Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2019

• 23-01-2019 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

So we have 2 unveilings so far.

5c4216210de694dc5a3497ab-ducati-presenta-gp19-andrea-dovizioso-danilo-petrucci-motogp-2019.jpg

Marquez-e-Lorenzo-e1548244940332-6oof804grn2zl09q7ng98953346teyrisng5x4kn8sw.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Suzuki and Yamahas on Sunday before the Sepang test from Wednesday 6th to Friday 8th - the excitement is building !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Bikes looking nice, that Yamaha is a beauty. Will it be fast though?

motogp-yamaha-team-launch-2019-2.jpg

motogp-suzuki-team-launch-2019-2.jpg

motogp-petronas-yamaha-launch--2.jpg

• Advertisement

considering the horrendous season they had last year i cant see them been that much better this year

danilo the fastest at sepang test. he also broke the lap record nearly 6 tenths quicker than lorenzo last year.

1. Danilo Petrucci - (Mission Winnow Ducati Team) – 1:58.239
    2. Francesco Bagnaia - (Alma Pramac Racing) - +0.063
    3. Jack Miller - (Alma Pramac Racing) - +0.127
    4. Andrea Dovizioso - (Mission Winnow Ducati Team) - +0.299
    5. Maverick Viñales - (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) - +0.405
    6. Cal Crutchlow - (LCR Honda Castrol) - +0.541
    7. Aleix Espargaró - (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) - +0.783
    8. Franco Morbidelli - (Petronas Yamaha SRT) - +0.902
    9. Takaaki Nakagami - (LCR Honda Idemitsu) - +0.909
    10. Valentino Rossi - (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) - +0.916

no lorenzo or marc in top ten. granted marc is still recovering from a shoulder operation
    yamaha seem in the mix as well.

i know its only a test but i am genuinely excited that this could be an interesting season

That Ducati is a rocket.

Interesting little bit on the top yoke as well

Miller.jpg?itok=96-J7iF6

Rumour is that it is a 'holeshot device', similar to what is used in motocross for the starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Gintonious wrote: »
    That Ducati is a rocket.

Interesting little bit on the top yoke as well

Miller.jpg?itok=96-J7iF6

Rumour is that it is a 'holeshot device', similar to what is used in motocross for the starts.

Wouldnt imagine that something so crucial would look that crude......

More likely it had streetfighter bars on it at some stage...another sticker would have sufficed....:D

Qatar test day today - looking like it's going to be a close season with 4 manufacturer's capable of winning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭legrand

A brief segue. Bautista and his Panigale  V4 R blitzed the field in Philip Island - almost literally miles ahead!  Enjoyed the Super Pole setup. Laverty doing reasonably well too.  Could be an interesting season but I can't see Rea winning a 5th if 1st race anything to go by. Early days though.

Philip Island is an unusual track and Batistuta did finish 4th on his Duke in moto gp last year, Moto GP testing meantime is proving fascinating - but I can't help feeling Dovi has something in reserve. .....

im liking the new qualifying for moto 3 and moto 2. it was really needed especially in moto 3.

maverick on pole while rossi on 5th row

good to see a big mix up of riders starting on the grid.

it will be very hard to pick winners this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭4Ad

Motogp races about to start...
    Hopefully another exciting year.

What an incredible first moto gp of the season .6 seconds covering the first 5 !!

Quest have highlights tomorrow / Monday evening

great race from start to finish. was absolutely gutted for quartararo after qualifying so well to have that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭jelutong

Infoanon wrote: »
    What an incredible first moto gp of the season .6 seconds covering the first 5 !!

Quest have highlights tomorrow / Monday evening

Quest HD @ 6 pm.

surprised Miller was not sanctioned (those of u who have yet to watch the race will to wait and see)

complaint made by suzuki, ktm, aprilla and honda over ducatis new fairings

b916bbee2c8f3c1c6043e1adbd4f92e4.jpg

The fairing in question, its in front of the rear wheel.

• Advertisement

Great save but.. erm. As you do...
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/motorsport/47696809

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

tommyboy26 wrote: »

A run through the new 'long' corner would have been enough. I will say his bike was moving so if you go by the book he jumped. The issue if they didn't punish him would be everyone else doing it in 2 weeks and pointing at crutchlow saying he's allowed to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭XsApollo

It’s pretty simple.
    You can’t be rolling when you start.
    I think i remember the rules were changed a few years ago to allow movement but if you are stationary before the lights go out you are fine , where as before any movement was considered a jump start.

pablo128 wrote: »
    A run through the new 'long' corner would have been enough. I will say his bike was moving so if you go by the book he jumped. The issue if they didn't punish him would be everyone else doing it in 2 weeks and pointing at crutchlow saying he's allowed to do it.
    XsApollo wrote: »
    It’s pretty simple.
    You can’t be rolling when you start.
    I think i remember the rules were changed a few years ago to allow movement but if you are stationary before the lights go out you are fine , where as before any movement was considered a jump start.

i agree with you both but a ride through the pits that causes a 25s penalty is absolutely crazy.

Suppose could of been worse could of been lorenzo and pressed the pit limiter as the lights went green:o:o

The commentators were saying that it’s crazy for 25 seconds for that.
    But where do you draw the line?
    Say he let off like Lorenzo a few years ago and bolted because he knew he screwed up then he will have gained by only going through the penalty lane and probably still be in the lead.
    Definatley not deserving but there aren’t any rules to differentiate between and inch and a mile.... yet.
    Now they have the penalty lane they might come up with something.

XsApollo wrote: »
    The commentators were saying that it’s crazy for 25 seconds for that.
    But where do you draw the line?
    Say he let off like Lorenzo a few years ago and bolted because he knew he screwed up then he will have gained by only going through the penalty lane and probably still be in the lead.
    Definatley not deserving but there aren’t any rules to differentiate between and inch and a mile.... yet.
    Now they have the penalty lane they might come up with something.

simple solution give back 2 places. so if currently in 5th drop back to 7th and fight on. they do it for exceeding track limits

Well the reason the penalty lane was brought in was because that isn’t fair either.
    Your 2 places could be 2 seconds or 25 seconds depending how far behind they are.
    So the penalty lane is for consistency in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was hoping Rossi would get the win here

Dosnt look like it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭4Ad

Delighted for Rins..God he is thrilled..
    Between him and Tiger Woods some shocks today !

Advertisement