Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumped on Tinder there again recently

Options
  • 15-05-2020 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

And let me tell you, there's a lot of women named Bruna on there. And they all have at least one photo of themselves standing under those umbrellas in South Anne Street - and no, it isn't the same Bruna over and over and over again. You'd swear they'd never seen an umbrella before and, being from Brazil, maybe they hadn't. There isn't much precipitation in them there parts of the globe I don't think.

I saw quite a few ladies called Marta as well, minus the H. If I'm honest, there's actually about a million Brazilian women in Dublin lads, going by Tinder.

I matched with one - who is neither a Bruna or a Marta incidentally - and she seems nice, but I know of a guy who's married to a Brazilian and he doesn't like it apparently. He's the only person she knows in the entire continent, so you can see how that would get a bit claustrophobic for him. Then again, he married the girl. I haven't messaged mine yet; not because I'm such a stud and working through a bigger backlog than the Mater hospital right now, but because I'm not a huge fan of big booties and this girl does have a set of buns on her, let me tell you. I know a lot of lads love them - even white boys - but they do nothing for me. I've no time for Cardi B or Nicki Minaj aesthetically or musically speaking, with the exception of Super Bass.

And who knows, maybe she wouldn't even like me. She swiped right obviously but that doesn't mean a great deal. I could upload a photo of a chest of drawers and start swiping away and I'd get matches eventually.

I don't have as many matches as I would've liked, but my profile is fairly bland - a bit like a chest of drawers actually. Few nice photos (in my opinion) but zero by way of bio. It adds personality and that's important. I swiped right on a woman I didn't fancy just because she had a Father Ted quote in the aul bio, and then I did fancy her a bit more. It's weird how it works.

But yeah, a lot of Brazilians over here lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Her arse will look smaller if she faces you while you both maintain social distancing.

From Monday on of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Tinder is useful as something to do on your phone while you take a shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭pgj2015

In my experience Brazilian women in Ireland are only interested in you if you have money. I met one after a night out in Dublin as a student, she was all over me, started texting me the next few days, then found out I was a student and never text back. this happened a bit when I was a student but then when i started making a few quid they show a lot more interest.

I could be wrong though.

Tinder in its prime (c.2013/14/15) was the dog's bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Are they all looking to get married to dopey Irish lads for residency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,160 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The passport thing was fun when it was free for a while. Some 45 year old India woman wanted me to move over there any marry here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I fancy a Marilyn Monroe. Can you download a Marilyn Monroe lookalike off that yoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have definitely had the same Bruna over and over and over again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Brazilian women on Tinder tend to just be on it to improve their english.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Tinder in its prime (c.2013/14/15) was the dog's bollocks.

That explains why all those dick pics looked a little off. And red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Re the umbrellas and rain...it rains more in most parts of Brazil than even the most miserable god-forsaken parts of north-west Ireland. The blistering sun sucks it back up fairly quickly though.

Nice arses all the same. I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

South American women age horrendously, she will be looking like Sitting Bull within ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Are they all looking to get married to dopey Irish lads for residency?

Brazilians don’t need it, they can get EU residency/ citizenship through Portugal handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

This is really ...racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Brazilians don’t need it, they can get EU residency/ citizenship through Portugal handy enough

Not true, if it were, there’d be 10s of millions of them coming to EU.

Truth is unless their parents have an eu passport (usually Portugal, Italy or Germany), they're probably buggered. Just because grandpa was from Faro or Napoli doesn’t mean easy street for a Brazilian coming here. Most come here on dodgy student visas for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

This post is bordering on racist. Started by an immature manchild with superficial priorities. I hope you find the person you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Super Bass a tune in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

This is really ...racist.

It isn't though is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

OP's right though. Tinder nowadays is just Irish girls using it to boost their Instagram followings, and Brazilians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Hammer89 wrote: »
    But yeah, a lot of Brazilians over here lads.

Yep there has been for some time, nice people. The ladies are pretty easy to talk to too..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Maybe it's just me but as a black guy I get a lot of "artsy" types of women interested in me who dye their hair all colours of the rainbow and are quite chubby compared to the conventionally attractive white women.

But then again, the most feminine women go for the most masculine men and I can't really say that about myself. I'm quite effeminate looking, scrappy hair, and only 5ft 5in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

South American women age horrendously, she will be looking like Sitting Bull within ten years.

Gabriela Sabatini disagrees with you strongly.

Don't they have a rain forest?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

As a Canadian who had Irish lads enquiring about my passport, F the hypocrisy of this thread.

As a Canadian who had Irish lads enquiring about my passport, F the hypocrisy of this thread.

Unless the one person on this thread saying they're looking for a passport was the same person talking to you on tinder then it's not really hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

But then again, the most feminine women go for the most masculine men and I can't really say that about myself. I'm quite effeminate looking, scrappy hair, and only 5ft 5in.

You're like Maris in Frasier. Always have a different physical description so it becomes impossible to cast you

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Unless the one person on this thread saying they're looking for a passport was the same person taking to you on tinder then it's not really hypocrisy.

You are technically correct but miss the point, which is people will try to marry locals in desirable countries and Irish people abroad aren't immune to this as I've witnessed first hand in Australia and Canada.

You are technically correct but miss the point, which is people will try to marry locals in desirable countries and Irish people abroad aren't immune to this as I've witnessed first hand in Australia and Canada.

"Technically correct" AKA Correct.

Don't try to move the goalposts by telling me I missed your point, which you've now watered down from "F the hypocrisy in this thread" to "people who move to a country may marry locals there".

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    "Technically correct" AKA Correct.

Don't try to move the goalposts by telling me I missed your point, which you've now watered down from "F the hypocrisy in this thread" to "people who move to a country may marry locals there".

I'm not moving the goalposts by clarifying my point.

• Advertisement

Stop digging

Advertisement