Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Gold schedule change

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I thought they were closing dow Gold as well as the other online stations?..I agree..I liked it a lot more when there were no presenters...

Problem is then it's just like listening to a Jukebox. ...it becomes very boring after a while

Infoanon wrote: »
    Problem is then it's just like listening to a Jukebox. ...it becomes very boring after a while

Good music and no waffle is what I like.....

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭FunkyDa2

Good music and no waffle is what I like.....

You're welcome :)

https://www.fip.fr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

So its just weekend presenters are being axed for now? If they only cost €20 per show and there are around 8 of these non permanent presenters at the weekend..sounds like a very little saving a few hundred €€€ per weekend

Where is Head of RTE Gold Aidan Leonard these days..is he still on sick leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

washiskin wrote: »
    I must say, much and all as I enjoy Rick's show, I do love their no dj sections too.....some great playlists....

Heard Tiffney's "radio romance" the other night...think it was probably 1988 since I last heard it ....tearyeyed....

• Advertisement

This is the final weekend of freelance presenter led shows on GOLD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

This is the final weekend of freelance presenter led shows on GOLD

Sad times

• Registered Users Posts: 9 neilgates

I thought they were closing dow Gold as well as the other online stations?..I agree..I liked it a lot more when there were no presenters...

If you like nonstop gold presenter free then try Radio Sovereign solid gold on FreeDAB

neilgates wrote: »
    If you like nonstop gold presenter free then try Radio Sovereign solid gold on FreeDAB

There are loads.. though RTE Gold holds a special place for a lot of ex 2FM listeners of the 80s and 90s....Irish people like to listen to something that they are paying for in the form of the TV licence and these songs were originally played by 2FM from the same radio building...Kind of similar to BBC R1 of the past and BBC R2 now

I wonder where will the 2 remaining presenters Will and Rick end up within RTE after RTE Gold closes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

I wonder where will the 2 remaining presenters Will and Rick end up within RTE after RTE Gold closes?

Will Leahy Rising time weekend (formally the weekend on one) Rick O'Shea Keith Walsh's current shift on 2fm. Just a rough guess.

I imagine the remaining RTE Gold presenters, who will stay with RTE, will be redeployed to Radio 1 possibly doing voicetracked oldies shows on the overnights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

I can't imagine RTE radio 1 doing voice tracked overnights. Much more likely that they'll reply something like Euronews Radio or BBC world service overnight IMHO.

No Rick this morning..just playlisted songs

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Lord Nelson

No Rick this morning..just playlisted songs

Yes, it was great not having to listen to him waffling for a change.

Yes, it was great not having to listen to him waffling for a change.

Rick has had it cushy in RTE these past 20 years as a Staffer, but he is harmess. I will miss RTE Gold.

Advertisement