Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a toning routine to do at home?

Options
  • 29-03-2021 5:04pm
    Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭

I was strong as an ox in my twenties but I'm more into cycling now and don't want to be carrying a load of excess muscle.

Looking for a good toning routine that is upper body based and that can be performed with minimal weights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

There's no such thing as toning. If you don't want to gain weight don't eat in a surplus. It's not like you start lifting and suddenly turn into Big Ramy.

What equipment do you have access to?

Might be worth reading: https://thefitness.wiki/

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭Jerrykay6

There's no such thing as toning. If you don't want to gain weight don't eat in a surplus. It's not like you start lifting and suddenly turn into Big Ramy.

What equipment do you have access to?

Might be worth reading: https://thefitness.wiki/

You know what I mean though I don't want to be carrying excess bulk that's of no use to my sport. I have a few kettle bells, an exercise ball, a trx and a bench with leg press machine attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Jerrykay6 wrote: »
    I was strong as an ox in my twenties

Just do what you did in your twenties then, but keep your calorie intake as it is now. Unlikely to put on any significant amount of weight if you're not in a calorie surplus.

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭Jerrykay6

Cill94 wrote: »
    Just do what you did in your twenties then, but keep your calorie intake as it is now. Unlikely to put on any significant amount of weight if you're not in a calorie surplus.

Was lifting serious weight back then. Was farming too so I was as strong as an ox at the time. Did a good leg session today and then out for a 60k cycle after, I'll fairly feel the legs tomorrow.

Advertisement