Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Major space policy speech."

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Some excerpts copied below from a much longer article.one bit i left out is that it is thought that if 135 does not get the go-ahead and NASA run out of money STS 134 might have to be launched earlier.

lots of articles around the net were the smudgy line of Politics and the wind down of the STS meet.
    One thing is a FACT: Congress has approved the 19 Billion Dollar Budget for NASA for the Year 2011.It has NOT approved as of Yet how it will be spent though.Congress has gone into Recess for the Summer.

Another article states all Obama has to do is to do Nothing on a decision for a go ahead for 135 during this recess to effectivly end the programme at 134 for sure.{I think the article called it a Pocket Veto,which i gather is a tactic used in American Politics)
    It claims the brain drain and wind down will have reached the point of no return by then.

I can find partially completed External Tanks that could be utilsed for an STS-136,but NO trace at all of Spare Solid Rocket boosters????????
    Does anyone Know of some?
    I,d be interested also to hear what chances do You give the 135&136 at this moment in time???

=======================================================

Currently processing as STS-335 – the Launch On Need (LON) rescue support for STS-134 – the opportunity to convert what is currently Atlantis’ flight into a full mission remains at the mercy of lawmakers. Should STS-135 become a reality, internal milestones have already noted a desire to target a launch on July 24, 2011.
    Such a date would align with Thursday’s launch date decisions for STS-133 and STS-134, whilst bridging part of the gap between the end of shuttle and the operational use of the commercial vehicles – which will attempt to pick up on at least some of the resupply demands of the International Space Station (ISS).
    “The thought would be that if we are going to fly it, we would like to fly it next June in order to supply the Station, and maybe give the commercial team a little break,” noted Mr Shannon via a recent Standup report. “We will talk about this more about the cost and what we would actually do on the mission.”
    A612.jpgA transition of STS-335 into STS-135 wouldn’t be problematic from a hardware standpoint, with the Solid Rocket Booster set – SRB BI-146 / RSRM 114 – already being processed at KSC’s Rotation Processing and Surge Facility (RPSF), and the refurbishment of External Tank (ET-122) proceeding to plan.
    “Diverting resources off of ET-138 (STS-134 – completed) over to ET-122, and have set up a second shift,” noted the latest update from the Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) via L2. “Getting heavy into electrical and mechanical work. Have the intertank scaffolding installed, which opens up a lot of work for them.”
    However, a decision – and the allocation of funding – is required soon, in order to allow managers to build a mission profile via the baselining process, along with the planning and implementation of crew training (crew loading).

Sources note that a political will exists to fly STS-135, with some activity also noted on looking into the potential for an additional mission in 2012.
    STS-136:
    STS-136, which would likely be awarded to Endeavour, utilizing a spare tank located at MAF called ET-94, per L2 notes – and recently reported by this site. A loss of upmass would be charged against the mission, given ET-94 is only a Light Weight Tank (LWT), as opposed to the Super Light Weight Tanks (SLWT) that have been used in recent years.
    An alternative option of using one of the three part built tanks at MAF holds some potential to support a 2012 mission, providing a long-lead item of certifying the latest version the Thermal Protection System (TPS) foam (BX-265) is removed or advanced – currently noted as a constraint to new tank production/completion prior to 2012.
    A6.jpgAs seen via the 700+ page final assessment into the Shuttle Derived Heavy Launch Vehicle (SD HLV), three part built tanks exist in New Orleans, with ET-139 in a surprisingly advanced stage of fabrication. While work has ceased on all three tanks, they remain in secure storage, as does all of the required machinery to complete the tanks.
    However, the required skill sets of the remaining workforce are being depleted as 2010 progresses, which adds to the requirement of a decision taking place – even on the notional STS-136 flight in two years time – “within months”, in order to keep costs down and additional funding levels viable.
    In both the STS-135 and STS-136 scenarios, LON would be provided by two Russian Soyuz vehicles, meaning both missions would not launch with a crew greater than four. Adding STS-136 would likely result in STS-134 and STS-135 slipping to the right to align with the 2012 mission.
    With the shuttle shutdown continuing at a pace, and seemingly unchecked – even from a contingency standpoint – by NASA’s current administration, each month that passes achieves their stated goal of ending the shuttle era at the earliest possible convenience, thus removing the viability of any political moves to ‘refine’ President Obama’s highly unpopular FY2011 proposal to the point that it includes a mini shuttle extension.
    Such political moves continue to be based around adding STS-135, as noted by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison – who issues a release after the confirmation the shuttle manifest had slipped into 2011.
    “I have called on the President to support stretching out the remaining flights, while adding the launch-on-need flight. Moving these existing flights is an important first step in maintaining our capabilities while we assess and plan for the station’s needs and work on a bipartisan compromise on NASA’s future. The Administration must now work with members of Congress to add the launch-on-need flight as an actual shuttle flight as well.”
    Congresswoman Suzanne Kosmas went a step further, requesting additional missions past STS-135, in order to support the extension of the ISS through 2020.
    “NASA should officially add the final launch-on-need mission to the manifest and consider additional missions to fully service and support the extension of the International Space Station through 2020. And we must move forward with a plan for NASA that preserves our highly skilled workforce, supports the development of commercial spaceflight, and utilizes investments we’ve already made to develop a next generation vehicle.”
    However, should political discussion fail to turn into political decisions by the fall of this year, it is likely Endeavour’s STS-134 mission will be the final flight of the space shuttle.
    trackingpixel.php?post_id=15203&ts=1278594230

Oh and now Eugene Cernan{last man on Moon} who has made no secret of his contempt for the future plans Wants Bolden to go as well!

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2010/07/cernan-calls-on.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They'd have to re-start production for the SRB's. At the moment they have enough sets for up to and including STS-135. If STS-136 were to get a green light then they'd have to re-start production on the unfinished ET's too. They'd want to be finding out soon if they are going to manifest STS-136 as it'll probably take a couple of years to get an ET/SRB set ready for flight.

Forgot to mention that the External Tank(ET-122) that will fly LON STS-335(STS-135?) has its own insignia.

et122_logo01.jpg

And a bit of background:"ET-122 was heavily damaged at MAF during Hurricane Katrina while its Return to Flight (RTF) modifications were underway in the MAF VAB. After an extensive assessment of its condition, NASA provided direction to repair the ET and incorporate selected modifications to return the vehicle to flight condition.

During the repair process, Lockheed Martin graphics department created a unique ET-122 insignia to be used for motivational purposes associated to the vehicle's restoration. NASA has requested Lockheed Martin apply this insignia to the ET-122 Intertank Access Door by an appropriate method to commemorate the unique history of ET-122."

Just to correct something i said above,Congress only went into recess for the July 4th week,It will have a summer recess of three weeks in August{I must have mixed it up with the Dail!}

I am sorry if i am harping on about this but the stakes are hugh

Thursday seems to be D-day for Obama's vision,not just for 2011,but also 2012/13. The big losers would be private industry research funded from the NASA budget.

The biggest winner would be Utah home of the Solid Rocket Boosters production plant.

It still would have to be signed by Obama but would mean an immediate start to the new Heavy Launch Vehicle and the Orion Manned capsule.
    It would also ensure an STS-135
    {To Me it makes much more sense}
    I hope Obama backs down on this one and some deal is done.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/space/os-nelson-overturns-nasa-plans-20100711,0,2094998.story

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2010/07/senate-rejects.html

http://www.spacepolicyonline.com/pages/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1022:senate-commerce-committee-to-mark-up-nasa-authorization-bill-on-thursday-july-15&catid=67:news&Itemid=27

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

ynotdu wrote: »
    It still would have to be signed by Obama but would mean an immediate start to the new Heavy Launch Vehicle and the Orion Manned capsule.
    It would also ensure an STS-135
    {To Me it makes much more sense}
    I hope Obama backs down on this one and some deal is done.
    +1 to that:)

Nelson- “The White House Will Announce Their Support for Our Bill Tomorrow”

Senator Nelson made a statement yesterday that may be the “major breakthrough” that was mentioned about the Senate’s NASA Bill. It’s on a short audio clip, and it includes…
    “We expect to pass this bill tomorrow… The White House will announce their support for our bill tomorrow, that is extremely important to us. That’s going to enable us to keep moving the ball forward in being able to have NASA continue a vigorous path of human exploration of the cosmos.”
    Link to the audio….
    That’s heavy duty. Time will tell.
    The Houston Chronicle’s Eric Berger wrote “Does the Senate plan for NASA’s budget have legs?”
    He wrote a quick summary and explanation of how it will work it’s way through Congress.
    Summary-
    Space Shuttle
    Obama: end in February, 2011
    Senate: end in late summer, 2011
    International Space Station
    Obama: Fully fund through 2020
    Senate: Fully fund through 2020
    Constellation Program
    Obama: Cancel, but continue with a “lite” version of the Orion space capsule
    Senate: Cancel pretty much in name only, accelerating development of a heavy-lift rocket that can also carry astronauts to low-earth orbit and continue development of an Orion-like space capsule
    Advanced Technologies
    Obama: Fund Flagship Technologies program at $6 billion over five years
    Senate: Fund advanced technologies at about $950 million over three years

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Nelson- “The White House Will Announce Their Support for Our Bill Tomorrow”

Senator Nelson made a statement yesterday that may be the “major breakthrough” that was mentioned about the Senate’s NASA Bill. It’s on a short audio clip, and it includes…
    “We expect to pass this bill tomorrow… The White House will announce their support for our bill tomorrow, that is extremely important to us. That’s going to enable us to keep moving the ball forward in being able to have NASA continue a vigorous path of human exploration of the cosmos.”
    Link to the audio….
    That’s heavy duty. Time will tell.
    The Houston Chronicle’s Eric Berger wrote “Does the Senate plan for NASA’s budget have legs?”
    He wrote a quick summary and explanation of how it will work it’s way through Congress.
    Summary-
    Space Shuttle
    Obama: end in February, 2011
    Senate: end in late summer, 2011
    International Space Station
    Obama: Fully fund through 2020
    Senate: Fully fund through 2020
    Constellation Program
    Obama: Cancel, but continue with a “lite” version of the Orion space capsule
    Senate: Cancel pretty much in name only, accelerating development of a heavy-lift rocket that can also carry astronauts to low-earth orbit and continue development of an Orion-like space capsule
    Advanced Technologies
    Obama: Fund Flagship Technologies program at $6 billion over five years
    Senate: Fund advanced technologies at about $950 million over three years
    Sounds great. Fingers crossed:)

I'll believe it when i see it. Yes,i'm that cynical!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

NASA needs the advanced technologies more than they need the Space Shuttle.

Confab wrote: »
    NASA needs the advanced technologies more than they need the Space Shuttle.

NASA needs the funding for both as currently they will shortly have no manned vehicle for an unknown extended period.

Russia already owns 50% of the time on the ISS{which simply could not have been built without the Space Shuttle.The rest of the time is divided between America and all the other International partners that have built the hugh structure.

The ISS is in theory for the peaceful research of outer Space and Science studies that will enhance the quality of life for human life on Earth.

The American Military Space programme is being well funded and currently has two test vehicles in orbit with much more sinister motives.
    They are so classified that almost nothing is confirmed except rumours.

The ISS will have another Russin component added in 2012,this has been known for quite a while now.

although the ISS was declared 98% complete last year America is studying hard a plan to add a whole new previously unplanned major section called Node 4 to be launched by Military rockets in 2013.

These nodes are only the structure that further modules can be added to one by one,funnily enough the idea came about shortly after Russia announced it hoped to extend the lifetime of the ISS until 2028 at least rather than planned retirement in 2020.

Star Wars is slowly unfolding for real while people sleep.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'll believe it when i see it. Yes,i'm that cynical!:P

Well believe this,all it takes now is for Obama to get the finger pen out!:P

=========================================================
    US Senate panel votes to extend space shuttle program
    shuttle-discovery-landing-sts-128-edwards-afb-lg.jpg
    by Staff Writers
    Washington (AFP) July 15, 2010
    A key Senate panel approved Thursday a 2011 budget proposal for the US space agency NASA that would extend the space program in a compromise from the Obama administration's demands.

Republican and Democratic members of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee unanimously approved the legislation, after months of debate and criticism.
    The powerful Senate Budget Committee must still approve the bill before sending it to the full chamber for a vote.
    Although the plan maintains the White House's 19-billion-dollar request for NASA funding for the fiscal year that begins on October 1, it adds another shuttle mission in 2011 to the two already scheduled for November and February.
    The US space shuttles are set to be being retired early next year, after President Barack Obama opted not to fund a successor program, opting instead to encourage private spacecraft development.
    NASA will then depend on Russia to fly astronauts to the International Space Station orbiting outpost until a new private or US government spacecraft becomes available.
    The Senate committee's bill ordered NASA to begin working on a heavy-lift rocket immediately, rather than in 2015, as proposed by Obama.
    "NASA is an agency in transition. We've had to take a clear, hard look at what we want from our space agency in the years and decades to come," Democratic Senator Jay Rockefeller, who chairs the Senate panel, said in a statement.
    "I've made my views on this matter very clear: NASA's role cannot stay static. It must innovate and move in a new direction."
    Senator Richard Shelby, the top Republican on the panel, said the measure "wisely rejects the administration's outright cancellation of NASA's human space flight program, and instead provides a clear path forward for the agency's exploration program."
    "I will continue to work diligently with my colleagues to craft and enact a rational plan that maintains American leadership and superiority in space exploration," the Senator for Alabama added in a statement.
    Texas Republican Kay Bailey Hutchison, a co-sponsor of the bill, stressed that Obama's plans "would have ended the era of US dominance in space exploration, threatened the use of the space station, and jeopardized manned spaceflight."
    "This legislation approved today represents a strong balance between the need for investment in new technology and the continued evolution of the commercial market to take an increasing role in supporting our efforts in low Earth orbit," she added.
    Senate committee extends shuttle program
    Washington (UPI) Jul 15, 2010 - A U. S. Senate committee has voted to extend the space shuttle program for at least a year beyond its scheduled termination, officials said.
    The bill co-authored by Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., would add a third shuttle flight for the summer of 2011, set out a new direction for NASA for the next three years, and would mean continued employment for much of the workforce at the Kennedy Space Center, WOFL-TV, Orlando reported Thursday.
    The Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee passed the NASA authorization bill by a unanimous vote. The bill will now move up to the full Senate for review, msnbc.com reported.
    "NASA is an agency in transition. We've had to take a clear, hard look at what we want from our space agency in the years and decades to come," committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., said in a statement. "I've made my views on this matter very clear: NASA's role cannot stay static. It must innovate and move in a new direction."
    Under the bill, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration will move forward with heavy lift rocket development for manned deep space flights with a target date of 2016 rather than 2025 as previously planned.
    NASA will be directed to begin development immediately on the new generation of rockets to carry future spacecraft and crews into orbit, a move that will bring millions of dollars into the Florida economy, WOFL-TV reported.

So to summarise the drip feed of news that has been coming in,This bi-partisan compromise bill by a Senate Science commitee has to get the nod by a bi-partisan Senate finace committee. The White House has Confirmed that Obama supports these changes to the plan he himself set out at KSC in February.It will then go to a full vote in both houses.The mid term elections take place in November and this bill saves SO many jobs in so many States Who is going to veto this ????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Star Wars is slowly unfolding for real while people sleep.

Eh? Star Wars has been around for 30 years. Laser and missile interception of ICBMs is possible from land, air and space. Nothing new about that.
    Russia already owns 50% of the time on the ISS{which simply could not have been built without the Space Shuttle.

The Shuttle built the ISS. Progress supplies it. The Shuttle is irrelevant to the ISS now.

Looks like things are moving in the right direction. Not there yet but starting to feel move hopeful now about the future of US manned flight:)

The Shuttle built the ISS. Progress supplies it. The Shuttle is irrelevant to the ISS now.
    Not true, the ISS will no longer have the up or down mass provided by the Shuttle. Also and more important is the loss of ability to bring up any replacement parts that might become necessary in the future. Expendable rockets can only do so much but can never replace the Shuttle's ability to launch large payloads and dock them to the ISS.

Eh? Star Wars has been around for 30 years. Laser and missile interception of ICBMs is possible from land, air and space. Nothing new about that.

Hi Confab i dont really want to argue on the 41st anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11.
    ISS will also need regular visits from the ATV and HTV as well as progress just to keep going.
    May'be the term Star wars was over-emotive,but reflects My alarm at the escalating use of outer Space for Military Purposes,and the fact that i wish so much that it had never started.!
    Below is a picture of one of the two crafts now on test in orbit,It is widely rumoured it carries weapons that would knock out a Countries Spy Satellites before a ground invasion!
    No picture of the 2nd one as it is even more classified which is widely rumoured to carry a massive conventional Warhead{for now}that could strike anywhere on the Globe within half an hour of being ordered to.
    I stress the word RUMOUR{this post would not be allowed in the Military forum}
    {to be balanced,China has already destroyed one of its own Satelites by a killer Satelite of its own,India/Russia is interesred in Military use of Space too,as possibly are the other Space powers}
    On the other hand NASA left to its own devices has an ethos of Peaceful exploration of outer Space{although they were forced like it or not to launch some classified Shuttle Missions for the Military}
    That ethos is what Augustine/Obama were going to destroy and might now be saved somewhat.

120520.jpg

This still sitting on one of the Lunar Lander's Eagle legs since Apollo 11
    is in My dreams the attitude to Spaceflight should be!

120521.jpg

Sorry for posting full articles rather than links,but as it comes by email it is only one of about 15 diffrient Space relateted stories.
    also sorry for not having time to reply to other posts on A&S forum to me at the mo.Cheers

House Committee Sets Realistic And Sustainable Path For NASA
    sts-130-nicholas-patrick-nasa-logo-lg.jpg
    The bill restructures NASA's exploration program. It directs NASA to develop a crew transportation system that will both minimize the post-Shuttle human space flight "gap" and directly support the expeditious development of a heavy lift launch vehicle and capsule to enable challenging crewed missions beyond low Earth orbit.by Staff Writers
    Washington DC (SPX) Jul 23, 2010
    Today, the House Committee on Science and Technology approved H.R. 5781, National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010, by a voice vote with broad bipartisan support.

"This bill makes the hard choices," said Committee on [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Science[/COLOR][/COLOR] and Technology Chairman Bart Gordon (D-TN).
    "We are in tough economic times, and we cannot do it all. While I believe it is important that NASA remain a multi-mission agency with challenging initiatives in science, aeronautics, and human space flight and exploration, I also want to ensure that NASA's missions are matched to available resources. As a result, some of the 'nice-to-haves' have had to be deferred, and worthy activities have been funded at lower levels than some of us would like. Nevertheless, I think the legislation before us sets a clear, sustainable, and executable path for NASA, especially in the area of human space flight."
    "We stand at a crossroad for America's space program," said co-sponsor and Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics Chairwoman Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ).
    "We will create our own path with changes we make today and I know that what will emerge will produce an executable and sustainable program that will get us exploring the heavens again soon. The clock is ticking, and it is important that Congress complete its work on the NASA reauthorization so that the nation's space program can once again have a clear direction."
    The bill authorizes NASA's Science and Aeronautics programs above the president's proposed levels and, in line with the president's request, reinvigorates the agency's commitment to developing innovative and transformational technologies. The bill funds NASA's education programs at the president's requested level and seeks to enhance the contribution of NASA's existing programs to STEM goals.
    The authorization extends the International Space Station program to at least 2020 and adds funding for ISS research and for a ground- and space-based life and physical sciences microgravity research program.
    As amended, it provides contingent authorization for an additional space shuttle mission beyond the current manifest; in addition, it adds funds to aid the Shuttle workforce and affected communities with the post-Shuttle transition.
    The bill restructures NASA's exploration program. It directs NASA to develop a crew transportation system that will both minimize the post-Shuttle human space flight "gap" and directly support the expeditious development of a heavy lift launch vehicle and capsule to enable challenging crewed missions beyond low Earth orbit.
    "The Constellation program that we know is unexecutable with the funds that have been-and are likely to be-appropriated," said Gordon.
    "We have created a balanced, sustainable exploration program that will allow NASA to live within its means. The new program builds on the investment and advancements already made in the Constellation program and will provide an exciting and productive program that will be paced by available funding."
    The bill, as introduced, provides more than $4.9 billion over five years in funding for commercial crew- and commercial cargo-related initiatives, including $4.1 billion for the Commercial Resupply Services contracts. It also includes $500 million in Loans and Loan Guarantees and $250 million in commercial crew transportation-related activities.
    "We are providing a reasonable commitment to commercial crew- and cargo-related activities, in light of the state of the industry and the funds we have available," said Gordon.
    "The loans and loan guarantees in particular will help NASA leverage a limited budget. We want to support the advancement of a new industry; however, we cannot be dependent on yet-to-be-developed commercial crew systems for U.S. access to the ISS and low Earth orbit, lest we make the would-be commercial providers 'too big to fail,' before we have proof that they can succeed."
    The Committee adopted 23 amendments.
    "The bipartisan nature of this bill sends an important message to Congress as a whole, as well as to the Administration, that NASA is a national resource worthy of our support," said Gordon. "I look forward to working with my House and Senate colleagues, especially Senator Nelson, to send a sustainable, executable plan to the president's desk."

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Finally some sense!! :)
    Beeker wrote: »
    Looks like things are moving in the right direction. Not there yet but starting to feel move hopeful now about the future of US manned flight:)

Looks like things are taking a dive more like... There seems to be an obsession with the space shuttle on this forum. In terms of bringing down the cost of LEO, the shuttle has been a complete an utter failure has it not? It hasnt brought the price of getting to LEO down. Even now when it is working at its best it still costs what, 400m per launch?! To lift 24tons to a low orbit!

If NASA focused its budget away from funding periodic launches to nowhere under some delusion to "keep manned spaceflight alive" then maybe we'd actually get out of LEO someday. The Augustine commision hit the bullseye. Constallation was going nowhere without ALOT of money. An Ares 1 ALONE was going to cost 1.5 Billion to fly per LAUNCH, when you include development costs.
    Instead we have politics entering the stage with idiotic senators wanting whats best for their own selfish requirements to "keep jobs" in their particular states, rather then thinking for once about the greater good of mankind. They sure as hell dont give a ratsass about space anyway...

LEO is old news, leave that to the more than capable commercial sector and lets get on with developing the means to explore that big solar system out there!

BULLER wrote: »
    Finally some sense!! :)
    LEO is old news, leave that to the more than capable commercial sector

Hi BULLER,i gotta admit your post left Me speechless and unable to respond until now.

On the subject of profit only commercial sectors building safe vehicles it does seem You may be right;)

Hi BULLER,i gotta admit your post left Me speechless and unable to respond until now.

On the subject of profit only commercial sectors building safe vehicles it does seem You may be right;)

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Haha, brilliant video. I would hope thats not how Elon Musk runs things, otherwise I wouldnt be so keen for a no vote tomorrow (or should I say today?!) on H.R. 5781!!! (yes on the senate bill!)

I'm glad I leave you speechless, I also leave people breathless. Shane Ward can testify to this. v v v

BULLER wrote: »
    Haha, brilliant video. I would hope thats not how Elon Musk runs things, otherwise I wouldnt be so keen for a no vote tomorrow (or should I say today?!) on H.R. 5781!!! (yes on the senate bill!)

Ha HA BULLER.You are a good sport!:)

My always realiable sources:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: tell Me it is the House not the Senate that will suspend normal buisness today/tomorrow to take a vote,so unless the Senate do the same in as far as i can figure American Politics.STILL nothing will be resolved.

Both go on Holidays on AUG 2nd so that pocket Veto by Obama is still on the cards.

Obama has signed an order that work on Constellation continue until ordered to stop.

After the holidays[and the reason for the emergency vote] They will only be concerned about the mid-terms.

This order will continue to keep some people in jobs on a programme that is doomed,and still not a 135 sorted,but no member of the House up for re-election can be blamed on job loss's before November.

It's a case of stay tuned to this channel to see the outcome,but they are not fooling people either for or against an STS-135.

Unless NASA were Lying when they said they needed to know by last June if 135 had a GO,it's not going to happen.
    Might be a few tricks left yet,at this stage once again it is NASA who's hands are tied by the short term thinking idiots!:mad:

due to the Private sector Lobbying for it not to[including but not only Elon Musk]
    With thanks to Southsiderosie who sent Me this Video when i asked for guidence as to how Prez,Senate,House and Federal nature of USA interact.
    I now walk away from this thread muttering "A Pox on ALL their House's"!

Wow Augustine was appointed almost as soon as Obama was inaugurated and it has been a roller coaster ride with no stop button ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

In all fairness ynotdu if you want a better idea of how politics works in any country just get someone who can draw and dictate this: "Draw two pigs fisting each other." That's about it. :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    In all fairness ynotdu if you want a better idea of how politics works in any country just get someone who can draw and dictate this: "Draw two pigs fisting each other." That's about it. :pac:

:D:D:D

STS-135 gets the green light(providing Congress pass it!),Please let Atlantis fly it and see out the programme!:)

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n1008/06senate/

Edit: I know i'm getting carried away but it's the first good news about the human spaceflight programme i've heard in a good while!

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    STS-135 gets the green light(providing Congress pass it!),Please let Atlantis fly it and see out the programme!:)

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n1008/06senate/

Edit: I know i'm getting carried away but it's the first good news about the human spaceflight programme i've heard in a good while!
    :D:D:DHappy Beeker:D:D:D Not there yet but the signs are good.

this does offer a glimmer of hope!:)

<deleted other post due to a bout of sarcasm about how long this process has gone on>

Advertisement