Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
06-03-2013, 17:59   #1
Dolph Starbeam
Registered User
 
Dolph Starbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,321
The Golf Tips Thread

Think it might be a good idea to just have the one thread for all the golf tips and talk instead of having a new thread each weekend.
Dolph Starbeam is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-03-2013, 18:00   #2
Dolph Starbeam
Registered User
 
Dolph Starbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,321
WGC Cadillac Championship -

Jason Day - 1.0 Pts e/w @ 40/1
He has had a good start to the year and played ok here last year finishing just inside the top 20. Due a win and this course should set up ok for him. Didn't play last weekend so he should be fresh and ready.

Keegan Bradley - 1.0 Pts e/w @ 25/1
Another man that has had a decent start to the season but hasn't quiet fired on all cylinders yet. He got a place last week at the Honda and should have been a few strokes better. If he gets his putter working he will be right up there.

Russell Henley - 0.5 Pts e/w @ 100/1
Again another man to have a good start to the season and already has a win under his belt. For a man so good with the putter I think 100/1 is a great price. Just missed out on a place last weekend.


Puerto Rico Open -

I haven't really done much research for this one but will have a couple bets, a quick look at the odds and Brendon de Jonge @ 22/1 and Ben Kohles @ 80/1 look like decent bets to me.
Dolph Starbeam is offline  
06-03-2013, 22:47   #3
bobwilliams
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,044
I backed matt Every in Peurto Rico,win only @50/1

Also did 2 e/w bets on David Hearn@125/1 and Justin Hicks @66/1

In the big one i backed Hunter @28/1 win only and Molinari e/w at 90/1,might add another before 1 tomorrow.

My local bookies is an independant,they have priced up 'no hole in one' in Puerto Rico @evs,looking at the par 3's here that looks a great price,they're all around the 200 yard mark.
Anyone got any thoughts on that?
bobwilliams is offline  
06-03-2013, 22:52   #4
Degag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 8,094
Went with Phil, Dufner and Colsaerts in the States.
Degag is offline  
06-03-2013, 22:59   #5
superfurry1
Registered User
 
superfurry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,181
Cant believe Ernie Els is available at 80-1 at the blue monster has won twice here over the years and should go nicely.

Last edited by superfurry1; 07-03-2013 at 13:14. Reason: 80-1 odds instead of 66-1
superfurry1 is offline  
Advertisement
06-03-2013, 23:01   #6
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilliams View Post
I backed matt Every in Peurto Rico,win only @50/1

Also did 2 e/w bets on David Hearn@125/1 and Justin Hicks @66/1

In the big one i backed Hunter @28/1 win only and Molinari e/w at 90/1,might add another before 1 tomorrow.

My local bookies is an independant,they have priced up 'no hole in one' in Puerto Rico @evs,looking at the par 3's here that looks a great price,they're all around the 200 yard mark.
Anyone got any thoughts on that?
Good bet that no hole in ones
jjll is offline  
Thanks from:
06-03-2013, 23:02   #7
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayaBanana View Post
WGC Cadillac Championship -

Jason Day - 1.0 Pts e/w @ 40/1
He has had a good start to the year and played ok here last year finishing just inside the top 20. Due a win and this course should set up ok for him. Didn't play last weekend so he should be fresh and ready.

Keegan Bradley - 1.0 Pts e/w @ 25/1
Another man that has had a decent start to the season but hasn't quiet fired on all cylinders yet. He got a place last week at the Honda and should have been a few strokes better. If he gets his putter working he will be right up there.

Russell Henley - 0.5 Pts e/w @ 100/1
Again another man to have a good start to the season and already has a win under his belt. For a man so good with the putter I think 100/1 is a great price. Just missed out on a place last weekend.


Puerto Rico Open -

I haven't really done much research for this one but will have a couple bets, a quick look at the odds and Brendon de Jonge @ 22/1 and Ben Kohles @ 80/1 look like decent bets to me.
Wouldnt back de jonge chokes had a big chance in shriners last year but gave it away to moore

Yeah like bradley 25s in my local indy bookie...... love the bradley and phil had 18 holes at augusta on tuesday
jjll is offline  
07-03-2013, 01:36   #8
Dolph Starbeam
Registered User
 
Dolph Starbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjll View Post
Wouldnt back de jonge chokes had a big chance in shriners last year but gave it away to moore

Yeah like bradley 25s in my local indy bookie...... love the bradley and phil had 18 holes at augusta on tuesday
I might actually stay away from the Puerto Rico Open altogether.

Any thoughts on Garrigus @ 50/1 or Watney @ 30/1? Wouldn't normally go near Watney but he has a bit of history here and is playing ok this year.

As said above Mahan looks good @ 28/1 too. Rose and Schwartzel are priced too low imo.

Last edited by Dolph Starbeam; 07-03-2013 at 10:58.
Dolph Starbeam is offline  
07-03-2013, 12:54   #9
frat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 199
Schwartzel, $50 @16 win only!
frat is offline  
Advertisement
07-03-2013, 14:16   #10
fangee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 764
WGC Cadilliac - Kuchar @ 20/1

Mahan @ 28/1

Stricker @ 45/1


Puerto open - Wasn't going to bother but John Rollins could/should be too good especially at 33/1.
fangee is offline  
07-03-2013, 16:54   #11
BQQ
Registered User
 
BQQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,799
Have Colsearts (top euro without gb and I) @9/1
Couldn't ignore Tiger at double figure price either.

Went with Molder in Puerto Rico. @25/1
BQQ is offline  
08-03-2013, 00:15   #12
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,175
Well i think only -4 players oneards can only win rory was awful looks like he dont want to be there
jjll is offline  
08-03-2013, 01:11   #13
Dolph Starbeam
Registered User
 
Dolph Starbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjll View Post
Well i think only -4 players oneards can only win rory was awful looks like he dont want to be there
I don't think so. Fowler, Dufner, Watney all at -3 and still definitely in with a chance, plus a few more players at -2. A -6 or -7 from anyone tomorrow and they are right back in it.

Bradley is doing ok for me. Henley at -2 isn't too bad. Day is gone. Also followed the tip above for Mahan, only a small bet but he's well placed at -5.
Dolph Starbeam is offline  
08-03-2013, 08:53   #14
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayaBanana View Post
I don't think so. Fowler, Dufner, Watney all at -3 and still definitely in with a chance, plus a few more players at -2. A -6 or -7 from anyone tomorrow and they are right back in it.

Bradley is doing ok for me. Henley at -2 isn't too bad. Day is gone. Also followed the tip above for Mahan, only a small bet but he's well placed at -5.
dont see a 6 or 7 under today wind will be up and wind all weekend
jjll is offline  
08-03-2013, 14:44   #15
fangee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 764
This is simple for me.

I backed Kuchar because I fancied him.

If he shot -4 yesterday I'd be no more confident then the actual level par he did shoot.

I'd still back him at 90/1 ew first 4 places. He can easily shoot -6 for two days running.

I'm not changing my mind after one day.
fangee is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet