Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-06-2020, 07:52   #16
Boscod

St Peter's, Bray, Co Wicklow.

https://www.stpetersparishbray.com/cemetery-records/
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-07-2020, 11:22   #17
enfield

Cambrai Street, Shankill Cemetery, Belfast.
http://www.cambraistreet.co.uk/burials.pdf
(2) thanks from:
16-07-2020, 11:24   #18
enfield

Derry City Cemetery Records Project.
https://www.derrystrabane.com/cemeteryrecords
(2) thanks from:
09-10-2020, 22:54   #19
mindhorn

For people from inner city Dublin who died end of 1800s/early 1900s, how do I go about locating records for their graves? I looked at the databases for Dublin and obviously there's a good few in that area.

Some baptisms/marriages in the family took place in St. Mary's Pro-Cathedral, Church of St. Andrew and St. Michael and John's. I checked the first two on findagrave but no results.
09-10-2020, 23:06   #20
ath262

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindhorn View Post
For people from inner city Dublin who died end of 1800s/early 1900s, how do I go about locating records for their graves? I looked at the databases for Dublin and obviously there's a good few in that area.

Some baptisms/marriages in the family took place in St. Mary's Pro-Cathedral, Church of St. Andrew and St. Michael and John's. I checked the first two on findagrave but no results.

pretty sure that the Pro-Cathedral and Westland row dont have a graveyard attached, although heard there as some in under the Pro-Cathedral, think just prominent people, bishops etc
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-10-2020, 23:08   #21
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindhorn View Post

They'll most likely be in Glasnevin.
Thanks from:
09-10-2020, 23:51   #22
BowWow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ath262 View Post
South Dublin - Deansgrange and Shanganagh are really up to date. Burials usually appear on the site within a couple of weeks.

North Dublin - The most recent entry on the Buried in Fingal database is 2013 - no updates added since it was launched. Site says "more recent burials will be added once an appropriate amount of time has passed". With rip.ie being online I don't really understand that.
10-10-2020, 11:13   #23
pinkypinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowWow View Post

North Dublin - The most recent entry on the Buried in Fingal database is 2013 - no updates added since it was launched. Site says "more recent burials will be added once an appropriate amount of time has passed". With rip.ie being online I don't really understand that.
The answer is simple: money and staff to do it.
10-10-2020, 22:58   #24
BowWow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkypinky View Post
The answer is simple: money and staff to do it.
I don't agree, just different ways of doing things.

South Dublin County Council have outsourced the online records of their 2 big cemeteries to Everafter, a commercial site, who maintain records for several cemeteries in Ireland and overseas. SDCC must provide regular updates to Everafter, and this has resulted in up to date records online with free access to researchers.

Fingal do their own thing, have set up their own good site and also provide free access to researchers. However there is now a 7 year long backlog of records.
Where Fingal really score well is that they provide records for other cemeteries in their area.

I just find it strange that in Fingal, updates need an "appropriate" amount of time - 7 years so far... but a few kilometres south an appropriate amount of time seems to be the following month to internment...
Advertisement
10-10-2020, 23:54   #25
pinkypinky

Well, different administrative divisions. I happen to know they've changed archivist in Fingal this year so maybe things will change.

Outsourcing to Everafter is great for us but there may be downsides that are not obvious.
Thanks from:
19-10-2020, 16:28   #26
BowWow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowWow View Post
I don't agree, just different ways of doing things.

South Dublin County Council have outsourced the online records of their 2 big cemeteries to Everafter, a commercial site, who maintain records for several cemeteries in Ireland and overseas. SDCC must provide regular updates to Everafter, and this has resulted in up to date records online with free access to researchers.

Fingal do their own thing, have set up their own good site and also provide free access to researchers. However there is now a 7 year long backlog of records.
Where Fingal really score well is that they provide records for other cemeteries in their area.

I just find it strange that in Fingal, updates need an "appropriate" amount of time - 7 years so far... but a few kilometres south an appropriate amount of time seems to be the following month to internment...
Error above - It is Dun Laoghaire & Rathdown Council that outsourced the online records for Deansgrange and Shanganagh, apologies.
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 19:30   #27
enfield

Waterford, St Otterans and others. Fair play to them.
https://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/depa...al-records.htm
St. Otteran's Burial Ground (also known as Ballinaneeshagh).
St. Declan's Burial Ground, Ardmore.
St. Carthage's Burial Ground, Lismore.
St. Patrick's Burial Ground, Tramore.
St. Mary's Cemetery, Butlerstown.
Funeral Book 1874-1892
Funeral Book 1902-1929
Funeral Book 1903-1929
Funeral Book 1910-1918
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic