Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There is a fella in work who will need a bodyguard if he does not get the finger out sharpish.
    I am deskside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

And don't rush to either.

Belated happy birthday. It's just a number though.

Oh don’t worry, I’m determined to stay young as long as possible :p

Currently outside work, but it’s too early to go in yet, so I’m sitting in the car listening to music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Trimmed a bit of a brute of a hedge and taking a break for coffee, biscuits and a good book on the Dark Ages in Britain, while sitting in the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Trimmed a bit of a brute of a hedge and taking a break for coffee, biscuits and a good book on the Dark Ages in Britain, while sitting in the garden.
    I think the dark ages are yet to come S!

I’m in a car beep beeep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Trimmed a bit of a brute of a hedge

Had a bit of spare time and decided to pull some ivy off a wall. I don't have a problem with the ivy as such but it was beginning to overwhelm a radio antenna tuner I have on the wall, so it had to go.

More quantity in it than I thought at a casual glance so now my organic waste bin in full until Thursday week :pac:

Kitchen with tea

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Donington Park (#21)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Breaktime at the coalface :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Off today, finished all I've to do in the house now wondering where to go for a run.. I'm spoilt for choice between the beach, parks (Malahide Castle or St.Annes) or cycle to the gym and run in Santry forest then use the gym.. Decisions, decisions?.

Meanwhile, a coffee :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Off today, finished all I've to do in the house now wondering where to go for a run.. I'm spoilt for choice between the beach, parks (Malahide Castle or St.Annes) or cycle to the gym and run in Santry forest then use the gym.. Decisions, decisions?.

Meanwhile, a coffee :D

Forest !!

Coffee time :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Forest !!

Coffee time :)

Unfortunately there's little left of the forest, but I grew up in the area when it was a real forest and the name has stuck, the real name is Santry Demesne

• Advertisement

Unfortunately there's little left of the forest, but I grew up in the area when it was a real forest and the name has stuck, the real name is Santry Demesne

Reading that , it still sounds like a lovely area , but by the sea is definitely good for the soul .
    No matter where you choose , enjoy the run :)

Reading that , it still sounds like a lovely area , but by the sea is definitely good for the soul .
    No matter where you choose , enjoy the run :)

Cheers.. I'm very lucky, I live pretty much five minutes from the beach. I love the sea smells when I open my bedroom window.

And I'm a nice cycle away from two really nice parks, Malahide Castle and St.Annes.. All food for the soul.

Then there's Richo's walks on the beach, but the poor lad is having hip problems now that he's turned 12 (rescued him from the pound Aug 7th, 2007) and can no longer run with me. We take walks on the beach, but I let him set the pace. Or sometimes I'll bring my Kindle and let him wander around me, he loves meeting other people and dogs so he's happy to do all that without the effort of running or walking too far.

He's snoring beside me right now.

Still here :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Santry Woods is a grand little spot, the best part of running there is the forest path at the back up near Gullivers.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Santry Woods is a grand little spot, the best part of running there is the forest path at the back up near Gullivers.

Well what I do is park up at Ben Dunnes gym (this is where I train) then run from there, take in the park before heading back to use the gym.

The curse for me is at this time of day I pretty much have to cycle over because the traffic getting back (N32) is a pain in the hole.

I love cycling, but the route through Darndale and Northside SC isn't great :(

Santry it is :p

In the big city. Pub or cafe hunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Coffee. Heading to Beauty Salon for a bit of pain ... twill be worth it!

Cheers.. I'm very lucky, I live pretty much five minutes from the beach. I love the sea smells when I open my bedroom window.

And I'm a nice cycle away from two really nice parks, Malahide Castle and St.Annes.. All food for the soul.

Then there's Richo's walks on the beach, but the poor lad is having hip problems now that he's turned 12 (rescued him from the pound Aug 7th, 2007) and can no longer run with me. We take walks on the beach, but I let him set the pace. Or sometimes I'll bring my Kindle and let him wander around me, he loves meeting other people and dogs so he's happy to do all that without the effort of running or walking too far.

He's snoring beside me right now.

Still here :)

Richo is a beautiful dog , the last pic you posted of him on the beach was just lovely . Love that you let him do his own thing , without him having to overt exert himself . You both are lucky to have each other :)

Back in , having a sandwich .

On my break at work

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Going for a run.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mzungu wrote: »
    Going for a run.

I shall be doing the same once I get home, happy trails

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Computer Lab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homeside now for a few mins and then off again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Exhausted trundle to work..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside watching Chernobyl, what a fantastic chilling series it is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's on my tbw list Seph, hopefully next week when i have a few days off. Glad you recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

All this running, cycling and gyming has me exhausted, I need a lie down after my coffee............... and its not even me, :D.
    Watching a hawk soar in the air without moving as I sip my coffee on the patio, some poor cratur is being stalked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Watching Trainspotting 2

Back in Dublin after a long weekend in the wesht!
    Couchside catching up: wow, seems like I missed a lot: weddings, birthdays, holy communions, BBQs, the works
    Plotting the move back to the west coast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Have my Eddie Vedder ticket..and just booking my stay at the Gibson, only 6 weeks away now...happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Watching Trainspotting 2

I did a double bill on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I did a double bill on Saturday.

I have a copy of the first one here somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Armchair side. Was up at Beaumont hospital for the first time today for the teenagers annual check up. Too old for Crumlin now, how time flies!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Deskside.

I've been meaning to start watching Chernobyl. I'll start watching it at the weekend.

For now I'm going to watch a bit of the French Open.

Couchside in Tipp, having tea and getting some bits and pieces before heading into Limerick

In bed feeling all inspired after watching RBG.

• Advertisement

In bed feeling all inspired after watching RBG.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg?.

I kill thread again :(

Off to make a consolation mug of tea.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg?.

I watched that on Netflix .
    Amazing , inspiring woman . Such a tiny little powerhouse of a person .

Back in Limerick again, just had a shower complete with a face mask and hair mask. Will soon get dressed and go make some toast, what a healthy dinner :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Guess where?

Yes, the bed. :)

• Advertisement

I watched that on Netflix .
    Amazing , inspiring woman . Such a tiny little powerhouse of a person .

Last thing i watched on netflix was an incredible documentary by BBC called Three Girls about trafficing in england. Absolutely awesome women involved in uncovering the ineptitude of the greater manchester police.. Bit of a heavy watch obviously but very worthwhile

Am now on the couch with toast listening to the 2 Johnnies Podcast

Last thing i watched on hetflix was an incredible documentary by BBC called Three Girls about traffcing in england. Absolutely awesome women involved in uncovering the ineptitude og the greater manchester police.. Bit of a heavy watch obviously but very worthwhile

That was a brilliant , but very hard hitting watch alright . Absolutely horrific the way these young girls were used like commodities by the men , and so let down by the authorities . Definitely worth watching .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hotel bound, nothing on the schedule tomorrow so this shall be kinda boring.

Time for sleep.

Just in bed feeling like a weights been lifted off my shoulders even though I’ve been unbelievably happy the past few months. Nothing spectacular is even happening, I’m just delighted with life

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

^^^ I'll have whatever shoes is drinking :pac:

Bedside

Lets all go on the helium and sing jonny cash songs!

Lets all go on the helium and sing jonny cash songs!

I’ve been singing I don’t fucccc wittjooo you lil stupid ass bitch I ain’t fuccccin wittjooo the last half an hour, I’m down for heliuming that up :D

I think you are high enough Shoes :P :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement