Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Hub - €59.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Had one of these for a while in the kitchen, got it though parcel wizard. If they did the max for bit less I'd get one in a heartbeat, brilliant devices.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭jacool

Mine came today, on time as advised by DHL :)
    Small lad has already mastered it, and he's only in the door from day 1 back at school :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

jacool wrote: »
    Mine came today, on time as advised by DHL :)
    Small lad has already mastered it, and he's only in the door from day 1 back at school :(

Mine were using it to do their maths - "hey google, what's 54 x 27". Cheeky, but imaginative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Have a mini in pretty much every room and a Lenovo Smart Display in the kitchen so no need at all for this.

Should be here before 6 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Arrived today. Need to try how to allow access for all of us in the house without our personal calendars and stuff appearing on the screen.

Ordered yesterday, received today.
    Fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Have a mini in pretty much every room and a Lenovo Smart Display in the kitchen so no need at all for this.

Should be here before 6 tomorrow.

Do DHL deliver on Saturday? My Tracking info shows mine was sent to DHL Cork by mistake and is being sent to correct facility now. I only ordered yesterday too, was initially thinking it would be Monday at best.

Tempted to get a couple of minis for the kids rooms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Just trying to order one. Am I right in thinking that Chalk is the only colour available?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭patspost

Can you ask this to play a radio station?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

patspost wrote: »
    Can you ask this to play a radio station?

Yes you can. It’ll probably play it on TuneIn unless you specify a player/service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Would it be good as an alarm for the bedroom?

• Advertisement

Dr. Nick wrote: »

That’s what I use it for. It’s perfect for the bedroom.

That’s what I use it for. It’s perfect for the bedroom.

Ah sure I was tired of that Alexa one anyway. Silly cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

What’s the sound like on it for listening to podcasts / music? I don’t expect Bose sound or the like...

Joziburg wrote: »
    What’s the sound like on it for listening to podcasts / music? I don’t expect Bose sound or the like...

It won’t be as good as the Google Home sound wise but it’s good quality nonetheless. Bedroom or kitchen listening is fine. You won’t be having any raves with it though.

Dr. Nick wrote: »

This is what I have as an alarm clock in the bedroom, was another boards bargain with a home mini included:

https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/smart-clock/

I was thinking of getting another home hub to replace this in the bedroom, but I'm happy enough with this thing for now

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes perfect! You can also set up routines for the morning that will tell you the weather / news / commute times to work as you wake up. Quite handy.

:D Five seconds these strange days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Can anyone who has ordered and received one of these in the last few days advise whether or not there's a free sub to YouTube premium included?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nothing I am aware of but I already have a Youtube premium subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Can anyone who has ordered and received one of these in the last few days advise whether or not there's a free sub to YouTube premium included?
    No, but why would you think there might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

JDxtra wrote: »
    No, but why would you think there might be?

Some of the reviews I read today mentioned a free 6 month YouTube sub, but perhaps they were old reviews....

Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Do DHL deliver on Saturday? My Tracking info shows mine was sent to DHL Cork by mistake and is being sent to correct facility now. I only ordered yesterday too, was initially thinking it would be Monday at best.

Tempted to get a couple of minis for the kids rooms!!

It actually still hasn't even shipped for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Bit disappointed with the sound quality tbh. Even the echo dots sound better :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Mine hasn't either. I know of people who ordered after me that got them last week. Not in any huge rush though, it's just a toy for the desk.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm getting a delayed message on my order. :(
    Ordered on the 27th.
    Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

Same here.. Ordered on Friday but still no notification it has shipped..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Received it today but would have likely gotten on Friday only that it was shipped to the incorrect facility (Cork)!!

Ordered it Thursday and received notification that it would be delivered Friday evening after a few hours.

It's well traveled, Eindhoven --> Brussells --> East Midlands UK --> Shannon --> Cork --> Dublin --> Shannon --> Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Dades wrote: »
    I'm getting a delayed message on my order. :(
    Ordered on the 27th.

Mine moved to the same status even though originally, it was down as delivered between the 28th and 1st.

I've pinged their support with an email to see what the story is. Be interesting to see what they come back with, if anything.

With Google products I've had everything from next day delivery though to 3-4 days. Usually it's quick if you order early in the week, but spanning a weekend can slow it more than with some other courier services. The bank holiday in the UK can't be helping, as it will be passing through there as well.

tusk wrote: »
    Bit disappointed with the sound quality tbh. Even the echo dots sound better :/

Yeah, to me they aren't as loud as the gen 1 google home mini. It's plenty loud for my kitchen, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The thing to remember though is that this and even the mini aren't really designed as Hi-Fi replacements. They are primarily a means for you to interact with the assistant and being able to play music is just a benefit. If you want one with decent oomph then you need to step up to the Hub Max or the Max speaker.

Advertisement