Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
05-06-2020, 07:52   #16
Boscod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 90
St Peter's, Bray, Co Wicklow.

https://www.stpetersparishbray.com/cemetery-records/
Boscod is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-07-2020, 11:22   #17
enfield
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,041
Cambrai Street, Shankill Cemetery, Belfast.
http://www.cambraistreet.co.uk/burials.pdf
enfield is offline  
(2) thanks from:
16-07-2020, 11:24   #18
enfield
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,041
Derry City Cemetery Records Project.
https://www.derrystrabane.com/cemeteryrecords
enfield is offline  
(2) thanks from:
09-10-2020, 22:54   #19
mindhorn
Registered User
 
mindhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 61
For people from inner city Dublin who died end of 1800s/early 1900s, how do I go about locating records for their graves? I looked at the databases for Dublin and obviously there's a good few in that area.

Some baptisms/marriages in the family took place in St. Mary's Pro-Cathedral, Church of St. Andrew and St. Michael and John's. I checked the first two on findagrave but no results.
mindhorn is offline  
09-10-2020, 23:06   #20
ath262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindhorn View Post
For people from inner city Dublin who died end of 1800s/early 1900s, how do I go about locating records for their graves? I looked at the databases for Dublin and obviously there's a good few in that area.

Some baptisms/marriages in the family took place in St. Mary's Pro-Cathedral, Church of St. Andrew and St. Michael and John's. I checked the first two on findagrave but no results.

pretty sure that the Pro-Cathedral and Westland row dont have a graveyard attached, although heard there as some in under the Pro-Cathedral, think just prominent people, bishops etc
ath262 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-10-2020, 23:08   #21
L1011
Moderator
 
L1011's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindhorn View Post
For people from inner city Dublin who died end of 1800s/early 1900s, how do I go about locating records for their graves? I looked at the databases for Dublin and obviously there's a good few in that area.

Some baptisms/marriages in the family took place in St. Mary's Pro-Cathedral, Church of St. Andrew and St. Michael and John's. I checked the first two on findagrave but no results.
They'll most likely be in Glasnevin.
L1011 is offline  
Thanks from:
09-10-2020, 23:51   #22
BowWow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ath262 View Post
South Dublin - Deansgrange and Shanganagh are really up to date. Burials usually appear on the site within a couple of weeks.

North Dublin - The most recent entry on the Buried in Fingal database is 2013 - no updates added since it was launched. Site says "more recent burials will be added once an appropriate amount of time has passed". With rip.ie being online I don't really understand that.
BowWow is offline  
10-10-2020, 11:13   #23
pinkypinky
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowWow View Post

North Dublin - The most recent entry on the Buried in Fingal database is 2013 - no updates added since it was launched. Site says "more recent burials will be added once an appropriate amount of time has passed". With rip.ie being online I don't really understand that.
The answer is simple: money and staff to do it.
pinkypinky is offline  
10-10-2020, 22:58   #24
BowWow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkypinky View Post
The answer is simple: money and staff to do it.
I don't agree, just different ways of doing things.

South Dublin County Council have outsourced the online records of their 2 big cemeteries to Everafter, a commercial site, who maintain records for several cemeteries in Ireland and overseas. SDCC must provide regular updates to Everafter, and this has resulted in up to date records online with free access to researchers.

Fingal do their own thing, have set up their own good site and also provide free access to researchers. However there is now a 7 year long backlog of records.
Where Fingal really score well is that they provide records for other cemeteries in their area.

I just find it strange that in Fingal, updates need an "appropriate" amount of time - 7 years so far... but a few kilometres south an appropriate amount of time seems to be the following month to internment...
BowWow is offline  
Advertisement
10-10-2020, 23:54   #25
pinkypinky
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,560
Well, different administrative divisions. I happen to know they've changed archivist in Fingal this year so maybe things will change.

Outsourcing to Everafter is great for us but there may be downsides that are not obvious.
pinkypinky is offline  
Thanks from:
19-10-2020, 16:28   #26
BowWow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowWow View Post
I don't agree, just different ways of doing things.

South Dublin County Council have outsourced the online records of their 2 big cemeteries to Everafter, a commercial site, who maintain records for several cemeteries in Ireland and overseas. SDCC must provide regular updates to Everafter, and this has resulted in up to date records online with free access to researchers.

Fingal do their own thing, have set up their own good site and also provide free access to researchers. However there is now a 7 year long backlog of records.
Where Fingal really score well is that they provide records for other cemeteries in their area.

I just find it strange that in Fingal, updates need an "appropriate" amount of time - 7 years so far... but a few kilometres south an appropriate amount of time seems to be the following month to internment...
Error above - It is Dun Laoghaire & Rathdown Council that outsourced the online records for Deansgrange and Shanganagh, apologies.
BowWow is offline  
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 19:30   #27
enfield
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,041
Waterford, St Otterans and others. Fair play to them.
https://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/depa...al-records.htm
St. Otteran's Burial Ground (also known as Ballinaneeshagh).
St. Declan's Burial Ground, Ardmore.
St. Carthage's Burial Ground, Lismore.
St. Patrick's Burial Ground, Tramore.
St. Mary's Cemetery, Butlerstown.
Funeral Book 1874-1892
Funeral Book 1902-1929
Funeral Book 1903-1929
Funeral Book 1910-1918
enfield is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet