Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Knitting

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenisme

No there are no hole in it at all, and whats worse i have two of the same bloody pattern.

I think the way it might go is that i have to buy some plastic blank cards and transfer them that way. its quite expensive when you put it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭duckling10

hi, lauren,
    so what is it you have, a packet of blank punchcards, with no holes punched in them at all?
    i do not know really what to advise you to do, have you searched on youtube for tutorials in preparing punchcards for your type of machine, youtube can be very good.
    regards
    liz:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Laurenisme wrote: »
    No there are no hole in it at all, and whats worse i have two of the same bloody pattern.

I think the way it might go is that i have to buy some plastic blank cards and transfer them that way. its quite expensive when you put it all together.

I have seen blank punch cards before, with holes in them, never knew what they were for, that could be it.

I just found out on Raverly that those paper patterns what i bought are practically useless. Only used for figuring out which holes to punch out on the vinyl cards that you use in the machine.

Hi Clooney George,

I recievd an email that you had posted here but the message does not seem to be showing up for me.

Do you live in Letterkenny. At the moment i need to get a new thumb screw for the sinker arm before i can get back to using the knitmaster.

just to make sure are you offering me a lesson in learning how to use the machine?
    and how much would that cost?

Lauren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Hi Laurenisme

Clooney George's post has been deleted as it was spam.

Cork_girl

ah i see. Thanks for telling me.

Lauren

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭duckling10

hi everyone,
    how's the machine knitting going?
    I bought a secondhand Brother Chunky machine and ribber this past summer. Sadly I have not yet had the time to get the machine fully set up and actually going. sigh...
    I noticed in September in the booklet of continuing education courses that there was a Machine Knitting course being given in the Limerick Senior College, which amazingly is the same place as mentioned in the very first post in this very thread. Unfortunately, i couldn't sign up for that either, due to lack of time again.
    Here's a link to the Limerick Senior College (now known as Limerick College of Further Education apparently) website to the information about the course:

http://www.lcfe.ie/EVENING-PROGRAMMES/Parttime-Courses--Art,-Beauty,-Craft,-Leisure--(1)/Knitwear-Design---Machine-Knitting---NEW-FOR-JAN-2.aspx

not sure if this is of any use to anyone, but wouldn't it be great to be able to take the course and learn more about our machines!
    and there is also a continuation course in Machine Knitting, drool......

i hope ye are getting to grips with your machines, i can only wish for more time at some point to ba able to set the machine up and get started properly!
    I'm a bit daunted at the prospect of setting up machine and ribber!
    There is a man who used to service knitting machines in Shannon, who has already helped me, i bought new Sponge bars from him and he serviced the machine too. So if i get stuck, I know who to go to!
    regards
    duckling
    ps i'm off to start a thread about spinning , if anyone is interested...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DEEMAR

Hi duckling10
    That course in Limerick Senior sounds good. I have a Silver Reed LK150, which I bought 2 years ago. So far I have only done small items on it, and would love to learn to do a bit more. If they run the course again in the New Year, I would definitely sign up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 liadainb

i do knitting machine classes in rathcoole,just off the n7 to dublin- so anyone beginning or needing a refresher course can contact me by PM for further details:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 fabrico

Hi
    I have just started to use my machine again after awhile.

I did a bout 2 rows and now it is jammed.

I used to know how to release the carriage, but just cant remember.

Can anyone help ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

can you unscrew the 2 knobs by the handle and lift the carriage off? Then i usually snip the yarn and pull it clear and put everything back together and kint the yarn back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fabrico

Thank you. I have it sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Great to see some of machine knitters alive :)

All questions here been answered so I just show few things I've made on my machine:

Miittenblueandred.jpg
    (made two pairs, borrowed one from each for foto)

Green-greyvestmeon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

Hi all machine knitters, just to keep the thread going as I would have saved myself a lot of time and phone calls looking for a wool supplier if I had checked here first.. I have now thankfully found both and am the owner of a shiny new sponge bar..

pm me if anyone needs details..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

A new super-thread was opened for all knitting related posts - here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056194624&page=34

Thread locked :) All discussions welcome on the super thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement