Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Both rescue choppers Rescue 115 and 117 are en route to an incident 120 miles west of Mizen. both will be going into cork airport to refuel. safe trip to all on board

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

On the Marine Traffic site it is possible to follow the Coast Guard helicopters. It showed 115 landing at Castletownbere lighthouse helipad on route to the incident referred to above. Would this be to refuel or pick up crew??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

On the Marine Traffic site it is possible to follow the Coast Guard helicopters. It showed 115 landing at Castletownbere lighthouse helipad on route to the incident referred to above. Would this be to refuel or pick up crew??

Refuel I think, heading sw now at 80 knots, will probably not see it on Marine traffic when it goes further offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Is the reason for having two SAR for top cover?

jimbis wrote: »
    Is the reason for having two SAR for top cover?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Lads, I know you'll be looking forward to a busy day tomorrow at DUB, but spare a thought for me heading to Berlin. No delays please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cheers lads! Some weather for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Sully wrote: »
    Cheers lads! Some weather for them!

Fisherman sustained a concussion and was unconscious, he has since regained consciousness and awaiting a lift off from the vessel, the rescue attempt was stood down last night due to high winds and high seas, Waterford based coastgaurd is on the way to get him now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Not sure if anyone noticed an A330-300 operated the EI147/146 legs for the first time, with EI-ELA taking the honours and with no issues encountered. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

billie1b wrote: »
    Fisherman sustained a concussion and was unconscious, he has since regained consciousness and awaiting a lift off from the vessel, the rescue attempt was stood down last night due to high winds and high seas, Waterford based coastgaurd is on the way to get him now

Are you sure the coastguard collected him? Just that approx 2 hours ago I noticed an Aer Corp helicopter coming in from West Cork and landing behind Cork University Hospital.

Sorry when I say saw it, in real life that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

kub wrote: »

What's this real life you speak of? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

Falcon L wrote: »
    What's this real life you speak of? :)

Lol as opposed to little objects moving slowly along a screen......

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Weather is forecasting for hurricane-force mean winds of 64 knots off the west coast at 3am on Thursday morning 15th Jan 15. This is on a par with the February 12th, 2014, storm. Just a heads up.

Wednesday evening 14th could be interesting.

334622.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

As fun as that will be to watch, I'm suddenly regretting my move back to the west.

Are you sure the coastguard collected him? Just that approx 2 hours ago I noticed an Aer Corp helicopter coming in from West Cork and landing behind Cork University Hospital.

Just read on the article about it that the Valentia coastgaurd confirmed that the Waterford based coastguard was gone back to get the crew member

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Oh, hello Part II

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

There are currently 3 A350s in the air :)

3e3535be6fb0931a8ae3d6254a914d7d.png

(All over France)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

Most likely medivac112 you saw joint operation bettween national ambulance service and air corps could have been any call anything off shore would normally be coastguard helis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

I thought this was interesting. RAF Sentinel R1.

68c4bab4ddcb8e937e547af74f8c5c85.png

• Advertisement

AA B773 (ER) 32,000ft

B657410F-0032-4B84-B733-96B59B9393E4_zpsfurnw7de.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Did the new Dublin airport runway open yet? :D

rJyNqEu.jpg

0onWlgV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That happened the other night too! With the excessive winds, the plane decided to make a stop at santry and then taxi to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

British Airways 777 tips hangar at Heathrow as it was being towed for maintenance

http://news.sky.com/story/1406446/bang-british-airways-plane-hits-hangar

fr336 wrote: »
    British Airways Plane tips hangar at Heathrow as it was being towed for maintenance

http://news.sky.com/story/1406446/bang-british-airways-plane-hits-hangar

As shaggy said it wasn't me :)

sjb25 wrote: »
    As shaggy said it wasn't me :)

Oh thanks, now thats stuck in my head!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Oh thanks, now thats stuck in my head!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

Just missed Dreamlifter right over the house!
    http://www.flightradar24.com/GTI4231/541ba4c
    Still over Ireland now - regular passer-overer?

More than an inch of snow possible tonight, if it hits Dublin airport, will it close again ??? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Carnacalla wrote: »
    More than an inch of snow possible tonight, if it hits Dublin airport, will it close again ??? :)

Well I nominate you to clear it all if it does!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement