Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2019

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Latest on Johann Zarco is that he has an option with Marc Vds for Moto 2 (Ducati confirmed),an offer from Ducati to join Avintia and a Yamaha testing role is still on offer - confirmed by Lin Jarvis.

Since Zarco prefers to race it would appear it's Moto 2 or a technically enhanced Avintia.

Karel Abraham has announced that he won't be in Moto gp next year.
    There has been no official announcement from Avintia Ducati.
    Testing is scheduled at Jerez this week where it is widely expected that Johann Zarco will be confirmed as an Avintia Ducati rider for 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 23,163 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Zarco hasnt been registered for these sessions. Avintia are just running Rabat. Zarco has a sore ankle apparently but the lack of Karel himself basically confirms it.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Zarco hasnt been registered for these sessions. Avintia are just running Rabat. Zarco has a sore ankle apparently but the lack of Karel himself basically confirms it.

Who rides what at the testing is very fluid....2 ex moto 2 champions is a strong line up at Avintia

Infoanon wrote: »
    Who rides what at the testing is very fluid....2 ex moto 2 champions is a strong line up at Avintia

Yeah but Pirro is in Bagnaia's place at Pramac so there doesnt appear to be anothe Ducati rider to step up.

• Advertisement

Marc Vds have just confirmed Augusto Fernández who was to ride for Pons as Lowes team mate for 2020.

This was Zarco's other option for 2020.....

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yeah but Pirro is in Bagnaia's place at Pramac so there doesnt appear to be anothe Ducati rider to step up.

At a test Ducati can call in anyone they want - a wsbk Ducati rider,a bsb Ducati rider etc.

As it Happens Avintia Moto E rider Eric Granado is going to ride a GP18 at the Jerez test - Granado was due to ride in place of the injured Rabat at Malaysia but was stopped due to lack of moto gp experience.

Infoanon wrote: »
    At a test Ducati can call in anyone they want - a wsbk Ducati rider,a bsb Ducati rider etc.

As it Happens Avintia Moto E rider Eric Granado is going to ride a GP18 at the Jerez test - Granado was due to ride in place of the injured Rabat at Malaysia but was stopped due to lack of moto gp experience.
    I guess the article I read was wrong then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1198882691346817024

I’m going to sign up to this offer. It will help me decide between it and BT for next year.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

h3000 wrote: »

I’m going to sign up to this offer. It will help me decide between it and BT for next year.
    I used watch Moto GP on the Eir Sports app until Eir dropped BT sports. I watched it for the rest of the season on the Mobdro app. No problems and free. Give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

h3000 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1198882691346817024

Signed up to it last night so I could watch all the 2019 races I missed. Can’t go wrong for a euro! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

Ugh! Mine auto-renewed at €139.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

legrand wrote: »
    Ugh! Mine auto-renewed at €139.

As did mine, but that's an off season pass for €1. Good value but won't see live races next year.

Avintia may run a Ducati contracted rider in 2020 according to team manager Ribena Xaus.

Translation - Zarco will have a Ducati contract in 2020 not an Avintia contract.

Meantime Dovi is not overly happy with the 2020 Ducati......and his relationship with Ducati is not good according to rumours and Marquez is going to have shoulder surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Marc must have done some damage to need both shoulders operated on.
    Ducati have a bunch of poisonous individuals running their race team, Any decent rider they have ever had has been shafted by them.

Starting with Stoner (Didn't take his illness seriously)
    Rossi -Crap bike Preziozi not willing to change much,(Although there were big changes after Rossi left)

Lorenzo: Just starting to get used to the bike and that clown Domenicali calling him a has-been.
    He would have been a serious challenger this year if he was properly supported.

Dovi: Mr Consistent - not being listened to by Dall'igna and will probably finish after this season.

I really think unless there is radical changes in the way Ducati Corse management treat their riders they won't ever win anything ever again.

That's the thing if Ducati had acted with less haste and cut out the negativity Lorenzo would have probably stayed with Ducati and been a serious contender in '19.
    I always remember Jorge first win on the Ducati and the dismay as all around realiased that it was too late.

Lessons learnt - No !: As Jack Miller recently commented that as far as he knew there's no truth in the Petrucci /Miller swap - but then added what does he know ,he didn't know he was going to be dropped for Jorge (until the Pramac boss stopped it).

Ducati are also openly courting Vinales for 2021 , so as it stands :
    Dovi is very unhappy,
    Petrucci is hearing murmurs of him been dropped to Avintia
    Miller is one minute being fired and then been mentioned as a factory rider.
    Bagnaia's star has faded
    Rabat was out of a ride then got a contract extension
    Abraham just got fired and...Zarco is probably about to be placed by Ducati at Avintia.

Add in the rumours that Bautista had been promised a Ducati ride if he was successful in the WSBK - where he has quit Ducati for Honda , and not forgetting Casey quit testing as Ducati were not listening to him ....

Ducati rider management, especially in 2020 where 2021 contracts are going to come fast and furious, will need improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Fúck Ducati, I think they have to be better all round, now that Honda have a faster RCV much of the Ducati advantage has been lost, the Yamaha isn't that far off the pace, sure it looks like it but realistically if you look at the top 10 there is usually 4 M1's in there, the RCV is solely down to MM and the Ducati's and Suzuki's make up the rest.

Now if Suzuki get a few more Horse's out of the GSXRRR for 2020 the whole thing might change, Suzuki really need more bikes to get more data, Rins and Mir just don't get enough to make a difference. Best looking bike on the grid by far for me though.
    If they could get rid of a satellite Duc team and put another Suzuki or two in the mix it would be great.
    Zarco would be great to see on a Suzuki.

KTM seem to be stuck badly in the below 10th field, the last bit of performance just isn't coming easily and they have reverted to the Cobas frame like most of the field including Ducati.
    Its all very well trying trellis frames but as Stoner pointed out years ago, no two feel the same!
    Ducati have seen the light and latterly KTM despite a bad dose of stubbornism with regard to the steel frame.
    496595.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Johann Zarco has confirmed that he will ride for Ducati in 2020 with the Avintia team with his aim of moving to the works team in 2021.

Zarco indicated that the deal with Ducati was done after Valencia.

Official announcement is due soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
Advertisement