Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slipknot - 3Arena - January 14th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Arrogant little posts like your really annoy me, fishing for the upvotes. If you are poking fun of my excessive writing style or something it is because I have Aspergers, I can't even express how arrogant "roll eyes" symbols are.

I am 'poking fun' at your very narrow outlook on life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

mloc123 wrote: »
    I am 'poking fun' at your very narrow outlook on life.

Well done on the upvotes, that'll keep you happy for an.hour.

Narrow outlook? I wouldn't call anyone who has attended a Slipknot concert in their life as having a narrow outlook in life if I am to be honest, that's a confusing reply actually, I was posting about how I like London, the reason being it is has such a wide array of culture yet I have a narrow view of life? I can't be doing with people I must say, hive mind forums like this really make my misanthropy flare up. Make sure to give his reply your up votes fellows, you have to be seen to be taking sides on a forum argument, I really can't understand what goes on in the mind of "normal" humans, it makes me glad I'm riddled with the autism.

s8n wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Come on fellows, give him his upvotes, don't be rude to him.

I hope you fellows enjoy the Dublin show, make sure to show Corey around all the Gaelic sites in the pale, all those Georgian buildings and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

hive mind forums like this really make my misanthropy flare up.

Nobody is forcing you to post here.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nobody is forcing you to post here.

You are right and I won't be anymore, I worry for my blood pressure so won't be reading any more comments, I can't stand places like this, people love winding you up as they know they will never meet you in person, they wouldn't be as quick with their snide comments if they met you on a country road, full of pretentious fellows this place as is reddit, full of young Dubln people who have hipster beards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You are right and I won't be anymore, I worry for my blood pressure so won't be reading any more comments, I can't stand places like this, people love winding you up as they know they will never meet you in person, they wouldn't be as quick with their snide comments if they met you on a country road, full of pretentious fellows this place as is reddit, full of young Dubln people who have hipster beards.

Fairly sure I've never seen a hipster beard at a Slipknot concert, not quite the same audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Come on fellows, give him his upvotes, don't be rude to him.

I hope you fellows enjoy the Dublin show, make sure to show Corey around all the Gaelic sites in the pale, all those Georgian buildings and all.

No upvotes here buddy, this isn't Reddit !!

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

off you go now...... Cheerio

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So getting back on track, Behemoth they really seem to love coming here in recent times, Vicar Street in February of this year (i think), King John's Castle with Amon Amarth in June, and now The Point (i'll never refer to it by it's other name) with Slipknot next January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

r/iamverybadass or r/iamverysmart :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I wouldn't call anyone who has attended a Slipknot concert in their life as having a narrow outlook in life if I am to be honest
    judging by the Download crowd I am better off at work that evening anyway, a load of hipsters pretending to be dark edgy metal heads whilst at the same time holding their girlfriends hand.
    Is going to a Slipknot show indicative that you have an open mind, or an act undertaken by these imaginary hipsters who are haunting your porch?

On the subject of acting the hard man behind the keyboard that you were grandstanding up above, I was at the Download gig by the way. With my girlfriend. Pretty sure I held her hand a fair few times. I'd love for you to have come up to me for an ol' chit chat about that.

Got battered at that gig, for what it's worth. Scores of people on the walk back to the village were saying it was the biggest simultaneous crush/pit they'd ever seen during the intro ;).

I’m reading this whilst stroking my Dublin hipster beard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Lads that Poster has already mentioned they've Aspergers, I can't claim to be an expert but as I understand it they may have more difficulty determining whos gently slagging or having a bit of fun and might misread the tone of what you consider to be harmless joking around to be downright insulting.....

Not preaching but lets all just try and get on as music fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I have one standing ticket (hard copy) for sale due to a friend pulling out, face value, drop a PM if interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dublin is the first show of their new tour so we will have the pleasure of hearing the new setlist (they aren't the best for varying the setlist lately) first, aswell as a few first live plays off their new album, getting excited for it now little over a month to it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Did everyone receive their hard copy tickets? Mine never showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Reznorek

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Did everyone receive their hard copy tickets? Mine never showed up.

I got collectors tickets last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

klose wrote: »
    Dublin is the first show of their new tour so we will have the pleasure of hearing the new setlist (they aren't the best for varying the setlist lately) first, aswell as a few first live plays off their new album, getting excited for it now little over a month to it now!

Seeing the first step of a tour is probably the worst one. There'll likely A) be a LOT of mistakes since they'll be testing things out and B) Not a super playlist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

callaway92 wrote: »
    Seeing the first step of a tour is probably the worst one. There'll likely A) be a LOT of mistakes since they'll be testing things out and B) Not a super playlist
    It's subjective, I suppose. I've been to plenty of big shows over the years by bands whose teething problems make for an entertaining, more human show and who started out joyriding album tracks and oddities before that tour fatigue that just means they're playing a greatest hits/holding pattern setlist with no variance by the time the first leg is done with.

Off the top of my head, The Cure and Suede are two excellent bands who know how to play everything you'd want to hear whilst filling each set with some more obscure fan favourites from night to night. It's easier with a niche/cult audience, though. Although the Cure are a pretty huge cult.

When you get to playing stadiums, your setlist typically becomes less daring.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

Going on me own to this. Where is a good place to go for a few pints after? Staying in Christchurch direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Trotsky00 wrote: »
    Going on me own to this. Where is a good place to go for a few pints after? Staying in Christchurch direction.

Bruxelles for some decent tunes, fibbers for volume of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

will there be any more standing tickets released?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I have two spare seated tickets if anyone needs them ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

I have 2 spare seated tickets, block A for sale at face value, €75 each. PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

Still raging I'm missing this. I've never seen slipknot as headliners, and behemoth are incredible live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It's subjective, I suppose. I've been to plenty of big shows over the years by bands whose teething problems make for an entertaining, more human show and who started out joyriding album tracks and oddities before that tour fatigue that just means they're playing a greatest hits/holding pattern setlist with no variance by the time the first leg is done with.

Off the top of my head, The Cure and Suede are two excellent bands who know how to play everything you'd want to hear whilst filling each set with some more obscure fan favourites from night to night. It's easier with a niche/cult audience, though. Although the Cure are a pretty huge cult.

When you get to playing stadiums, your setlist typically becomes less daring.

This is what I've found with several rock/metal bands - the first couple of shows after a new album is released include tracks which will be quickly dropped if they're found to be not gelling with the audience. They're likely to be never played live again. As a taper myself, these are the shows you want to be taping at!

Looking forward to this

Crazy it's happening 5 years to the day of the last Dublin show with Korn supporting. I'll go in for Behemoth just to see what all the hype is about

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Justiiin

Hi,
    Anyone selling standing tickets in Dublin?
    Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

No tickets left for this on Ticketmaster at the moment.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

If anyone is looking to sell standing tickets let me know.

Got sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

May have a single standing ticket for sale, I'll know in the morning. Face value anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21 niconoa

Standing tickets and block D tickets on sale on Ticketmaster today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ticket arrived today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Early days but where would be a good spot for a few beers pre gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

10 days to go, yeeeowww!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Justiiin

May have a single standing ticket for sale, I'll know in the morning. Face value anyway

Meet me in Dublin next week if you still have tickets?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭kg703

Club Hell have an after party on anyway...

Green room will be playing random slipknot tunes before and after the gig as usual

Hoping critical darling and Nero forte get onto the setlist my two favourite off the new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

kg703 wrote: »
    Club Hell have an after party on anyway...

Green room will be playing random slipknot tunes before and after the gig as usual

Hoping critical darling and Nero forte get onto the setlist my two favourite off the new album

Is club hell the place under Tara Street? Was in there one night before Christmas and it's certainly shed its cool metal exterior, and was packed full of huns bopping to mumble rap

Edit I stand correctedhttps://m.facebook.com/events/918305911838476

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

What time will Slipknot be on at roughly? Half 8? Working that day and driving up from Waterford so don't wanna be late for them.

Excited!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Fibbers have an aftershow too

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

I have 2 standing tickets. Would anyone be interested in swapping for seats?

I'm looking for one standing ticket please. Drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

Can't wait for this. Can't believe less than a week left. Going on me own. So need to find a place for a few pints before hand!

Trotsky00 wrote: »
    Can't wait for this. Can't believe less than a week left. Going on me own. So need to find a place for a few pints before hand!

The 3arena has great transport links and the city centre is only about a 15 min loss trip away

The green room bar and Gibson Hotel are the closet places. Both nice places but can be very busy

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Anyone use point car park before or Luas handier? 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Can't speak for the car park but the luas is great. 15 mins from city centre to outside the arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Anyone use point car park before or Luas handier? ðŸ‘

Car park is grand but can be a bastard getting out of it in terms of delays. You might be better parking at Jervis ans getting the luas from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Degag wrote: »
    Can't speak for the car park but the luas is great. 15 mins from city centre to outside the arena

If you are using the car park best thing to do is leave when you know the concert is over...don't even wait and you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,288 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The Luas is grand now that they've organised barriers for queuing and have people there for crowd control and only let people on in groups.

I've personally never had an issue getting out of the car park but heard stories of a few people not being let out and having to wait. Sometimes you can get a good spot as people who aren't there for the gig will leave as you're arriving.

Advertisement