Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-03-2018, 01:14   #61
garrettod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMoose View Post
DeGiro claim that the delay in hitting my account is due to anti-money laundering procedures. You'd swear I was transferring millions
That's interesting, as I was told something very similar with regards to why it was taking so long to apply my funds after receipt (from an Irish bank, to an Irish broker).

Given we are existing account holders, they have our ID on file, I'd love to know what exactly they are doing (if anything)?
Advertisement
08-03-2018, 17:21   #62
tod1982

if I am buying a share @ say $2.70 and want to minimise losses - what type of order do I input. Say if the price is falling and I want to set it to sell @ $2.60

Also when selling if a share is at $3.00 and I want to take a profit at a minimum of $2.90 - can I set up an order so that the position I hold will be automatically sold once the share price hits $2.90
11-03-2018, 12:54   #63
pluto_322

Quote:
Originally Posted by tod1982 View Post
if I am buying a share @ say $2.70 and want to minimise losses - what type of order do I input. Say if the price is falling and I want to set it to sell @ $2.60

Also when selling if a share is at $3.00 and I want to take a profit at a minimum of $2.90 - can I set up an order so that the position I hold will be automatically sold once the share price hits $2.90

To minimise losses: use Sell Option; Order Type : Stop Loss and enter price [$2.60].

To take profit @ $2.90: use Sell; Order Type : Limit Order & enter price $2.90
12-03-2018, 11:47   #64
mansoff

Bear in mind if the market is quiet for your stock with the stop loss, they will see your stop loss order and if they price is going to go up they will first drive the price down to sell to you at your stop loss price and then allow the price to go up. If the market is busy you have nothing to worry about as too many trades are happening simultaneously.
Thanks from:
14-03-2018, 08:08   #65
Roberto_gas

Anyone has a referral code for degiro pls pm me...cheers...
Advertisement
14-03-2018, 08:14   #66
Cute Hoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
Anyone has a referral code for degiro pls pm me...cheers...
Why do you need a referral code Roberto, and I don't see a referral code option, there is an email invitation which you can use, pm me your email address if you want me to invite you, not sure if you gain out of it.
14-03-2018, 08:19   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Hoor View Post
Why do you need a referral code Roberto, and I don't see a referral code option, there is an email invitation which you can use, pm me your email address if you want me to invite you, not sure if you gain out of it.
That email invitation bonus comes with so many t&c' s it's ridiculous
14-03-2018, 08:50   #68
Cute Hoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolving_doors View Post
That email invitation bonus comes with so many t&c' s it's ridiculous
Hadn't looked at it to be honest.
14-03-2018, 11:13   #69
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Hoor

Ohh ok just read somewhere u get €20 using invite..might have been an old post...if no benefit i would avoid doing it...cheers.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-04-2018, 12:02   #70
Taylor365

Anyone any idea whats going on here?
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (6.4 KB, 179 views)
02-04-2018, 22:01   #71
eggerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor365 View Post
Anyone any idea whats going on here?
I think it’s related to the following, but I stand to be corrected. They sent an email recently with the same info available on this page: https://www.degiro.ie/about-degiro/cashfunds.html

“DEGIRO is not a bank but an investment firm. In the Netherlands investment firms are not allowed to hold money of clients. Therefore, when you become a client of DEGIRO, you give a standing order to invest money in money market funds (the FundShare Cash Funds). Hence, at DEGIRO you do not hold money. For every currency available in the WebTrader, a separate money market fund is available. The objective of the money market funds is to realise a return that is equal to the market interest rate with as low a risk as possible. An additional advantage to the low risk, is that your Cash Fund participations, just like your other investments, are kept strictly separate from the assets of DEGIRO.”
Thanks from:
06-04-2018, 23:59   #72
Value Investor

Thank you for all the advice here, just signed up with DeGiro today.
19-04-2018, 19:38   #73
Taylor365

Question: What happens when you are charged an annual connection fee, but don't have any 'cash funds'?
20-04-2018, 00:25   #74
eggerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor365 View Post
Question: What happens when you are charged an annual connection fee, but don't have any 'cash funds'?
It’s only applied when you go to trade so it is calculated into the fees at trade execution.
23-04-2018, 16:11   #75
the explorer

Is it straightforward to make a withdrawal of funds from Degiro? Is there a KYC like with the bookies involving passport scans etc.?

Also, would anyone know if regular deposits would be flagged in the same way as gambling when it comes to applying for a mortgage? (I know investing is not gambling, just wondering how the banks would treat it)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion