CIA set up bogus airports to run drugs from South America to the U.S. What is the connection between the hijackers and this CIA/International black ops school?

"Are there any credible conspiracy theories?"

"Yes, obviously. Don't be a sheep."

"Can you point to some example?"

"Well the moon landings were fake and 9/11 was done with super secret silent explosives by super secret Nazis."

"ummm... ok. How about this story about a presidential advisor running an investment scam?"

<Deathly silence....>

Just trying to keep up with this one. You're saying the Jews (Silverstein, Mossad), "Nazis" (anyone German you can find) and the Saudi's all worked together with Al Qaeda terrorists, and the US president, to pull off 9/11 as an inside job?

Yeah but don't forget, it could have been done with very few people. 😁

• Advertisement

16 over a weekend according to cheerful.

One of which had to be Larry Silverstein who wasn't busy being 70 year old real estate guy, was apparently trained in secret experimental demolition explosives.

Advertisement