Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gym (with pool) in Artane (Dublin 5) area?

Options
  • 19-04-2021 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I'm going to be moving to Dublin 5, and am looking into the best gym in the area. WestWood Clontarf looks good but there are some really concerning comments online regarding their pricing structure which sound quite scammy, so I'm thinking of avoiding them.

The other gym with a pool that seems reasonably close is the DCU sports complex - does anyone have any experience with this and could recommend it?

If anyone knows of any other gyms/pools in the area I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

podgey1992 wrote: »
    I'm going to be moving to Dublin 5, and am looking into the best gym in the area. WestWood Clontarf looks good but there are some really concerning comments online regarding their pricing structure which sound quite scammy, so I'm thinking of avoiding them.

The other gym with a pool that seems reasonably close is the DCU sports complex - does anyone have any experience with this and could recommend it?

If anyone knows of any other gyms/pools in the area I'd really appreciate it.

West Wood is absolutely the best. They are expensive when compared to low cost operators.
    Pricing issues are generally around the joining fee, Monthly fees do not change.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 podgey1992

West Wood is absolutely the best. They are expensive when compared to low cost operators.
    Pricing issues are generally around the joining fee, Monthly fees do not change.

Thanks for this - good to know! I've seen lots of reviews about their joining fee, that it's magically reduced on the day if you sign up there and then, or that it's different in Santry compared to Clontarf. I really really don't want to support somewhere that makes their workers engage in these types of practices so I might look more into DCU!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mynydd2

Sportslink

Advertisement