Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interested in sketching? join the Dublin City Sketchers!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

hi applesock - we meet somewhere different each Sunday - usually at 1pm. Check out our blog for new posts each Friday or you can email us and we will add you to the mailing list. There's a link to the blog in my signature! Open to absolutely everyone - no experience required - it's all up to you and what you enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Joolika

Ooh wow what a great idea! I'll try be there next Sunday with my sketchbook at the ready :)

Good stuff Joolika!! This week we are heading to the Bleeding Horse Pub on Camden Street.. we decided it is much better to sit by a fire in this weather! See you there!

Haven't been keeping this up to date but the Dublin Sketchers are alive and well and meet every Sunday - check the blog for details of where we are meeting. Send us an email if you'd like to be added to the mailing list!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Jeez just realised Ive been meaning to go to this for a year :eek: I'm very very out of practise (excuses excuses) but soon soon.

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Jeez just realised Ive been meaning to go to this for a year :eek: I'm very very out of practise (excuses excuses) but soon soon.

Lolz no worries - we're out and about every Sunday so join in at any stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I know, me and procrastination are very good friends :p.

Experience Japan is the location for this week - Farmleigh House, Phoenix Park! Here's hoping for some fine weather!! Sunday at 2pm!

Getting there by public transport: Take the number 37 bus from Hawkins Street to the Castleknock Gate. Enter the Phoenix Park and take the pedestrian pathway to your right. Following the directional signs, Farmleigh is a fifteen-minute walk from the Castleknock Gate. Car parking facilities are also available.

Everybody is welcome, have a sketchpad out if you haven't been sketching with us before and we'll make sure you're included!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

would love to join ye some sunday when college ends! it's a great idea!

St. Anne's Park this week - 2pm @ the Cafe. See blog for info! All welcome..

• Advertisement

Heading for the Natural History Museum this Sunday! Details on the blog! Also note the upcoming sketchcrawl on May 15th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Puntoman

ill come along!

Puntoman wrote: »
    ill come along!

Oh oh I hope you didn't go to the Nat. History Museum - this week we were in the Botanic Gardens!!

If you'd like to join the mailing list follow the link on the blog :) I don't always update this page!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Liam885

great ideas,

This Sunday the Dublin Sketchers are heading for the Maritime Festival at the Docklands - meeting at 2pm on the northside of the Sean O'Casey bridge. All are welcome - see our blog for more details. www.dublinsketchers.blogspot.com

Also - our first exhibition 'Drawing a Crowd' is launching next Friday night - the 11th at 6pm. If anyone is in the area - please call in and say hello! The Gallery is Sol Art Gallery - just beside Waterstones on Dawson Street!

4671917322_b1b655afe3.jpg
    Done in conjunction with the city-wide celebrations for Bloomsday, the exhibition brings together the work of 23 Dublin based artists in a single collection.

Running daily from 11-17 June, the exhibition introduces the work of a wide variety of artists who operate around the Dublin area. The show’s theme is inspired by the weekly outings of Dublin Sketchers.

Founded in early 2008, Dublin Sketchers has grown to become a significant group of passionate artists based in the capital. Each week, the members visit different locations in the Dublin area including galleries, museums, parks and outdoor spaces. Participating artists provide their own sketchpads, drawing equipment and imaginations but the rest is free.

This packed exhibition features some unique work built up over the past two years which is unlikely to be shown under the same roof again. Indeed, the sheer diversity of the work and artists involved will guarantee that there is something which appeals to everyone.

The exhibition will be opened in the Athena Room of the Gallery and would be a shame to miss.

Admission is free and it will run until Friday, 17th June.

See you there!

www.dublinsketchers.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

hey, im just wondering do you have to be at a particular standard (eg. professional artist, art student ect) to join this group? is it still as simple to join as in the op? is it for an older age group?

as i have just finished college and am unemployed, id love to get back to my love of art, but i havent sketched in years, so im a tad rusty. could i still join up?

Yes of course, send us an email, there's a link on the blog, everyone is welcome and all skills levels. Ages vary from college students up to those enjoying their retirement and skills are shared by all. See the blog for an idea of work done on outings :-)

Dublin Sketchers are just getting ready for our 2nd Exhibition - opening on 3rd June!

We have created an event for it on Facebook - everyone welcome to come along and see what we've been up to for the last year! We're always open to new members coming along any Sunday - give a look at the blog and send us a mail if you'd like to tag along! Meanwhile, pop in to Sol Art Gallery on 3rd June!

www.dublinsketchers.com

Advertisement