Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roomba or equivalent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

As someone with a roborock s50 my view is obviously tainted but there are some good YouTube reviews comparing both models which i would recommend.

My house is busy, we've babies and young kids so the house is never empty. The mapping means i can do zoned cleans and the cleans are done within 10 minutes. For this reason I find it invaluable, when they go up to bed I just send it into the play room, when we're finished cleaning the kitchen, I send it in there. If they go out of the house, I get the whole downstairs done in about 20 minutes

If you're out of the house all day and you don't mind the robot bouncing around for 90 minutes then the mapping is probably of no benefit to you.

I found the YouTube reviews good when trying to make up my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Seems allot of the deals have ended. I hope everyone who was holding out got what they wanted.

The Eufy 15C Max is good value on the UK site at the moment, but nowhere close to what it was on the Spanish site.

Anyone who owns a Eufy, please advise...

Mine is on its way. I'd like to put it in the utility room under a raised cabinet... The utility is a small room off the kitchen... Do you think the vacuum will be able to get around the ground floor and find its way back to the dock if it's in an awkward position like this?

Advice appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

D3V!L wrote: »
    Aliexpress newbie here. When I ordered i checked the Czech Republic warehouse and it said 4-10 days. Now on my account it said it'll ship within 41 days !!

Any ideas ?

Same with myself and the cc has been charged

I ordered it from France now on 36 days and counting Mr Bond

Messaged seller about something still waiting to hear back

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Anyone who owns a Eufy, please advise...

Mine is on its way. I'd like to put it in the utility room under a raised cabinet... The utility is a small room off the kitchen... Do you think the vacuum will be able to get around the ground floor and find its way back to the dock if it's in an awkward position like this?

Advice appreciated

It should find its way back eventually I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Same with myself and the cc has been charged

I ordered it from France now on 36 days and counting Mr Bond

Messaged seller about something still waiting to hear back

I'm cancelling my order. It said 3 day shipping on the ad originally and in my orders window there's 39 days left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

D3V!L wrote:
    I'm cancelling my order. It said 3 day shipping on the ad originally and in my orders window there's 39 days left.

I use AliExpress quiet a lot.

Firstly if it's free shipping the delivery time is only estimated so don't believe it. I often received a package that tracking told me was still only half way across the world

The sellers are given a certain amount of time to ship the item (39days in your case). If they don't ship within this time the order automatically closes and you get a full refund

The sellers don't actually get your money until you confirm you have received the order. AliExpress hold in the interim.

I would say don't open a dispute etc without contacting the seller first. Give them the benefit of the doubt and see can ye come to an agreement. Disputes can cause sellers to loose their stores and/or big fines.

Parcels and 17track are two apps/websites you can use to track your parcels

Main thing is don't let your buyer protection run out. That's your guarantee. Without that you can't get a refund if package is lost in transit.

Hope this helps some of the AliExpress Newbies. I ordered a Roborock on 11.11 and had it the following Monday from a EU ware house. Normally 7-14 days from eu warehouse and 30-50ish from China for items if using free post.

Seller's Shipping Method - CZ
    Free Shipping
    Estimated Delivery Time:4-10 Days
    Will be shipped within (Business days)30 Days

I selected the Czech Republic warehouse. I'm a bit dubious because the seller isn't responding to any messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭paulbok

My Roborock arrived today, ordered Friday from the Polish store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭derekbro

Ordered my Roborock S5 from aliexpress France Store.
    Currently processing, hopefully it will ship before 30 days

Seller's Shipping Method - FR
    Free Shipping
    Estimated Delivery Time:15-15 Days
    Will be shipped within (Business days)30 Days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭positron

Just after placing an order for Roborock S5 from AliExpress, €324, free shipping from Czech Republic (missed out on Black Friday deals/coupons etc).

Looks like I ordered with a different seller / store than derekbro above. It did say 5-6 days shipping, but who knows when it will ship! Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

They used to have 2 separate dates:
    - processing time
    - shipping time
    I always trying to find seller with quick processing time , because some of the sellers had 5-10 days shipping time and 30 days processing time :)

Sent the s50 out on a trial run a while ago, jebus, seriously impressed with the amount of dirt, particularly cat hair, it picked up.

positron wrote: »
    Just after placing an order for Roborock S5 from AliExpress, €324, free shipping from Czech Republic (missed out on Black Friday deals/coupons etc).

Looks like I ordered with a different seller / store than derekbro above. It did say 5-6 days shipping, but who knows when it will ship! Fingers crossed.

Looks like it has been shipped. Tracking shows it's coming from Germany :rolleyes:

Package status: In transit
    Origin: 2019-12-06 20:16, Neumark, Germany, The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bamayang

Just got my Eufy delivered from Spanish Amazon (thanks to the person who posted the link).
    Comes with a European two pin plug. can I just whip that off and put on a 5or 13 amp 3-pin plug? I know I’m
    Prob asking in the wrong spot.

• Advertisement

bamayang wrote: »
    Just got my Eufy delivered from Spanish Amazon (thanks to the person who posted the link).
    Comes with a European two pin plug. can I just whip that off and put on a 5or 13 amp 3-pin plug? I know I’m
    Prob asking in the wrong spot.

I got one of these to go with it:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07QW4KW68?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Cancelled my order from Ali Express seller not responding to messages

Take it now the refund will be a fight with Ali express or do they take forever and a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

Cancelled my order from Ali Express seller not responding to messages

Take it now the refund will be a fight with Ali express or do they take forever and a day

I messaged as well no reply or shipping date

I'm the same, cancelled and no reply from seller. The seller name is "superdeal 218"

I'm the same, cancelled and no reply from seller. The seller name is "superdeal 218"

Same guy did you get your money back

• Advertisement

nigwerwig wrote: »
    Same guy did you get your money back

No still "awaiting cancellation" on the order page

Will you keep us updated

nigwerwig wrote: »
    Will you keep us updated

Will do ;)

There is a timeframe for processing
    the order during which you can’t cancel the order unless seller agrees too.

alec76 wrote: »
    There is a timeframe for processing
    the order during which you can’t cancel the order unless seller agrees too.

What's the timeframe?

What's the timeframe?

Normally you could see it on a product description.
    Some sellers have 30 days processing plus delivery time .
    You can’t cancel the order during processing (unless seller agreed)

alec76 wrote: »
    Normally you could see it on a product description.
    Some sellers have 30 days processing plus delivery time .
    You can’t cancel the order during processing (unless seller agreed)

So basically the seller can hold your money for 30 days, earn interest and actually never ship the item !!

So basically the seller can hold your money for 30 days, earn interest and actually never ship the item !!

could you earn interest these days?
    But yes,that how this works. I always looking for quick processing time on description page ...Some good sellers have 5-7 days processing time + delivery.

The reviews are coming in :mad:

497439.PNG

Looks like we may have been stung.

Whats the next move. I haven't pressed cancel yet. All the messages are unread.

• Advertisement

Mine is at the status the seller is processing your order then it has RESUME ORDER

Still shipment date as 29 days

Going to ring my bank also see what they can do and reclaim amount as I cannot find a contact email for Ali Express Directly on their site and seller not responding all I am getting is

Hello Dear Friend Thanks for your support we will update it for you ASAP if you order still wait for the shipping so sorry for inconvenience

Eh Friend no Friend of mine

Mine is at the status the seller is processing your order then it has RESUME ORDER

Going to ring my bank also see what they can do and reclaim amount as I cannot find a contact email for Ali Express Directly on their site and seller not responding all I am getting is

Hello Dear Friend Thanks for your support we will update it for you ASAP if you order still wait for the shipping so sorry for inconvenience

I paid with my Visa, they want a copy of a cancellation email amongst other things. Since the seller hasn't cancelled I can't get it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Don't you have the option to open a dispute with Aliexpress?
    Remember the seller won't have got your money yet, Ali hold it until delivery is confirmed so open a dispute and Aliexpress should refund you quickly.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Don't you have the option to open a dispute with Aliexpress?
    Remember the seller won't have got your money yet, Ali hold it until delivery is confirmed so open a dispute and Aliexpress should refund you quickly.

Everytime I try to do this I get a bot and saying it takes 20 days etc

Bank disputing the payment and they are checking their end for refund also

AliExpress has many sellers and each shop has their own terms and conditions I believe, within the wider AliExpress terms and conditions. I ordered S5 from AliExpressess with "GShopper" store and they claims to have the item in the post (DHL parcel post, slow but coming it seems). However, while I am still waiting for my delivery, GShopper have gone ahead and reduced S5 by 30 usd!!!

I don't think there's a way to cancel the order and order new etc (like with Amazon). There's a reason why Amazon is so popular!

More feedback -

"the seller is fraud!!!! changed the status on the last day, assigned a fake track number and did not send the goods. always answered messages only on the third day. opened a dispute, the answer was also received on the third day. ali-express intervened, returned the money"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

That's a pain :( I've cancelled too, bot says I'll get my money back by the 29th either way.
    Anywhere else to order this? 359 pound on amazon :O

td2008 wrote: »
    That's a pain :( I've cancelled too, bot says I'll get my money back by the 29th either way.
    Anywhere else to order this? 359 pound on amazon :O

I cancelled but it doesn't say anything just resume order

Yes, mine is the same, i think the seller needs to accept that. But the bot brings back the following :

"If the seller cannot send it before 2019-12-29 16:08:41, the order will be cancelled automatically and the money will be refunded immediately.

Please do not worry and wait patiently."

• Advertisement

Yes, mine is the same, i think the seller needs to accept that. But the bot brings back the following :

"If the seller cannot send it before 2019-12-29 16:08:41, the order will be cancelled automatically and the money will be refunded immediately.

Please do not worry and wait patiently."

Thanks for that. Another 2 weeks it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭caddy16

So I've waited and waited to see would the S5 drop on amazon but I think I'll just go with it as have some vouchers to use.

One of the options is £499 which states uk plug and another is £339 which says Poland service and warranty. Reviews good on both, are they the same product? Anything to be worried about going for the cheaper one?

499 is pretty expensive.

I'm thinking about using eglobal, I've ordered a camera before with no issues.
    €328

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-roborock-s5-robot-vacuum-2-black-s55-eu-version-1.html

My AliExpress order - with seller 'GShopper' - is supposed to be delivered today (according to anpost tracking it's out for delivery). Order was placed on 5th Dec from CZ warehouse.

Here's the link to the shop: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32852322829.html?spm=2114.12010609.8148356.1.40652956ZLd14E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Just bought the Eufy 15C max. £157 on Amazon.

499 is pretty expensive.

I'm thinking about using eglobal, I've ordered a camera before with no issues.
    €328

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-roborock-s5-robot-vacuum-2-black-s55-eu-version-1.html

Same price €328, on the Roborock global store on Ali Express. I had mine delivered within 4 working days from the Polish store, but only Chinese or Russian store options at the moment.

• Advertisement

For those already using the S50 for mopping, does it leak water when travelling at the docking station or when say travelling across a carpet to a mopping zone?
    Trying to find a permanent location for the dock and it currently looks like in the spare room which is carpeted.
    There is a rubber mat for underneath So I guess that is in case of any drips while docked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,193 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

paulbok wrote: »
    For those already using the S50 for mopping, does it leak water when travelling at the docking station or when say travelling across a carpet to a mopping zone?
    Trying to find a permanent location for the dock and it currently looks like in the spare room which is carpeted.
    There is a rubber mat for underneath So I guess that is in case of any drips while docked.

i wouldnt have it crossing a carpet with the mop on

Cyrus wrote: »
    i wouldnt have it crossing a carpet with the mop on

Cheers, was afraid of that

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bamayang

Have the EUFY 15C MAX, using it a month now. Its main job was to clean up the hair left from a dog, its very good at that. It does get into a fair bit of bother tho. It has got caught on a few things including laptop charger, christmas lights etc. You have to have a run around the house before leaving every morning to make sure there isnt anything lying around that will annoy it. The good thing is, if it runs into bother, it just kinda gives up rather than doing any damage to itself or anything else.
    Once or twice it has also got 'lost' and not been able to find the charging station, but other than that its a very good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Effects wrote: »
    Just bought the Eufy 15C max. £157 on Amazon.
    link? Only seeing it at 169.99

• Advertisement
Advertisement