Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change your ways

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

telboy wrote: »
    Also, do you believe in Jesus? It is a FACT that he existed. ....

Rafa Benitez is a boardsie?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

^^Last two posts had me in stiches. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 supersizeme

from reading this weak attempt to convert us non believers it got me thinking... most of us start of as believers but as soon as we use reason and logic we come to our senses, but once you become an atheist I wonder just how many people would actually be converted back?
    could never see myself being a catholic again,especially with such a feeble attempt... not the most convincing argument! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

from reading this weak attempt to convert us non believers it got me thinking... most of us start of as believers but as soon as we use reason and logic we come to our senses, but once you become an atheist I wonder just how many people would actually be converted back?
    could never see myself being a catholic again,especially with such a feeble attempt... not the most convincing argument! :)
    The only thing that could possibly make me believe is a brain tumour, a neuro-chemical imbalance or some kind of mental illness.

MrP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

MrPudding wrote: »
    The only thing that could possibly make me believe is a brain tumour, a neuro-chemical imbalance or some kind of mental illness.
    Or a really, really hot Christian? :pac:

(pics invited!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Dades wrote: »

(pics invited!)

As requested:

christian_bale_98.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

smcgiff wrote: »
    To be fair at least they were polite. Few hundred years ago he'd be putting a roasting hot poker up your bum.

True, but as a masochistic devil worshiper I would have liked it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

As a devoted Catholic all my life, I feel it is my duty to convert you non-believers before you burn in Hell for all eternity. I beg of you to abandon your devilish ways and achieve inner peace through the wonder of God.

LOL! :D:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Please don't mock this thread. Allow God's love to enter your souls. Do not be afraid.

God's love entered my body and now my bum is sore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

I was a devout Catholic like you once, I'm not any more and I hope that someday you won't be either.

Seconded (although for different reasons)

Scepticism and morality be with you.

Malt

Don't you mean "...relative morality be with you"?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Dades wrote: »

(pics invited!)
    Ah, those days are long gone... I can't actually imagine what a relationship with a religious person would be like... aside form short, that is.

MrP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Don't you mean "...relative morality be with you"?
    In your terms, I'm sure 'yes', but you should ask here sometime how people make decisions if they don't happen to think that one or more deities are watching over their shoulder disapprovingly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I was in a cafe today having my lunch and a young man and woman at the next table were having a terribly earnest conversation on the subject of why they didn't seem to be able to get anyone to stop and talk to them about God whilst handing out leaflets in the street :)

I had to pretend I was laughing at a report in the paper I was reading when the girl said 'but when I try to stop someone by saying 'will you let me tell you about the love Jesus has for you' I usually get a load of abuse' :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

why they didn't seem to be able to get anyone to stop and talk to them about God whilst handing out leaflets in the street
    You should have tried to convert them to Pastafarianism :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'd be all about letting god into me, but I top. Any chance he's versatile?

• Advertisement
Advertisement