Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship 2019 26/11 - 8/12 BBC/Eurosport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Great couple of pots there by Maflin. Not easily done in a deciding frame. But then he misses the red...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I wouldn't hsve tsken that brown on but not blaming him for it. Was brave and just didn't get the reward.

And Allen wins the deciding frame on the black. Drama! Maflin really threw that away though.

Bingham misses a simple red after someone's mobile phone goes off, and Higgins clears up to lead 5-4. Bingham looks furious and I don't blame him.

It was unfortunate for Bingham but did he let it get to him much? Hendry for one didnt have all that much sympathty for him.

• Advertisement

It was unfortunate for Bingham but did he let it get to him much? Hendry for one didnt have all that much sympathty for him.

I think it ordinarily might not have affected him that much, but it came at an absolutely pivotal point in the match.

Hendry in the peak years of his career hardly had to content with mobile phones at all, so it's easy for him to say.

I think it ordinarily might not have affected him that much, but it came at an absolutely pivotal point in the match.

Hendry in the peak years of his career hardly had to content with mobile phones at all, so it's easy for him to say.

Yeah fair enough. I suppose hendry was saying if it had happened as he was pulling the cue through then ok, but he'd had time to back off and settle himself so shouldn't have missed the pot. But easy enough to say i guess.

Another big name struggling here as Yan Bingtao takes a 3-0 lead over Neil Robertson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Another big name struggling here as Yan Bingtao takes a 3-0 lead over Neil Robertson.

Now 4-0. Good chance of an upset here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Robbo taking a hiding here.

• Advertisement

Yan is playing good snooker and holding his nerve. Hard to believe he's only 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Virgo is a legend (when the black dropped in the corner on Robertson after potting a red)

Virgo says - 'The dreaded gravity took over' :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Definite upset now, 5-0. Be surprised is Robertson gets 2 frames at this stage.
    Will the BBC red button change to the other match after this seeing as it’s going to be over so early?

Yan the man 5-0 up on Robertson.
    From the bits I saw it looks like he is playing like a Mark Williams in his pomp. Mad shots he is getting fearless. He is also getting the run of the balls though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Hopefully. When will the BBC red button be upgraded to HD is the real question. Getting dizzy looking at this blurry haze.

Yan the Man ... Laughing at that! :pac:

Yeah, the red button normally switches over.

Re-rack time

Great pot with the extended spider, big change here to finish it off

4 snookers needed and he’s still playing on!

Fair play to him. Good scrap in progress for the last masters spot. Yan not out of it by any means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

4 snookers or not he's done.

Wenbo just about through too which is great to see. Great story.

Can’t believe Robertson won that frame!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

4 snookers needed and he’s still playing on!

Ah, sure why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Making a match of it....

5-1 to Yan now lost frame with Robertson needing four snookers.
    Rarely see the like of that.

Had actually switched across to watch soccer scores and then switched back to....5-1. Thought i was imagining things!

Had actually switched across to watch soccer scores and then switched back to....5-1. Thought i was imagining things!

Same thing I did :o

I'm amazed Robertson is still in this. That said, a lot of Yan's shots were poor. Especially hitting the pink earlier when he had an easy escape off the top cushion.

Well done yan, finally!

• Advertisement

Well done, Yan. He made hard work of getting over the line, but that's a massive performance by a teenager against the world number 4.

Advertisement